“Lilly does a great job ”

Tam Global Travel - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: TAM Global Travel is one of the leading tour operators for S.I.C tours to major destinations in Vietnam. Everyday, we offer "Best Price - High Quality" trips for tourists to the most famous attractions in Vietnam and other countries, such as: Cu Chi tunnels, the Mekong delta area, the DMZ tour in Hue, Ha Long bay cruises and Sa Pa, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand ...etc!
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

This lady works extremely hard to offer some good quality trips. They may not be the cheapest but she offers high quality rather than a 15 seater minibus with standing room only. She has a very good knowledge of the English language and is there to help from early in the morning till late in the evening

All reviews
"weasel coffee"
in 7 reviews
"command of the english language"
"cu chi tunnels"
"driver"
"hcmc"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed January 21, 2018

I have traveled to numerous countries and I have always steered clear of the tour desk at the hotels. Because I was traveling with my father and he felt more comfortable seeing the sights this way, I followed his lead. I am so glad we did.
Tam Global travel is located in the lobby of the Duc Voung Hotel on Bui Vien St. We were staying there for numerous nights and over and over Lilly assisted us. She is deeply committed to making sure her clients have the best possible time. She not only provided us excellent tours but helped with check in for our outbound flight, and also a flight we took to Ha Noi. She gave excellent suggestions of where to find things we were looking for. When we returned every afternoon she was there to make sure we had a great time in our adventures. When she was not there, her husband was. He too was committed to making sure we got the most from our adventures.
We booked a trip to see the Mekong Delta. We wanted a little more than a driver, we wanted a guide we could interact with too. We got both. Our driver was Mihn. After an hour we were calling him Uncle Mihn. He was an excellent driver. The roads rules are very different in Vietnam. Many are freaked out by how people drive. Uncle Mihn was confident and got us from point A to point B extremely efficiently. He spoke very little english but made up for it in his warmth and tremendous smile. Our guides name was Vi (Vee). I want you to ask for him specifically. Vi pronounced Vee. Vi was awesome, his english was very good too. He took great care of us in everything he did. These tours have a set route and agenda, but anything we were curious about he diverted to fill the curiosity. His number one goal was to make sure we got the most from the things he was showing us. His number two goal was to learn as much from us as he could. We went with the home stay option on our tour. Uncle Mihn and Vi stayed with us at the home and understood that we did not want the normal client- customer barrier after hours. This became very enriching for us. Everything we did on the Mekong tour was fun and exciting. We got exclusive treatment without feeling like privileged snobs. Honestly, we didn't want to say good bye to Uncle Mihn and Vi at the end of the tour.
So, father booked the dynamic duo for the next day to see the Cao Dia temple in Trang Bang and Nui Ba Den (Black Widow Mountain). We could have seen the Cu Chi Tunnels but my father had no desire to relive the war and we intentionally passed on that part. This tour was deeply moving for me personally. The temple on Nui Ba Den reached right into my heart. I was deeply effected by the place. Hint; bring offerings. A sack of rice is my suggestion. Everything is given back to the poor.
Lilly arranged ground transport for us also. To and from the Airport was utilized.
As everyone knows using a travel agent has a cost. I used to think it not worth while. Tam Global changed that for me. They earned every single dong we paid. i cannot recommend them more. If you are a European backpack traveler who finds sport in getting things as cheap as possible, please do not use this agency. Take that crap down the road to the corner place with all flashy signs and massage in the back. This is a place for the travel who cares about the total experience. I implore you to ask for Vi and Uncle Mihn specifically. You will be so pleased with the adventure they will take you on. The rating system here goes to 5. I give this place a SOLID ELEVEN!

I am already planning a return for next year. I will be using Tam Global again upon my return. If you want, please check out my time in Vietnam at franksworld.blog You can see many pictures from the trips Tam took us on there.

1  Thank frankyensan
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

We booked day trips through Tam Travel and were delighted by the quality. Lilly runs the office at the Duc Vuong hotel in Saigon. She is very knowledgeable and tries very hard to provide quality service. We used Vi (pronounced as vee) as our English speaking guide for three full days of tours. Along with his driver "uncle" Minh, they knew extensively about the areas we saw. They were both quite personable and fun to be with. Lilly was also available to answer questions and offer advice to make our visit all that it should be. I would highly recommend Tam Travel for any visit anywhere in Vietnam.

1  Thank David Y
Reviewed November 25, 2017

An interesting day out mostly to try and sell you local products as with most tourist type trips
A Vietnamese banquet was included in the price but we agreed to sample “other barbecue meats” which turned out to be extra cost
We didn’t really mind the money, but in a country where there’s poverty all around. We felt bad having enough food for about 10-12 people getting wasted on a couple
The broken down landing docks of which we had to use many of to get on and off each stage of out trip. Were very scary for my wife. Slippery ,crumbling into the water listing badly with subsidence and not a hand rail in sight
However the people are all lovely and all seem so happy to have you in there country
We seemed to do an awful lot of tipping though.
On our return journey to hotel the driver decided it was a good time to have a new spare tyre replaced as we sat in the bus
His routine maintenance stop wasn’t really what we wanted to spend our short holiday doing (the drive was already 2hrs each way)
When we tipped the final boat lady we had 200000 vtd about £8 left
I said that will do for the guide and driver
He clearly overheard because he looked pretty disappointed. Then shortly after offered to take us to an ATM (we declined)
When I gave him the tip back at hotel he was clearly hoping for more as he stared at the notes in his hand...
Overall the trip was ok but not in a rush to return to Vietnam

1  Thank flyingscotsman555