“Super Inflated Price!”

Ranked #39 of 144 Nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I went to this club after being introduced to by my hotel receptionist. The locals pronounce this place as 'ah-po-ca-lypse now', so try reading it syllabus by syllabus if the taxi driver does not understand where you wish to go.

The prices of the drinks here are ridiculously expensive. Entry fee was USD 15, which includes a free drink, totally devoid of any form of alcohol. I shared a beer tower with my friend and it cost around USD 80. They do not serve water as well, and so a small bottle of water will cost you around USD 5.

Within the club, there are lots of Vietnamese hookers around, who will try to catch the eyes of any single or available man. Some rich Vietnamese are there too. Club music was mixture of pop and hip hop & r&b. Overall, probably not a good representation of the local nightlife and an expensive avenue to spend your cash.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

First facts. Yes, I'm new to trip advisor. But in no circumstances am I new to Vietnam from the visitor's point of view.

I have worked in Ho Chi Minh City for the best part of 11months and have frequented Apocalypse Now. I have not only enjoyed a night out as a partygoer, but have also played the venue as a gigging musician.

However, tonight the venue really did show its darker side. I was of a party of 6 people, who chose to situate themselves at a table on the 1st (upper) floor. All was well for about half and hour, until some 'celebrities' arrived and the staff decided that our table was to be forfeit for their evening.

Of course, an argument ensued. Celebrities have no more right than the average person, that much is clear and common sense, yet the management had the view that they had priority. A grand bottle of vodka was deposited upon our table and the staff expected us to vacate en masse as soon as possible. Strangely no reserve sign had been placed on this table, so we were baffled by this sudden request to vacate, especially considering we were in a club situation where our friends relied on knowing where we were situated within the club to find us throughout the night as a safety measure and reassurance that they could return to friends if they needed.

I hope next time the management choose to entertain guests, they allow this privilege to work in tandem with the needs of the club's standard patrons. Also, I hope that the 'celebrities' chosen to represent the club have a better sense of well-being and politeness in future.

6  Thank jonscott14
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Have been there with a friend for some drinks. It was a good place with international guests. There is an entrance fee but you can trade the coupon for a drink :-). Music was OK if you consider the Asian music style. We had a great time and thats it! Go and try yourself for a drink or two or more.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Drinks could be cheaper but are cheap compared to the UK, dancefloor one end, chilled out area the other. The local girls smile at you like you are Brad Pitt but they don't hassel you.