“Impressed”

Ranked #185 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Talca, Chile
“Impressed”
Reviewed November 26, 2009

This hotel was recommended and booked for me by my Vietnamese customer. I did not know this hotel belongs to the Military. Even though the hotel is basic I really appreciated the courteous service, quiet atmosphere, fast cable internet in my room, cleanliness and very nice buffet breakfast and restaurant. I've been there twice now and even though it does not have upscale amenities, it is just right.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank chilewine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
texas
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I stayed in a basic room of a wing that was being remodeled. My room was nice but basic, and well worth the $35.00 rate I paid. The room had a small refrigerator stocked with drinks and food. There was wired DSL in the room and it worked well. I was impressed to have internet in such a inexpensive room. The bathroom was very good. The restaurant was excellant with a very large free Vietnamese buffet each morning.

There was some construction noise during the day at the hotel. They were in the middle of a big renovation.

It is a government hotel, and I believe that is why they are pretty rigid about having guests in your room. If you want to experience Viet Nam, then I recommend this hotel. If you think you must eat western food or you will die, then you better stay in Dist 1.

I like the hotel and will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank ictsoftail
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed May 30, 2009

As per previous reviewers, we chose this hotel for convenience as an overnight stop between flights. Unfortunately, our room was right in front in the main building and the noise from the street ALL night was unbelievable.

Otherwise, convenience to the airport was excellent and the room was large, well equipped and clean. Very firm (almost hard) beds though. Room had tiled floor, nice hand-carved furniture, TV, writing desk, wardrobe & minibar. The buffet breakfast in the morning was a large variety of both Asian & Western choices. Service was cordial and polite.

We recommend this hotel, only if you can get a room away from the front.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank L&M_from_Oz
Norway
Reviewed January 28, 2009

My fiancee and me had booked a delux room from 27th december 2008 to 3th january 2009. The hotel had confirmed our booking.
Unfortunately my aircraft with China Southern was delayed from Bejing, so I got stocked 24 hours in China. That did we arrived 24 hours late to the hotel. When we arrived I told them I was sorry, and that I of course would pay for the day we did not use the room. But they told me they had given my room to someone else since I did not arrived at time.
I showed them the confirmed paper from the hotel, and that they had my phone number, my pay guarantee and that the rules say if I not showed up, I had to pay for the room anyway.
Then they asked me if I was married to my fiancee, wich I was not until 14 days later. Then he told me she would not be welcome to stay together with me in my room since we was not married yet.
I asked if he always ask couples if they was married, but he would not answer me.
I did not get my room at all, so I found another hotel.
I have been travelling a lot all over the world, but this way to treat a custumer is realy bad.
I do not recomand this hotel at all.
Rolf and his wife.

Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hope

Travelers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2009

I picked the Tan Son Nhat hotel due to it's proximity to the airport, as I arrived late in HCMC and was booked to fly to the North the next morning. Being only a 10 min drive from the airport, it met this need hands down. I had booked a superior room for USD $45 a night, and was impressed. Thye room was large, beds comfortable and the bathroom clean and roomy. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

I can't say anything about the location, as I only took a quick stroll down the street before breakfast, and didn't spend any other time in the area.

Breakfast was excellent - a huge selection of hot and cold, traditional and western dishes. I didn't try the hotel restaurant, but popped in to get a couple of take away beers after I'd checked in, and the food presentation and servivce looked good - certainly no complaints from the many people having dinner there.

There are a couple of internet terminals in a room off the foyer - free to use and fast connection.

• Liked — Appearance and breakfast
  • Disliked — no dislikes
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Davoanth
Ottawa
Reviewed August 14, 2008

My husband and I chose this hotel because it was close to the airport (under US$3 taxi ride) and we were arriving by plane in HCMC at night and going back to the airport the next morning. The lobby is gorgeous, the rooms are large but basic (US$40). Pretty clean, however there was a big enough spot on the ceiling in our room that looked like mold from a old leak (is that healthy?). Great large and varied breakfast buffet in the fancy restaurant. I'd recommend it if you want a place close to the airport.

• Liked — Close to airport
  • Disliked — Style and cleanliness of room.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bizoubazinski
Singapore
Reviewed August 3, 2008

I am on a business trip and stayed there for 4 days. The reason for selecting this hotel is that it is near to my workplace. The first impression of this hotel is that it is a big hotel longitudinally and has a pleasant exterior facade. I've booked a standard room through a friend over in vietnam and was given a room in Wing C first level facing the main road. The room is simple but neat and clean, likewise for the bathroom with all the basic facilities there. There are cable tv network available with all the channels to choose from and most importantly, there is a free ADSL in my room of good connection as compared to my previous stay in other 3 star hotel where the wireless internet connection is very bad. Also I find that the reception staffs and the security are friendly and helpful. I find the hotel is safe as there are always security on patrol during the day as well as at night. In addition, the hotel is in walking distance to Big 'C' supermarket and Highland Coffee. The only small setback is that there is no complimentary water in the room and the breakfast is about the same during my 4 days stay there. But I find that is still OK for me. Overall, I had a pleasant stay in Tan Son Nhat Hotel and the next time when I am in HCMC, I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TL001