TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
SIMPLY THE BEST

Totally top team. Helpful and reliable every step of the way. Great knowledge and very flexible... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
myyscreenname
Auckland Central, New Zealand
2 day guided tour

excellent guide two days around HCMC she is keen friendly and 5 star good English you need a... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Paul A

Recommended experiences in and around Ho Chi Minh City
from $18.00
from $56.99
from $8.00
from $24.99
More Info
All reviews foodie tour city tour private tour day tour rickshaw ride mekong delta cruise ship cu chi tunnels highly recommend this company pho local market perfect guide snails rice paper food tour fruit fantastic tour
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

We had a great half day trip to the Cu Chi tunnels with Andy. We found Andy to be very pleasant, knowledgeable and shared with us the right level of detail re the tunnels. Going by private tour also meant we missed a lot of the crowds and returned to HCM with time to enjoy some Pho for lunch at a local restaurant - one which we would not have found or ventured into on our own. Would recommend this trip.

Reviewed May 28, 2019

Being a trusted Trip Advisor loyalist I found Xin Chao Private tours to be highly rated. So, I thought, why not. Believe me, no regrets from the very beginning. All of the communications from the start were professional and clear. The suggestions provided were perfect. We felt we would be in good hands. Emails from Jasmine and Hazel had us excited and looking forward to a great trip.

Upon our arrival we were picked up at SGN airport and driven to our hotel by a very capable and safe driver, Mr. Hai. My wife and I decided to stay at the Le Meridien hotel being Marriott Property Bonvoy members. A great hotel in a great location.

Our tour guide, Hao (Andy) Tran is the best. Young, energetic, professional, knowledgable, funny and simply a joy to be with made the difference. Our tour consisted of a driving tour, rickshaw, and walking through Chinatown and other markets in HCMC (Saigon). We also took a trip out to the Mekong Delta taking car, boats, sampan, motorized rickshaw and walking. We toured pagodas, local markets, coconut factory, charcoal factory, brickery and great small off the hidden path restaurants. Everything was a hit. We then traveled to Can Tho for the night, ate fantastic Hot Pot meals and then toured the floating market in the morning. Another great day.

I highly recommend XC Private Vietnam tours!!!!!

Reviewed May 27, 2019

We loved this tour with Sky. In fact, I think this was the best tour we did in our 2 weeks in Vietnam. His love for his country and knowledge really made this tour stand out. Sky showed us parts of this city that we would not have otherwise seen by ourselves nor would have learned about Vietnamese culture. He was also able to find our last minute shopping needs for us before dropping us off at the airport to catch our flight home. Highly recommend this tour

Reviewed May 27, 2019

I travel solo, with the goal of leaving the tourist trail behind much of the time. With Jasmine's help at Xin Chao Tours, and the help of Xin Chao's amazing, amazingly-friendly, and equally adventurous guides - "off the beaten path" is easily possible!

I had the good fortune to find Xin Chao tours online, and ended up taking two amazing tours in HCM, as well as two more in Hoi An, as part of a 3 1/2 week return trip to Vietnam in April and May.

In HCM, my Xin Chao guide was Thien (aka Sky). My custom requests combined elements of Xin Chao's advertised tours, with visits to narrow and super-narrow alleyway neighborhoods in various districts that I had stumbled upon descriptions of, and addresses for, online. I provided the alleyway neighborhood information I had to Jasmine, and she dispatched Sky to me, to see what sorts of "getting lost" in these mazes of alleyways Sky and I could come up with.

Although Sky was already a little familiar with at least some of these neighborhoods, when we actually discovered how super-narrow and fascinating some of these alleys become, he said he was planning on suggesting them as regular tour options.

We also toured the Nighttime Food-Street neighborhood of Xom Chieu (check my spelling) in District-4, where westerners like myself are still a novelty, as well as other stops, planned and spontaneous, including early-morning partner-dancing with locals at a public park. So much fun and so many opportunities to meet friendly people.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed May 20, 2019

We spent the day with Phoung, who was amazing with any question we had for her. Her knowledge of the history and culture of Vietnam was great. We went on the day trip to the less touristy area of Tan Thanh. This area is so beautiful and we never saw another tourist all day. I would highly recommend Xin Chao Private tours and that you take the Tan Thanh tour.