“Best way to eat in Ho Chi Minh City” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saigon Local Motion

Saigon Local Motion
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join us to experience Saigon in the most exciting way! Come flow with the "organized chaos" safely on the back of our bikes. Enjoy the delicious food along the way and entertaining stories told by our English speaking guides, as well as unique interactions with locals you will meet along the way
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best way to eat in Ho Chi Minh City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

What a fabulous way to see (& taste!) the best of Saigon. Mai and her friends do a great job! We recommend a tour to anyone visiting or living here.

Our group consisted of 8 people (four couples, including two vegetarians). Mai communicated with us about our preferences before the tour, and mapped out a plan that made both the meat-eaters and the vegetarians full and happy. Many of us were iffy about riding on motorbikes, (neither my wife nor I had ever ridden on one before), the tour guides/drivers made us feel confident and safe - even in Ho Chi Minh City's frenetic traffic. The guides spoke very good English, and were informative and funny.

Although we live in Ho Chi Minh City, Mai was able to show us corners of the city we never would have discovered otherwise. I felt secure in her food choices, even when we were sitting on a square of linoleum in a park eating papaya salad from a food cart (my personal favorite of the night, although there was plenty of tough competition).

You can read a more detailed write up of our adventures, complete with plenty of pictures, on our blog:

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Warren S

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun and Yum!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I have been on three tours with Mai and her friends and have thoroughly enjoyed each one. Mai considers what foods you eat, how experimental you wish to be, and the experience you are looking for (sight-seeing vs. food-focused). Her colleagues are heaps of fun themselves and impart local knowledge in a relaxed manner. Each trip has been different, and we have been able to see parts of the city we have not before, and experience culinary gems along the way. Not to mention the music at the coffee shop during the last tour! Wow. Thank you, Mai! We look forward to touring with you again soon!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Stephanie K
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Fresh & Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Thanks Mai & team....Doing a motorbike food tour with guests coming to The Ho is always a must. Have been on a number of these....and Saigon Local Motion is a great choice. Small groups, relaxed atmosphere and thoughtful eating choices. Finishing at a local coffee house, with local performers, a great way to finish the evening. Mai & her team give you a truly local experience and an evening of very interesting dialogue with Vietnam's generation X.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Eileen7963
Langkawi, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Authentic Saigon Street Food Tour by motorbike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Mai and her colleagues picked us up from our apartment , and I was a little unsure how I would feel ( I am a grandmother ) being transported through the traffic chaos of HCMC at night on the back of a bike. I am pleased to report that I LOVED every minute and felt totally safe . The experience was one of the best in many years of exploring many countries. We had 5 stops, at local food stalls , street cafés and the last was a quirky coffee house tucked away down a lane where we enjoyed great Vietnamese coffee and live ,solo singers .Thank you Mai and your team for a very individual and special night out

Visited May 2014
3 Thank lyn70
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A taste of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Mai took my wife and I for a street-food-lover tour, and we got to experience the exhilaration of riding scooters in the busy streets of Ho Chi Minh City (though Mai and Bomb are good and cautious drivers), amazing food and drinks from hole in the wall, or nice hidden perls. The food was amazing and unexpected, whether for the location, the food or both. From sea food to amazing sandwiches, avocado smoothie to mango salad, and without forgetting the mandatory Durian experience, I feel that without Mai's tour of HCMC, our visit of Vietnam wouldn't have been complete!

Visited February 2014