“Great experience! ”

Vietnamese Street Food Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We believe food is one of the most intimate windows to culture, history and people, and one of the most authentic ways to explore a city. Every dish has a story behind it. Our mission is to let visitors from all over the world experience the Vietnamese street food and cultural exploration. Besides tasting delicious food, all participants will learn fascinating history and rich culture in neighborhoods, sharing from the true insider. We don’t like tourist traps as much as you don’t. From street vendors to Vietnamese cuisine, we only share authentic tastes and experiences – so that you have the knowledge to explore and eat in Vietnam with confidence, or as we like to say, like a local. Our values which we want to bring to you are… Being 100% local company that offers authentic food tour has quickly gained reputation for connecting travelers with locals and bringing real food, real culture to travelers as well.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 26, 2015 via mobile

This tour is a must do! I wish we had done it prior to our last night in Vietnam, as we would have eaten a lot more street food after learning what we did during this tour. Cao is great! He is very sweet and welcoming, and shares a lot of general knowledge about Ho Chi Minh City, along with the best food the streets have to offer! This tour was very personal, only myself and partner, and far cheaper than booking elsewhere! I also like the idea of helping a true local, rather than a large tour company. The coconut and rice flour buns...my favorite, you have to try!!!

2  Thank Lauralyce
"food stop"
"four hours"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed June 6, 2015 via mobile

Everything about this food tour was amazing. Our tour guide Viet was so nice and informative. You will eat a ridiculous amount of food and have so much fun seeing a part of Saigon that most tourist don't get to see.

1  Thank alex n
Reviewed June 5, 2015

I took this tour in April 2015. If you enjoy eating, and people watching, this tour is for you! You will get to experience true Vietnamese lifestyle and some of the best food you have ever tried. This tour is unique in the sense that it is off the beaten path. These guys will take you on an excursion to local life and local foods that you just don't see or experience every day. They will give you the street food tour in District 4. Most tourists only have the privilege of touring district 1. I have visited Vietnam three times now and this was, by far, the best food and experience of local life that I've experienced so far! It is a great tour, for an even better price! Well worth it!

3  Thank Cap M
streetfoodman, Owner at Vietnamese Street Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2015

Thank you so much mr. Steven! It's my pleasure to be a part in your journey in Vietnam and hope to see you next year! Wish you all the best!

Reviewed May 23, 2015

We visited Ho Chi Minh City in January. Our first trip to Asia - being overwhelmed by all the options of local food. We took the Street Food Tour on the second day of our stay to get an idea of vietnamese cuisine. We got so much more than we were hoping for - 3 hours of walking through District 2, sampling vietnamese food, finding out about day to day living, shopping at markets and talking to the people. A tour I would strongly recommend not only to fist time visitors.

4  Thank Elina G
See more reviews
Reviewed January 2, 2015

My hotel booked my spouse and I on that tour which I highly recommend. They pick you up at 17h30 at your hotel and return around 21h30. I had prepared a list of 10 plates i wished to try and my guide nicknamed "Street Food Man" was able to find 7 of them and tried an additional 3. Very cheap meal between US$0.5 to US$2 per meal/plate. Great to experience what Vietnamese eat and did not see a single tourist outside our group of 6. Our guide was very generous with his advised, stories, explanations and constantly smiling and helpful. They are half the price of competing offering (about 60 to 80US per person vs. $30 for them) and felt I had a lot of my money. You do not do this tour for gastronomy and food quality was average or below average of our one month tour in IndoChina. But you do this tour for culture, history and experience. Wonderful way to spend an evening in HCMC and a safe environment with a local guide who speak the language.

7  Thank The_French_Canuck