“Should be Number 1”

Ranked #107 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Hanoi
“Should be Number 1”
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Excellent location, great staff, like I said should be number 1. Thuy and Thuy made our stay in Ho Chi Min an unforgettable experience booking all our transport requirements for us and taking care of everything we needed whilst in town. They also charged us 18000 dong to the dollar, but got us 18000 dong for our Australia dollar (thats 1500 dong more than the bank) when we converted our currency. After paying the bill we were still way in front. This Hotel is a must..!!!

• Liked — Staff and Rooms
  • Disliked — I had to leave
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blonk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ha noi
Reviewed July 28, 2008

i just arrived at blue river hotel ,at the first it seem to be ok but i stayed there i and lost 1 camera and all my cash .when i ask the owner of this hotel they just say we don't responsible for anything you loose , it is the worst hotel and ever stayed .

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank anhdeptrai
Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Have just returned from Vietnam and whilst in Ho Chi Minh City I stayed at the Blue River Hotel. I was travelling on my own (50ish age group) and a little nervous, but once I arrived at this hotel I felt totally relaxed and safe. Thay and the staff could not do enough for you. They recommended places for me to shop, booked my internal flight to Hoi An, kept my luggage for me whilst I visited Hoi An, booked day excursions for me and were always keen to hear about your days adventures. I had booked a pickup service through them before leaving Australia and the taxi driver was waiting for me. On my return to HCMC after staying in Hoi An I stayed one more night at the Blue River before returning to AUS. Once again no problems with taxi pickup. The breakfast consisted of egg, sausage, bread roll, banana, juice and a coffee. Plenty to start the day with. The hotel was in a small laneway off Pham Ngao La (not sure of the spelling) Street which was a blessing when you wanted to sleep in - blocked out some of the noisy motorbikes. Takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to Ben Thanh Markets, with lots of interesting shops on the way, and lots of great restaurants close by. After speaking to other tourists who were paying more than twice the Blue River's cost ( AUS$20 per night) and not receiving the personal attention I did, I am sure if they return to Vietnam they will most certainly be trying the Blue River. Thanks once again to Thay and the staff for making me feel welcome. I will definitely travel to Vietnam again and would have no hesitation in staying at the Blue River Hotel.

• Liked — Clean rooms, with shower, window (even though you looked onto a brick wall)location quieter than in the main part of HCM, family run hotel so personal service
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
4 Thank DeeDeeAustralia
singapore
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Blue River is an absolutely brilliant place to stay at the price offered! And the 2 ladies (sisters?) who run it are so helpful, polite and friendly - our stay there was just perfect! Super clean and tidy. Really, one cannot fault the hotel/ guest house.

What it is not: Fancy, like a hotel or anything luxurious.

What it is: Super economical, very clean and tidy (both room and attached bathroom) and a very basic, comfortable place. Ideal for those who want a simple and clean place.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — smallness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tarujain
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Wonderful…that’s all my comments for this budget hotel. I and my friend have just stayed there for 3 days but we were treated like a King. They are so nice and lovely, they helped us everything even carrying luggages or fixing the lights although they are ladies. The room is very clear and comfortable, breakfast is very nice and other services are perfect. Can’t complaint anything even smallest one.

I highly recommend to all of you even you are a couple or older because you will be treated as family members even sweeter when you stay in Blue River Hotel by most lovely and beautiful ladies.

• Stayed July 2008
2 Thank kdtt3
Hoi An Vietnam
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I've been a regular at the Blue River for 3 years now. I am an Australian living in Hoi An and I regularly stay at the Blue River when I visit Saigon.

The hotel is in a charming narrow lane in the tourist area of District 1. The advantage of the location is that you don't get much traffic noise- motor bike engines & horns which are a 24 hour annoyance in HCM. The hotel is 2 minutes from the restaurants, bars and tour ticket offices in Pham Ngu Lao and De Tham sts. It's also only a 10 minute stroll to the Ben Thanh market and nightly street restaurants.

I have always found the hotel to be immaculately clean, the beds and cotton bedding are comfy. I've enjoyed the free internet and the light breakfast included in the room price.

I have always found the staff to be friendly, courteous and helpful. There are many budget priced hotels in HCM - but the Blue River is one of the cleanest I've ever stayed in and that's why I am a regular guest and I recommend the hotel to all my friends and relatives visiting Vietnam.

Aussie Phil in Hoi An, Vietnam

• Liked — The cleanliness and the applicances are new-ish.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Aussie_in_Vietnam
Hanoi
Reviewed July 19, 2008

This hotel should be considered as a guest house and it is quite small. Although it is located in a tourist place near Open Tours and TNK travel but it is in a small lane. The room rates are quite expensive. The staff is fine but not so friendly. With the same price, you can stay at other surrounding hotels which look better and more comfortable.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled solo