“Don't be fooled! They offer many things but deliver none!”
Review of Vina Terrace Hotel

Vina Terrace Hotel
Ranked #503 of 1,001 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel tells you the rooms have oxygen and lemongrass. There is indeed an oxygen tank that is in the room, but unless you asked them they don't turn it on, and when they do it doesn't work. The stuff is not that great as someone mentioned. They are rude and not so helpful. SInce there was no clock in the room and my phone ran out of battery. I asked them to wake me up, but they forgot and said "what's the big deal". THe big deal was we lost our flight back home. Rooms are tiny and there is nothing boutique about this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AGP8
Seigi O, Director of Sales at Vina Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2014

Dear,

First of all, we would like to say sorry to give you bad service what you felt.
we are ameliorating our service and facility.
If we can have a opportunity to give you room, we are going to devote our best is much better than we did to you before to you.
What is more, thanks to you, we could notice about our weakness.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel is located close to Ben Thanh market and close to restaurant areas. The location and the front desk staff are really the only good things about this hotel. The hotel lobby looks fine, but once you enter the rooms you'll find dirty and stained carpets, old and worn towels, dark and smelly atmosphere. The breakfast is not worth eating, as the stale food has been sitting there for a long time. The spa is pricey. Your luggage is stored in the lobby, as there is no luggage room. Best therefore not to leave anything valuable unlocked.
I wouldn't stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank alo6

Dear,

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
First of all, we would like to say sorry to disturb and irritate you.
We are now ameliorating our service, facility and so on.
Thanks to you, we could notice what we should do for good service.
If we can have a opportunity to give room to you, we are going to devote our best is much better than we did before to you.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

After switching from Mifuki Inn our first room had no hot water. In the morning somehow the whole building had no power so there was no air con. Second day we switched to another room and it was better. Not the cleanest in the world but good enough. I think if you dont spend a lot of time in your hotel room then it should be fine for the price. If clean room is a MUST then this is a MUST AVOID. Location is pretty good. Its close to some landmarks so taxi back is easy. Most of the stuff are 30min walking distance so its pretty good. Staffs are super nice and helpful. I give them credit for that.

Room Tip: Avoid if you NEED clean washrooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Seigi O, Director of Sales at Vina Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2014

Dear,

First of all, thank you for staying at our hotel and then so sorry to disturb and irritate you by our bad service such as shower system , room facility and so on.
We made them much better than you got. That is why, if we can have a opportunity to give you our service, then we are going to devote our best to you
Thanks to you, we could notice our weakness we have to improve.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I didn't spend much on this hotel, and you get what you pay in return.

None of the lamps worked in the room bar the one big one, and there was no light on the ceiling (so I had one lamp for a whole room). The bell boy tried turning them on so saw they didn't work so I expected him to get someone to come fix it, but he never did.

So I moved the big lamp to the middle of the room which meant moving the bed a bit...big mistake, I then saw that the rooms haven't been deep cleaned in a long long time...

Alas the room had no safe...the staff were like robots but for the price I expected nothing more!

Room Tip: Windows seem to be strong, I was on the first floor next to the road and didn't get woke up by c...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
LieuNguyen, Quản lý bộ phận lễ tân at Vina Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2016

Dear sir,

Thank you for feedback. We are so sorry for everything happen to you when staying in our hotel.
We are trying to improve the service and upgrade the facilities.
We hope you give us a chance to serve you better.

Regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stay here for 4D3N. The room is nice and decent room size, provide 2 small drinking water. Water pressure was good with hot water and self control air-conditioner enough to cold up the room after a long hot day after shopping at Ben Thanh. The breakfast was good but very limited selection for Muslim guess however with bread, baguette, boil eggs, rice porridge, fruit and vegetables I consider quite enough to full up the stomach. Overall it's a great hotel, about 2 block from the Ben Thanh market.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Thanks so much for your choosing Mifuki hotel. We are very happy when you feel satisfied. Your sharing is good advice for another traveller.
We are pleasure to serve you again. Hope to see you in next time

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Situated just a couple blocks from the Ban Thanh Market, this hotel is convenient. While clean with all the basics, the rooms are also cramped, the bathrooms especially, with no space for toiletries. The included breakfast has something for everyone, though there was practically nothing one morning--no coffee, empty trays everywhere--and I got some attitude when I expressed irritation. In fact, it was the impersonal, business-like attitude of the staff that most bugged me about this place. No one ever helped with bags, though there were doormen standing around, when I asked for my key the receptionist would hand it over without so much as a smile, and not even a good-bye when I checked out.
With the dozens of TRUE boutique hotels crowding this area--I'm staying at one next door now--you can do better than this place.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Sir,
Thanks so much for your choosing MIFUKI HOTEL. We are very happy when you feel satisfied. Your sharing is good advice for another traveller. Moreover, our staff will show you cheapest price if you visit us in next time.
We are pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Cheap and nasty would be going a bit far but cheap and shabby is accurate. I supposed for USD$35 it's not too bad but there are much better reviews for other hotels around that price on Trip Advisor. The breakfast is missable, the curtains don't block light, the toiletries are cheap, the WiFi spotty, and the service is crappy. I eventually got my room changed as the air conditioning wasn't working and they didn't get around to fixing it. But the duvet is ripped, the internet broke for several hours on one day, and there's no hot water on another. It's also annoying that there are no lights in the ceiling; the only illumination is from two small lamps. Also the lift can only take 3 people before overloading and the staff don't speak much English

Good things for the hotel - a comfortable bed and they've got around the Facebook block.

When I was staying there I never thought I'd go back. Then I moved to a USD$90/night hotel in District 1 and had a rock hard bed, staff that spoke little English, and no hot water. For the price...I might consider it again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear sir,

We are trying to improve the service and upgrade the facilities.
We hope you give us a chance to serve you better.

Regards,