“Small but nice hotel with friendly staffs”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue River Hotel

Blue River Hotel
Ranked #110 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
jakarta
“Small but nice hotel with friendly staffs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my wife during Christmas holiday in 2013, the hotel provided airport pickup service at a relatively affordable cost (can't remember exactly how much, though it is a bit more than cost of taxi ride, but since it was our first trip to Ho Chi Minh City, I considered it worthwhile).
The room was value for money, it was clean, air conditioned, with hot/cold water shower, although we got a room in the 5th floor (stairway only, no elevator -- don't worry they have someone to bring our luggage to our room) Breakfast was also provided, although of limited variety.
The hotel staffs were friendly and in our experience, they showed genuine concern for our safety (for instance frequently remind us to watch our smartphones whenever we go out, and gave us tip on brand of taxi to choose).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank arga0891

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ko Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, rooms were spacious and clean. The aircon was turned off a few times and we had to call down to have it switched on. They turned it off in the night sometimes which made it very uncomfortable to sleep. We did laundry there which was twice the price of anywhere else in Vietnam. The breakfast was limited with just western food which was a shame as vietnamese breakfast is yummy. Overall a nice hotel right in town.

• Stayed June 2014
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

It is located in the backpackers area, close to restaurants. Walking distance to Beer Street and Benh Than Market. They have nice beds, clean sheets and they change your towels every day.
They offer free breakfast although it is usually - omelet, bread and coffee. Their version of pancake is crepe, kind of hard pancake.

Cons: no exhaust fan inside the comfort room, no elevators - difficult for those who have big luggages. The staff will not help you bring it, they have very few staff on every shift.

But they are friendly and nice.

Room Tip: If you have big luggages, with elderly or small children, maybe you can ask for the lower floor room...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had a short stay here from June 1-3, 2014. It was a very pleasant stay, though.

The value was great and in a superb location – right in the tourist district. We were a bit put off on where the hotel was. We had just come off a long long bus ride and it was already dark out. Sub streets! Don't let those scammy taxis offer to drive you there, as it's located in narrow street that only allows motorbikes.

After having seen a few hotels in SE Asia, the decor was lovely. I booked 2 rooms: a standard double and a superior triple. Both rooms had working A/C and warm water for showers. Everything we needed was there.

The front staff were really nice and helpful. They helped us book some plane tickets. They offer complimentary breakfast which was simple and filling. There's lots of shops near by if you'd rather feed yourself, too. Burger King was our landmark.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jennyonvacation
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We just spent 3 nights and enjoyed the basic amenities of this budget hotel -- a frig; clean bathroom, sheets and room; very helpful staff; working AC (a bit on the weak side, however); and a tasty breakfast of eggs or pancakes.
First time visitors to Vietnam, the hotel's driver picked us up at the airport in the middle of the night for around $17 (Contact them via phone -- 84 83837 6483 --or email with your flight numbers) It is centrally located, close to some great restaurants and to the Vietnamese Traditional Massage Institute where we received an extraordinary hour massage from the HCMC Association for the Blind for around $3. The hotel is situated in a quiet alley that proved to be an oasis from the hyper noise of motorbikes and cars!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed two nights with our son, on a layover enroute yo Manila. It is right smack in the middle of the backpackers area so its a busy area. Friendly employees with warm hospitality and a decent breakfast, you get your moneys worth. The aircon in our room barely gave out cold air though, the only downside of staying here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I visited the room before deciding to stay and it looked like any another low budget hotel. Once I booked, I was told the water for the shower lasted 3min (up to 5min if I was lucky). I saw some long black hair on the bedsheets. This is all I can say about the bed as I didn't get the chance to sleep in... I was told at reception that I should leave my room key if I went out (probably so they monitor more easily who is in or not) and that s what I did. Like in other similar hotel, they said the hotel door should be open till midnight and after that I d have to ring the bell for someone to come and open. BUT when I came back at 11.50pm the door was closed and when I rang the bell for 10min, nobody came!!! I had to sleep in another hotel! When I came back the next morning telling the owner it was unacceptable and saying I didn't want to pay for a room I had not used, she screamed, called me a liar and said I was making excuses not to pay the room fee. She then showed me a video camera recording of the door that could just have been any other night. After half an hour of arguments, I paid this angry women promising her to leave my feedback about her ugly temper and service...

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo