Review Highlights
Cholon street photography

Considering myself as an advanced photographer I haven’t signed up to a photo tour in a long time... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
dhtt29
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
HCMC Photography

Thanks Arnaud for a great afternoon in HCMC. Arnaud is a great host and photographer, combining a... read more

Reviewed October 29, 2018
markp0102
Sydney, Australia

All reviews street photography backstreets tour photography skills photographic experience professional photographer skill level camera settings love photography amazing teacher skype calls meo vac amazing shots fun person private lesson few hours a great learning experience his passion
Reviewed May 31, 2017

This was my first visit to Vietnam and Saigon was our first destination. On our 2nd day Arnaud collected me at the agreed time from my hotel on a scooter. I was the only person booked on the tour that morning so I was a little nervous travelling on the scooter and also being a 1:1 tour. I needn't have been. He put me at ease immediately and after spending a few minutes having coffee in Chinatown, we set off walking. Luckily it was a full moon and there was a lot of worship taking place in the stunning nearby temples. From there we moved around the market, into a backstreet welcoming coffee shop and generally explored. It was wonderful.
I learned so much and revisited information I already knew but had forgotten and came home with some brilliant images which I'm sure I wouldn't have achieved without Arnaud's help at the beginning of my holiday.
Don't hesitate to book if you are genuinely interested in this subject.

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank Dawn2011
Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked a private photo tour with this organisation. 3 days of hidden gems in the Mekong Delta and 14 hours of photography.
What we got was a private tour of 3 days in the Mekong Delta.
There was no one who took us by the hand, which I asked for, with photography. There was no inter action at all with vendors on the floating markets to make photographing easier (portraits).

The guide did not find any monk in the Khmer temples (to be photographed in their saffron robes).

The guide had difficulties finding the right restaurants for us because always the place had been shut down or sold out of vegetables (husband eats vegetarian), so we spent a lot of time driving circles.

The 2nd day was the best day because of the hosts of the home stay on Tiger Island.

The last day we visited Dihn Yen, a so called picturesque mat weaving village. The village happened to be at lunch. So instead of looking at all the villagers matweaving in front of their houses, what would have been a paradise for photography, and visiting the museum we sat for coffee and visited a very, very dirty toilet on the sleepy Market Square.

This tour was a total ripp off. A shame for Vietnam touroperators!

Although we sent an email to the tour manager, Mr. Dzung, and also gave feedback on a request form in which we asked for comment/reply, we did not get any reaction of this company.

So please be very careful doing business with this tour operator.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank marguerite12
arnosgn, Owner at Vietnam Photo Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2017

Dear Marguerite,

Thank you for reaching out, we are very sorry to hear about your experience.
Unfortunately, it seems you have fallen victim to a scam travel agency, presenting themselves as Vietnam Photo Adventures.
All client communications go exclusively through Arnaud, and we've never heard of Mr. Dzung.

Since we started operating VPA, many shameless businessess have proceeded to entirely copy our full website, tour programs photos and descriptions.
Unfortunately, travel scams are a rampant problem in Vietnam and there is nothing much we can do legal wise.
The sad reality is that these few bad apples are giving Vietnam a bad reputation, while the majority of operators are working hard to deliver great experiences.

If you happen to travel to Saigon again, please get in touch with Arnaud (using Trip Advisor link to our website).
We would be happy to offer you and your husband a free half-day adventure, and let you experience the real thing!

Best Regards,

Vietnam Photo Aventures

Reviewed May 27, 2017

My daughter and I spent amazing three days in the Mekong Delta with Arnaud. The Mekong delta photo adventure tour was one of my best photography workshops experiences and we will remember it for our entire live. Arnaud is awesome, engaging and fun person to meet and spend time with. He led the trip in super friendly and professional way. We arrived to locations, being there the only visitors. The atmosphere and photo opportunities in all locations were very unique and exciting. Arnaud knows precisely when is the best time, to arrive to each location from photography and light point of view. In addition, he is very flexible if you have special interests. Arnaud knows local people and how to approach them gently with a big smile and respect.
Strongly recommended for any photography skill level and any tourist or locals that are looking for a unique experience out of the touristic path. It was one of my best experiences in Vietnam.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Isaac S
Reviewed May 9, 2017

My wife and I booked both the Cholon Backstreets (AM) and the Saigon Urban Exploration (PM) workshops with Arnaud in March. My wife had taken the Scoot and Shoot tour in 2016 while I was stranded in Laos with visa issues, so we were familiar with his excellent programs. First things first...Arnaud's expertise and patience were amazing. In our case, he was dealing with two amateur photographers with rusty skills and new cameras whose technology we had yet to master. Secondly, his introduction covering basic camera skills, composition, and how to engage with subjects was a course in itself. Lastly, Arnaud is a genuine, positive, and funny guy who blends his photography expertise with local culture, perspective on 21st Century Saigon living, and the country's politics. Break away from the traditional tourist itineraries and go with Vietnam Photo Adventures. You won't be disappointed.

Date of experience: March 2017
2  Thank Jack C
Reviewed May 5, 2017

We booked Arnaud because I thought he would help my husband learn better how to engage and photograph people. His subjects have been mostly nature and cityscapes. We also wanted to get into the thick of Vietnam culture, unadulterated by tourism.
Arnaud delivered on both. The experience, however was marred by the Trip being priced somewhat higher than would be customary (based on like services), some tension between Arnaud and his assistant/wife, and by Arnaud's tinkering with his new drone. He spent a lot of time learning how to use it while we just sat in a boat waiting for his batteries to run out. There were a couple of occasions when we went up and down a tributary looking for the drone when it was lost. This, of course would be ok if we were on a recreational outing. But we were clients on a photography tour.

Date of experience: April 2017