“No better Vietnam photo guide”

Vietnam Photo Adventures
Ranked #44 of 455 Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join Arnaud on one of his Photographic Day-trip and explore the vibrant Saigon through the lense of your camera. You will discover the city's less traveled back alleys, all the while receiving feedback and instructions on how to improve your shots. We also offer 2 and 3 days tours in the Mekong Delta taking you to its Floating Markets at the golden hour.
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

The ONLY negative that I can report is that the trip with Arnaud ended!!

What an unbelievable photo adventure! A month-long journey traveling from the Mekong Delta to Meo Vac, 400 km from Hanoi and just a short distance from the China border. Our itinerary included two internal plane rides; a few homestays; and many miles in a van with a driver.

Having decided to return to Hue, Vietnam where I served in the US Army in 1970-1971, we looked for a Vietnam photography tour to explore and photograph remote parts of the country. (We consider ourselves beginner/intermediate level photographers, and very timid in the street photography world.)

After an Internet search; several Skype calls with Arnaud; and reference checks, we booked our trip with him--Vietnam Photo Adventures. Our gear included b&w film cameras, a NEX 6, an EM 5 Mark 2, and of course our 6+ IPhones.

We had a fantastic experience with him and his Vietnamese wife, Tuong. Being with Arnaud was a delight for many reasons: (1) he is a talented photographer, (2) he is an extremely good and patient teacher, (3) he gives constant feedback and his photo reviews were informative and very helpful,(4) he has an excess amount of energy that brought out the best in us, (5) his Vietnamese language ability (plus having Tuong, on the trip) opened "doors" to many photo opportunities, and (6) his sense of humor got us through the more trying times

The logistics were well handled and his choice of hotels plus several homestays all worked. There were no hickups!

Vietnam is an incredible picture-taking country with beautiful and breathtaking landscapes snd wonderful street and portraiture opportunities.

I can't believe there is any better option for a photographer to see Vietnam.

Date of experience: June 2017
"fun person"
"private lesson"
"few hours"
in 11 reviews
"a great learning experience"
in 3 reviews
"his passion"

Reviewed August 18, 2017

I went on the Cholon tour, and I had a fantastic experience. I consider myself an experienced amateur photographer, but in just a few hours with Arnaud I learned a lot. I take a lot of pictures (both when I travel and at home), but Arnaud helped me to see my subjects in a new way. His feedback along the way was really useful, but the most useful thing from me was the encouragement to get out of my comfort zone and interact with my subjects. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Informative, easy to follow and a bit technical at the same time, knowledgeable of people and culture, fun and artistic, as giving away free advice on picture composition, story and "soul" ..... thanks Arnaud

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

I went on the Cholon morning tour and head an awesome time. Arnaud is kind and patient and a great teacher. I appreciated his individual attention and passion for photography and Vietnam. Thanks Arnaud!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Gameser22
See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2017

I spent an afternoon learning street photography one on one with Arnaud and also did a private tour of the Back Streets of Cholon. Arnaud is an excellent instructor and will take you to see parts of Saigon that you would never find on your own.
He is very patient, especially when I got moisture in my lens the first day!
I had a great time and one of the photos I took while on tour with him was accepted into a local photography exhibit that is very hard to get into.
If you love photography, it is worth taking one of his tours so you will get some unique photo opportunities while visiting Saigon.

Date of experience: February 2017