Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 09/21/21
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
1,196 results
All reviews sky bar breakfast is served ben thanh markets star hotel stayed nights war museum floor street city saigon rooftop district taxi
Selected filters
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed five days in Ho Chi Minh City-2 nights in five star -Legend Hotel and 2 nights in the Elios Hotel at room 1006. I like to have breakfast in the morning and at night can enjoy the night scene on the roof. It's relaxing. The breakfast is great compare with 5 star hotel's price. This hotel is a budget price. The staff is nice and helpful, especially of the housekeeping lady.

The location is good, turn left within 3 mins walk can find the place to eat noodle (open early and close at night) and turn right within 3 mins can join the local tour -Sinh tourist over there. I joined the Sinh tourist tour to "My Tho which sell the wooden decoration/home make is cheap but be careful to mark down every single price by own notes when the seller told you the price because i bought a lot of things with reasonable price so i would not bargain with her but finally paid the total bill is over the set price. It's too late to realize that after payment made.

Only one thing i'm not happy with their system record becasue I have already fully paid up two nights through booking.com with non-refundable booking to get special discoutn. I also sent the email to double check with booking.com to see Elios hotel whether got my payment. I got reply from Elios hotel to confirm settled my two nights payment. However, the second nights around 9 o'clock hotel staff told me i only paid the one night and need to settle the second night payment . They need me to show them evidence regarding the payment because their system only got 1 night $. It waste my time to handle such ridiculous things.

Room tip: Higher floor
Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

2nd time staying here. Stayed in a standard room for 2 nights. Many good restaurants, cafe nearby and only a short walk to Saigon sq, Ben thanh (not an enjoyable place). Money changer and tour agencies for booking day tours all nearby.

Staff at entrance are very helpful, usually when u arrive, u drop opposite the hotel facing a busy road with all ur luggage. The staff would b alert and come to ur rescue to help w luggage and in crossing the road.

My standard room is not big but adequate and comfortable. Breakfast on the top floor is quite good as well.

Free wifi throughout hotel and rooms is excellent too.

A minor point to improve on: at check in and when we were going out and depositing our room key, reception did not provide any locality map until we requested from them.

Reception kept our passports throughout our stay. Suspect this is a practice in all HCM hotels as a means to facilitate police checks and combat vice.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Elios Hotel in July for 4 nights. On arrival the hotel reception looked very nice, small but clean. The only time we seen staff was T receptions nd breakfast, their welcome was okay but could be better. Our room was more of a one/two star- old sorry flip flops in the cupboard from previous visitors, stains on the sheets and bed throw and overall just very very basic and small. The bathroom look slightly better but again mould around the bath. We did not move hotel as the location here was close to things we wanted to see and the main strip with restaurants and bars was just round the corner! Also we were only there to sleep as we went on many full day trips (book these at local shops as hotel list was more expensive). The restaurant was okay very nice view. Not a wide range of food to eat and all was Vietnamese which we didnt mind. We never had any issues with the breakfast only the range. Overall a very basic hotel, the worst part was definitely the rooms cleanliness- not a place to stay if you will be in the hotel often!!

Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank Michaela H
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We spent the last 3 nights of our holiday in the Elios Hotel. Location is very good for visiting the main sites of interest in Saigon. We walked to most of them but did find it very wearing in the humidity (we are in our 60's). When we did use a taxi we found that the journey out from the hotel was always at least twice the cost of the return journey. Whether this was due to a road system we didn't understand or the taxi drivers taking advantage of holiday makers we were never able to decide for ourselves.
Breakfast at the hotel was adequate though uninspiring for us. The best feature of this hotel were the two young gentlemen on duty at the door. Always polite and courtious and willing to help in an instant. Which is more than could be said for one member of staff behind the reception desk. On our last day I checked in online for our flight home to the UK. When I got as far as wanting to print out our boarding passes I asked at the reception if I could send the print to their printer. I was told no, they didn't have a printer. I pointed to the printer in full view behind the desk and was then told "sorry, no paper". If a hotel provides free internet access for guests surely they should have a printer available for those guests to use. Be warned - Elios Hotel didn't!
One last thing. Our return flight wasn't until just past midnight and as we had to check out at 2 pm I asked if there was a courtesy room available for us to freshen up before our 13 hour flight home. Guess what - No! We had to pay for a late checkout which was up to 7 pm. $27 dollars, £17 for 5 extra hours. Be warned.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel and it was just as good as I remember
The breakfast was fantastic and we loved eating on the terrace overlooking the park, The spread is so extensive it would have made a wonderful lunch or save you having lunch,
This larger, kind of medium class, slightly business hotel suits us more than the ones that make you feel part of the family and we love the location where you can walk to most things and if you run out of energy (which happens regularly in the humidity) you can catch a cab back for next to nothing,
Very close to all the tour offices and the liveliness of the backpacker district
Now if I can just find the equivalent in Hanoi, I`ll be set.

Date of stay: October 2012