“Great time exploring the local district and food”

Vietnamese Street Food Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We believe food is one of the most intimate windows to culture, history and people, and one of the most authentic ways to explore a city. Every dish has a story behind it. Our mission is to let visitors from all over the world experience the Vietnamese street food and cultural exploration. Besides tasting delicious food, all participants will learn fascinating history and rich culture in neighborhoods, sharing from the true insider. We don’t like tourist traps as much as you don’t. From street vendors to Vietnamese cuisine, we only share authentic tastes and experiences – so that you have the knowledge to explore and eat in Vietnam with confidence, or as we like to say, like a local. Our values which we want to bring to you are… Being 100% local company that offers authentic food tour has quickly gained reputation for connecting travelers with locals and bringing real food, real culture to travelers as well.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 30, 2015 via mobile

I don't really bother with reviews normally but had such a great time on this tour I felt I had to break the habit.
It was only myself and Cuong (guide) on the tour but it felt more like visiting a friend in a foreign city, who wants to fatten you up, than a corporate tour guide.
We walked around the local district, I didn't see another westerner all night, and Cuong explained what all the foods were on the side of the street and bought them for me to try, he also explained a bit about the culture of the people we were among.
I got to try a ridiculous amount of food, and feel the fullest I have since being back in England.
Overall I really enjoyed the tour, learnt a lot and had a great evening; if you have an evening free and are interested in local food/ culture, I'd recommend going on this tour, just make sure you start with an empty stomach!

Also, the duck eggs with a baby duck inside aren't nearly as bad as they sound, almost like a normal boiled egg.

3  Thank Ricky B
"food stop"
"four hours"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed June 27, 2015 via mobile

The street food tour with Viet was awesome. We learnt so much about the city, the food and the culture of the local people.
With this tour it felt like we were seeing the real Ho Chi Minh City. Great service and a great price. Started at a market and then walked our way around the alleyways eating amazing food. Doing this has really set us up well for the rest of Vietnam and gives confidence when out and about in ordering street food.

2  Thank Gazza109
Reviewed June 26, 2015

Everything in here was wonderful. You will eat a ridiculous amount of food and have so much fun seeing a part of Saigon. The food is amazing

3  Thank Roger P
Reviewed June 26, 2015 via mobile

This tour is a must do! I wish we had done it prior to our last night in Vietnam, as we would have eaten a lot more street food after learning what we did during this tour. Cao is great! He is very sweet and welcoming, and shares a lot of general knowledge about Ho Chi Minh City, along with the best food the streets have to offer! This tour was very personal, only myself and partner, and far cheaper than booking elsewhere! I also like the idea of helping a true local, rather than a large tour company. The coconut and rice flour buns...my favorite, you have to try!!!

2  Thank Lauralyce