“Cheap, great location and clean what more can you ask for.”
Review of Happy Inn 1

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Happy Inn 1
Ranked #325 of 959 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2012

No its not 4 star but it is a pleasant hotel at a good price right in the heart of the back packer strip. The rooms are small but cheap and clean and the lift, AC and fridge all work. Ms Thi is just delightful. The hotel doesn’t do breakfast so you don’t have to eat bad eggs and bread just because you paid for it. Instead you can go across the road to Stella and have a real coffee and great breakfast while reading an international newspaper and watching Saigon go by.

Room Tip: . Ask for a room at the back (without the balcony) as they are much quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mikaro3

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Excellent for the money. Don't expect a pool, sauna, or breakfast, but there is aircon and a TV in every room. Plus very attentive staff and spanking clean rooms. It's right in the heart of tourist town, and it's within easy reach of the city centre and Bến Thanh market for cheap souvenirs and great food. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank dausua
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Very nice woman running the place, very helpful when we needed any advice. Hotel seemed very secure, It had a lift which many small hotels do not have. Location couldn't be better, wifi worked good, AC was cold. She stored our luggage for us free of charge when we did a overnight tour of Mekong Delta.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This hotel is at 187 Bui Vien St in Saigon, right in the centre of the entertainment area. Lot's of bars and restaurants at your doorstep.
Very clean rooms serviced daily and run by very friendly and helpful people, an absolute bargain at $25 night Stayed here 4 times now and will be back

Room Tip: Some street noise but that's the Saigon experience
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed May 3, 2011

There are actually 2 Happy Inns here in Saigon. I have only stayed at the Happy Inn at 178 Bui Vien but I know that the two hotels are connected. Both are on the business card. This is my second trip to south Vietnam and both times I have stayed here at the Happy Inn. It is in a great location; the management is friendly and helpful, although not everyone has a good command of English. The sheets are clean (and there IS a top sheet... which as you may know is not always the case in this part of the world) and the water is hot. I have stayed in several different rooms as I use the Happy Inn as my connection when travelling in and out of the city. The best are those with the number 1, e.g. 21. 31. 41, etc. I will DEFINITELY come back here! As well, she will arrange a taxi to pick you up at the airport and it should only cost between $10 and $15 US. It is easy to get scammed by the local taxis, paying more than $30 for the same trip.

Room Tip: It's simple; look at several rooms first.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Happy Hotel was my highlight in Ho Chi Minh City. I arrived there hot and exhausted because a cab driver failed to reach my destination. I was happy to relax in Happy Inn’s well air-conditioned, well dusted, and tidy room. The fresh air was strongly welcomed in contrast to the stifling air outside. The backside view from my fourth floor over a mix of shacks reminded me that there was nothing about this room to complain about. The staff was helpful in getting a cab to the airport. Location has good nearby places to eat, and the immediate street is a mix of both locals and tourists.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2011

My friend and I stayed here one night during our trip (it was the last leg) and we wanted somewhere central with a balcony. The area was VERY backpacker oriented, but there is great shopping and really good pho just down the street. I would say though, that if you aren't young, you probably won't love the area. Because it was in an area with a lot of nightlife and bars, it was pretty loud, but it didn't bother us (we had a lot of beer) :) The front desk woman was incredibly friendly and helpful and the balcony off our room (I think the only room with a balcony, on the top floor) was HUGE. The room was pretty big also.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends