“Mifuki nice location”

Ranked #444 of 835 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Mifuki nice location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

Me and my girl friend was staying at mifukin on 22/02/2012 to 25/02/12 ( level 5 , room 501) it a reasonable hotel with descent room. It a old hotel which uses key instead of card access to your room. The room is clean with a tv, free wifi (connection was good) and toiletries was replenish everyday . The bed is ok but think they need to change the pillow.
The hotel will provide 2 bottles of water everyday. If you need more drinking water, can always buy from a7-11 store near by. ( do be careful if you decided to buy from street cos seller may makeup price) The receptionist ladies was friendly and helpful. They can remember which room you stay in ( on hand can only remember one of the lady call Anna ) . The stuff there are helpful but maybe due to shy or language barrier , they may answer you abit slow. The breakfast is decent but if you don't mind eating local food, go to Ben Thanh Market. It only 5 to 10min away, there a lot of nice food in the market and around. ( there a restaurant call cafe 2000 beside the market, the stuff understand English and the food are good and cheap) do try if you want local food. At night do visit the market after 7pm, the street will be turn into night market. There one store selling BBQ food, very good food ( do try the BBQ snapper fish). There a coffee joint opp the hotel which sell very good coffee. They open at around 7am and close around 11pm, you can buy coffee bean from there also. Do try , I was there attest 2 to 3 time daily to buy coffee. ( a lot of people during lunch and after work) coffee beans can also be purchase there or at the market.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Leekkj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

A basic, dated, hotel. Smoking rooms everywhere reeking of menthol that cleaning staff use to deodorise, and the vapours burn your eyes, even when in your own room. Some staff friendly, some not. Breakfast, eggs cooked 'on-the-spot' are fine. Skip everything else. Fruit runs out and not replenished. Coffee cold. Other food looks like it has been out overnight. If you get a cheap price, then book it, if not, then don't. Booking Pre-paid, but they tried to charge me again! Internet hotel search engines have this and several other hotels mixed up due to similar names, and also this hotel goes by several name variations, so good luck with getting the hotel that you want.

Room Tip: A/c noise in cheaper rooms, street noise in others. Good luck!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Robert B
Mifuki, General Manager at Vina Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Robert B,
Thank you so much for your sincerely comment. In each room has the oil lamp with the peppermint smell and that why you can smell the menthol surrounding the room. The oil lamp can be turned on or off at your preference. All of our food are been cooked daily and all left over will be threw away. These foods on the buffet might be dried out under the strong heat or the way we serve it. I am really sorry and will ensure that it will not happen again in the future. I have followed up with chef as well as service staff in regards to your concern. Without your comment, I will not be able to know certain things which make my customers upset. About the payment, it might be misunderstood as if we did not receive any confirmation from the agents or any websites that you have booked the accommodation with, we will not know that you have pre paid for room. We do not want to receive negative feedback in related to over-charge or double-charge by doing this. I am thankful for your comment and it will help us to improve our services as well as products. Please give us a chance to fix as well as to give for you a better experience at our Hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Princeton Junction, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

We paid $55/night for a room in the boutique hotel. Yes, it was small, but I have no idea what other hotels in the area are like. I thought this one had remodeled. Cheapest option yet quiet!! Bathroom was nice. Flat-screen TV, two free bottles of water/day, free wifi (with a security code). Unlike another reviewer, we liked the breakfast. And having on an 8th floor rooftop dining area was a nice touch.
We also paid $25/night for the two-star. Definitely a difference. You could get breakfast next door for $3. No free water. Room was smaller, bathroom not as nice. Felt like it was a converted office building (our room had a window to the hall that was covered up but some light still got through. But we arrived at midnight and were planning to leave at 3 am the second night for our flight home (ended up being re-routed and leaving at 9 pm). For what we needed, price was right.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank princetonarea
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Mifuki boutique hotel is located in prime location of the city center, but there are many other likewise hotels around this area. The rooms are small and old, one of my travelling partner's room has a gab at the room's door which allows people to peek into the room, not very safe. The sound proof are bad such that you can hear people talking next door or in the corridor. Not to mention their breakfast, it's better to walk out and eat at the market.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Mifuki, General Manager at Vina Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Traveleddict,

Thank you so much for your valuable comments. As the Operation Manager of the Hotel, I would like to convey to you my sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have experience during your tenure with us.

I would like to inform you that I have requested Maintenance to follow up the door problem. I promise that it will be fixed and there will be no comments in the future in regards to this.

Regarding the sound proof, I am working on it to find out the way how to reduce the level of impacting for each single guest, when guests in another room have quite loud conversation. I have carried out the test to see how much I can hear from other rooms. The result has showed that we can hear it when others voice are quite high. It is extremely important for us so if you do not mind, please kindly inform us the room number. The structure of each room is entirely different so the level of impacting might be different so please help us by providing the room number which you had stayed only.

In relation to breakfast menu, I will revise the menu to give more choices to our guests in the future. At the moment, we have different menu for each day so someday the menu might be less food times. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and I will have a look into it.

I am really appreciating your patronage and hope that these problems do not keep you from returning to our Hotel. I am looking forward to having you stay with us in the nearest future as I would like to have another chance to show you how much we appreciate your comments as well as others.

Once again, thank you for your times and comments.
South Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

A good location very close to the Ben Thanh Market and reception staff were pleasant - pity about the breakfast staff - overworked, unhelpful and don't get me started on the quality of the included breakfast which was served on a nice little rooftop area but was; never ready on time, coffee too cold to drink with a dismal selection (same as the staff really!) Now for the rooms - we stayed in two different 'deluxe' rooms both in need of renovation (worn carpet, paintwork etc) although to be fair the bathrooms while tiny, were newly appointed (perhaps not as clean as we would have liked). The rooms and indeed all the top floors of the hotel had a permeating damp odour which left us feeling most unwell forcing us to spend as little time in the room as possible. The rooms did have a safe but it was unsecured and could be removed by anyone with room access. The only thing going for this hotel is it's location and the lovely coffee shop on the diagonal corner.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaigeySouthAustralia
Mifuki, Manager at Vina Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear PaigeySouthAustralia,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay. As an Operation Manager at the Mifuki Boutique Hotel, I am sincere apologies for spoiling your vacation. If I know this problem early than that, I can find out the way how to fix it and try to make it up to you and your friends as soon as possible. Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention and I would love to see more guests be opened to us like yourself so we can improve quality of our products and services.
A chef who was responsible for getting all breakfast items out on times was been asked to stop working at our Hotel. We have also changed another breakfast staff as the previous staff did not have any hospitality attitudes.
I have requested Carpet Company come to fix the worn carpet in front of the lift as well as deep cleaning carpet inside all the guests’ room. All of our room has wallpapers so I would love to ask you for a huge favor which is the room number so I can do inspection. I have to admit that the toilet spaces in some rooms are quite small but others are not.
All of the rooms as well as corridors have natural essential oils machines and some guests said that it made them feel uncomfortable and hard to breathe. If this is a case and you did have a same feeling like others guests then please let me know.
We are responsible for our guests’ belongings during their stay so if anything goes missing in a room, I will be the one carryout investigation. After investigation is done, guests’ belongings will be returned along with apologies.
I really appreciated your thoughts and comments and strongly hope that we can have another chance to have you as our guests.
Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
Operation Manager
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

Charming small hotel with big generous attitude; no restaurant but lovely breakfast terrace, and excellent sister establishment

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights during my business trip to HCMC. The location was good for our needs. Not far away from the backpacker area and within walking distance to the Rex and Opera.

Free wifi that worked perfect in my room.

The Breakfast was nice and located on the top floor.

The traffic noise was no problems on my floor (2. floor).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business