“helpful staff, good location near Ben Tanh market”

Hoang Gia Huy Hotel
Ranked #307 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
kota kinabalu
“helpful staff, good location near Ben Tanh market”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

clean, simple and basic
helpful staff, helped us whenever we need anything
Ben Tanh Market just a step away
24 hours shop ( to buy mineral water, biscuits etc ) just in front the hotel

Room Tip: higher floor for wifi coverage
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank eina30

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
South Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Location near Ben Thanh markets is ideal. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are average but clean enough. Breakfast is nothing special but it is OK and there are plenty of places nearby to eat! Overall, an average cheap hotel in a great location; if you only really want a half-decent place to crash at night after a day exploring the nearby sights, i would recommend this place.

Room Tip: There is only one elevator so you can wait a while; if walking up stairs is an issue, request a room...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank virgo05
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This hotel is about what can expect from a 2-3 star place. My room on the 12th (top) floor was very clean and recently renovated so the bathroom had a nice shower with massage shower head but the water pressure was a little low. Still no complaints there. My wifi always worked, fast in the early am but slower at night when I think it was more used. I think this will vary according to floor. I noticed the 12th floor had a wifi transmitter or whatever it's called on the hallway wall but not all floors did. The staff was very friendly and stored my bags the last day even though I wasn't staying there that night but catching the night train. The location is also very strategic as others have pointed out. Close to the market and walking distance of the main sites. Lots of restaurants in the area. My main complaint was the breakfast area. The b-fast itself was nothing to write home about and I'd have preferred a tastier meal at one of the places on the streets but the b-fast came with the room so I thought I'd save and eat at the hotel. Greasy spring rolls, over fried chicken, vienna sausage, fruit, rice porridge, hard boiled eggs. There was an egg station but it was hit or miss if anyone was working it. The dining area is really small and for the three days I was there I never found a place to sit when I came down at 730 so I'd have to wait around til something opened. All in all I was glad I stayed here but on my way back through HCMC I splurged and got a night at the Majestic for the historical experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Straitgate
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This is mine and is not shared across the dozen in our group.
This was the first hotel of our trip and I expected far worse having traveled extensively through southern Asia.
Staff seemed eager & hotel clean and tidy.
Some light fitting seemed to be optional
Breakfast area was crowded with relatively small attendance.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My family and I just returned from our holiday in Ho chi Minh @ Saigon. We stayed at this hotel for 3 nites. The hotel location is very strategic as it is very close (2 min walk) to Bien Thanh market during day time. At night you can enjoy the night market. as always in vietnam do bargain for anything u intend to purchase. For muslims, a halal restaurant (VN Halal rest) is about 3 min walk.

The room isfairly iclean and very basic however not well lighted. The maintenance eg toilet ceiling - leaked. There's only one lift to cater all 11 floors for guests.

Overall the hotel deserves a 3 star due to it's excellent location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ija93
Chino Hills
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Tonight, I stayed at this hotel. The room was normal, the internet was very slowly but the staff were friendly. I think it's correct with " you get what you pay"

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Windsor, ON
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights on February 25-26 which was booked by our tour company. The first room (603) we got was dirty anad had a lot of black mold in the shower. There was also a large gap under the dirty shower which we though was suspicious. Later the next day we saw a cockroach emerge from under the shower. What I did next was obviously a mistake - I sprayed under the shower with insect killer and the roaches did not like that, they came out in waves. Probably 10-12 - yuk!

We told the front desk and they changes rooms without any questions. The second room (904) was a lot cleaner and bigger and even had a window.

I'd be cautious of this hotel. Good location being near the market but that is it.

• Stayed February 2011