Review Highlights
Awesome photo tour of Cho Lon

I first did the Cho Lon backstreets tour with Arnaud four years ago, and I learned so much back... read more

Reviewed February 19, 2020
lukes232
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Great memories from the Mekong Delta

The Mekong Hidden Gems 3 day tour with Vietnam Photo Adventures was the trip of a lifetime. Arnaud... read more

Reviewed December 1, 2019

from $35.00
from $45.00
from $22.00
More Info
All reviews street photography backstreets tour photography skills love photography travel photography great teacher automatic mode beaten tourist path ha giang cho lon his knowledge mekong delta learn how learned how photo opportunity four hours better understanding
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2015

Recently my husband, sixteen year old son and I joined with Arnaud on his Cholon backstreets tour. Having only a very short window of time to spend in HCMC, this tour provided the perfect mix of a guided exposure to a side of the city which we may not typically have had the opportunity to access, with a very high standard photographic teaching and learning experience.

Although it was mainly I who had the interest in photography per se, Arnaud managed to engage and accommodate both my son and hubby in the experience to make it fun and interesting for everyone.

He has a teaching style which is technically and aesthetically of a very high standard, and was able to communicate this knowledge in such a way as to be both personally challenging (I sweated a lot!!) whilst also very encouraging. I truly felt that the experience pushed me creatively and technically, and I came away with practical skills and creative ideas about "seeing" that I would continue to carry forth on the rest of our adventures through Vietnam.

We all absolutely loved the experience and would most definitely look Arnaud up again for another round the next time we visit Vietnam.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed September 25, 2015

Arnaud is a fabulous photography teacher. He tells you exactly what you need to do with your camera to capture the best pictures and is constructively cricitial of your results. My husband and I are quite experienced photographers and I definitely learned a lot from our tours with Arnaud! We did the scoot 'n' shoot and the morning in the Chinese quarter tours.
We visited areas of Ho Chi Minh City which tourists probably wouldn't normally visit. Arnaud knows where to go to take great photographs and knows lots of the locals too. He will definitely help you know which settings to use on your camera to achieve the best street photography results and will look at the pictures you have taken to tell you how to improve them.
I am a pet photographer normally, so I think he was a little perplexed by my wanting to take pictures of the cats and dogs I saw! By the end of the tour, I think he knew why I was into pet photography too!
Thank you Arnaud for your instruction and company for the day. I love the pictures I got from the tour and there were definitely more than 1 or 2 that were keepers!

Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

This is my second photo tour/class with Vietnam Photo Adventures. I learned so much from the first class a few months ago, that this time I brought my family. Arnaud is knowledgable, patient and an excellent teacher. Spending a day seeing the city through different eyes, going to parts of the city we'd never go to otherwise and learning more about people and their stories, incredible. Plus, we all learned a lot about capturing moments, composing pictures and using our cameras. Next time, I'd love to take one of the tours of the
Mekong or other parts of Vietnam.

Reviewed August 31, 2015 via mobile

I'm a 14 year old photography hobbiest. My mom took me on a short trip to Ho Chi Minh. She was there for a business trip. So not having anything to do, I came across Mr.Foucard's website. So I emailed him asking whether a 14 year old can go alone. He didn't have any problems :) So booked for the Cholon Backstreets tour. You would think a 14 year old going alone would be unsafe, but for my case, I couldn't feel any safer and I trusted Mr.Foucard entirely! So if you are planning to come to Vietnam and your son/daughter is a photography enthusiasts, I fully recommend Mr.Foucard's tour!

2  Thank petec143
Reviewed August 31, 2015

We really enjoyed the photo tour - particularly meeting Arnaud who is a very interesting and friendly person, seeing parts of the city we may have missed otherwise, and the interactions with locals. He was very patient with us, the only shame being that our photography skills were not particularly well developed (excuse the pun); better photographers would probably get even more out of it.

1  Thank nickm643