“We liked it so much we stay twice”
Review of Elios Hotel

Elios Hotel
Ranked #75 of 472 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I liked Elios Hotel. We stayed in Jan 2011 for a week then for another week in Jan 2013. Prices are reasonable. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooftop resturaunt serves good breakfasts, dinners and drinks and the outdoor balcony is lovely to sit at in the evening watching the Saigon traffic going home and the night time lights coming on. What I also liked about this hotel is how the outside staff are so helpful with flagging down taxis for us and watching for guests returning from activities so that they can help us across the busy streets. While tourists do learn to cross the streets, it is very nice to have someone there to help. If I'm in Saigon again one day, I would choose Elios again.

Room Tip: For this week, I went budget and chose a room without a window. I wasn't in the room much but I...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Convinient location in HCM city if you love to walk, but not the center. 15mins walk to the main cozy hi-lights and shopping and the famous Ben Thanh Market and 4-2000 where president Bill Clinton ate those yummy noodles. Its generally the area for back packers loaded with full of nice cheap foods ,drinks and everything.
Rooms are clean and the breakfast was full of yummies, just facing the main street so easy to spot. Many tourists and tourism companies nearby, so you'll won't get wrong.
Stayed in 2 types of rooms due to hotel miss, but not too much to argue as they changed me on the second night .

Room Tip: Don't take the rooms beneth the breakfast floor, you'll wake up at 05:00 with the noise and...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MZTK
Reviewed February 27, 2013

On arrival my wife and I were put in a standard room. It was far too small and places to store clothes etc was inadequate. After first night we were moved to a superior room which was ideal! If you are a couple you must book a superior room-standard room is fine for one person only!! Very helpful staff. Fantastic views from the Blue Sky restaurant with a wonderful viewing area over Saigon. Free wifi in all areas of hotel. This hotel is so central you can walk two minutes and have a wide range of restaurants, bars and shops. You are only 7 minutes walk away from the fabulous Ben Tranh Market which is ideal for all your tourist shopping. My wife says, if you look properly, you can find the best quality copies of designer bags in all of Asia here! Bargaining is a must but is fun!! Saigon is a wonderfuyl vibrant city and if we go back we will stay at the Elios, but remember-must be a superior room!!!!

Room Tip: Do not accept a standard room- anything else is perfect!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brendan C
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My Friend and I recently stayed at the Elios Hotel, on arrival we were greeted cheerfully by the staff on front desk, who were so professional at their job, we were given a lovely cold fruit juice which was much appreciated, we were booked in and shown to our room in no time, our room was lovely on the 4th floor, and the beds were comfortable, we stayed there 5 nights, and on our arrival back from Cambodia we stayed another 2 night, the staff remembered us, and we were given a larger room,on the 6th floor at a discount price, included in our room price was breakfast which was asian & western food, there was a good variety to choose from, it was served on the 11 floor, with a view over the city. The hotel is in a great position close to everything, lots of restaurants, bars, sight seeing, market, I can recommend this hotel.

1  Thank stampy205
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 4 nights in early Feb 2013.

I am pretty convinced that money was stolen from the safe and I reported this to the management AFTER I left the hotel.
According to them it is not possible that money can go missing from the safe.
So it is my word against theirs
If any one else has had the same issue it would be interesting to know about it

They were supposed to send airport transport for 4 passengers with the normal baggage one would expect. They charged $35 for this and messed up the management of the transfer. They sent a small car and later on hired us another taxi and we had to come to the hotel in separate cars.
It was not fair of them to charge such a fee when the same can be achieved for $8.
I also complained about this but no refund was offered

The reception staff are so unfriendly – no smiles - no proper welcome – no proactive offer of any help.

We were promised two rooms next to each other - but were given rooms on different floors!

The reception area is nice , bright and clean but the sofas are now dirty and need a change.

The bedrooms are small and cramped and the bathrooms need a complete revamp – mould on the bathroom curtains !

The room service was pretty efficient – ordered some water several times and got it within minutes.
Breakfast is so so – just about average.

Air con stopped working but was repaired promptly when complained about it – but to me it looked like a set up job as a TIP was expected !!!!!

I would not stay here again nor would I recommend it to any one.

And I am sure that the money was stolen from the safe !

Room Tip: "dont bother "
1  Thank MyTrip2India
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This place is quite central to the main business district. It is clean and has all the amenities you need. The staff weren't that friendly though.

The breakfast is a highlight, nice spread and on the rooftop with a fantastic view of HCM. I've stayed there 3 times now ( part of a tour group) but i'm sure for the price you can get nicer places in the city.

No extra pillows in room which was annoying too.

1  Thank tomwatson84
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We've stayed at the Elios on each ot the four times we've been through Saigon. It's handy for the bars and restaurants in the De Tham backpacker area, especially those in Chua An Lac (an area we love), but a bit more expensive than the really cheap hotels. Staff are unfailingly polite and efficient. Breakfasts are usually good and varied. The 12th floor restaurant boasts a balcony you can sit on if the weather is not to hot and view the Saigon skyline. We've had three of the superior rooms with windows (usually in the area next to the lifts and stairwells) and one cheaper one that was a bit gloomy for its lack of a window or natural light. The only problem we had with a room was a superior on the 11th floor. Being right next to the stairs and under the restuarant we were constantly being woken up by noisy guests on their way or from breakfast or supper. We asked to be moved without fuss. The only downside to travelling to Saigon was getting caught by a taxi scam at the airport. Elios used to arrange a pick up but I gather do not any more so if you are not used to Vietnamese taxis I'd advise ensuring that you get a metered taxi to get there. Yes we would stay again.

Room Tip: Go for a superior but avoid 11th floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple