“Excellent fresh food with lots of variety!”
Review of My Banh Mi

My Banh Mi
Ranked #137 of 5,424 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic Taste, Clean & Healthy My Banh Mi (MBM) should not be mistaken with a sidewalk street stall. We are a specialty restaurant recognized for authentic Vietnamese home cooking. A two page limited menu offers authentic Vietnamese Vegan & non- Vegan meals: Classic Noodles, Meats and Vegetarian Items. As MBM culinary bonafides, food professionals rate MBM specialties as #1 in Vietnam for both taste authenticity and quality. Ctrip (China PRC) - Food Maps (Pan Asian TV ) - Moya Moya Japan TV - TripAdvisor Over 1,100 reviews - Rurubu (Japanese Tour Guide) - Vinadaytravel (Vietnamese Tour Operator) - Tripzilla (Vietnamese Tour Operator) - Coconuts.Co (Asian Travel Advisory Service) AMBIANCE: Air-conditioned - English speaking table service. AUTHENTIC: Authentic meals imparting delicate flavors combining authentic herbs and spices. SERVING: Clean, healthy, authentic meals offering excellent value for money. Five star quality moderately priced. DINING HOURS: Last orders 8:30.
Reviewed June 30, 2016

The food at My Banh Mi was excellent, made with fresh ingredients and all super tasty. The Pork Banh Mi with creamy basil sauce was delicious - I can see why they are known for their banh mi's. I usually don't eat much greens but the Crab Claw Salad was one of the best I've ever had - so much so that I want to get the recipe and try to replicate it when I return home! Being a huge fan of beef stew, the Bo Kho was tender and juicy and is up there as a top fav. The Bun Thit Nuong (chicken with white rice noodles) was yummy. And the Sapporo beer on tap was cold and hit the spot! I'll be sure to come back to try more dishes.

1  Thank Amy T
Write a reviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

Getting through adjusting to the heat, humidity and frenetic traffic on our first day in HCMC we found this absolute gem just opposite Notre Dame cathedral. The baguettes (Banh Mi) were insanely crunchy yet soft inside and full of Viet taste!! Beer cold & wifi strong. Needed that break!

3  Thank PhilBorge
GohH76, Owner at My Banh Mi, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2016

Dear PhilBorge,
Thank you for making the time to let us know how much you enjoyed our authentic Vietnamese home cooking. Your specific mention of our food quality, taste and texture is greatly appreciated by all of us at My Banh Mi.
We are pleased to have served as an Oasis to you and your family and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in future.

Reviewed June 28, 2016

A Bobby Chin restaurant, fresh ingredients and friendly staff.
Close to central Ho Chi Minh, reasonable price and the beer is cold

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank Garbis D

Dear Garbis D,
Thank you for letting us know you appreciated your meal with us and recognized our use of the freshest of ingredients. We are pleased to read that you found both our staff friendly and the prices of our meals as reasonable.
Thank you for making time to write and share your dining experience at our restaurant with us.

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

The baguette has a thin crust outside and soft inside, make it very very easy to eat! The different type of sauces are amazing too!

2  Thank aeromaro

Dear Aero C,
Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed our authentic Vietnamese home cooking. We appreciate your recognizing our effort to consistently serve the “Best of the Best” in authentic home cooked Vietnamese food, Your recognition and appreciation of our authentic crisp baguette and our specialty house sauces is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

We ate here a couple of times it was so good! We found this place thru Trip Advisor and it lives up to its rating. The location is just great and it's easy to find, but the sandwiches were the best, great bread, meats and yummy dressings. Oh how I wish I could have one right now!

2  Thank SallyW887

Dear Sally W,
Thank you for your review and repeated visits. Your comment of “We ate here a couple of times it was so good!” is truly the greatest compliment we could receive.
We take great pride in insuring that we consistently serve the “Best of the Best” Vietnamese home cooking. For us, this starts with our demanding hygiene practices and the great care we take in the sourcing, storage and preparation of the highest quality ingredients available. In many instances such as our beef dishes (our steaks and Banh Mis), we import only the highest quality strip loins and rib eye cuts from Australia and New Zealand.
As we believe there is no substitute for quality, in order for us to serve the best, we must start with the best. As you have returned several times to dine with us, we appreciate that your palate has confirmed the taste and quality of the meals we serve.
Thank you again for your repeat dining with us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you once again in future.