“Very ordinary”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Saigon Comfort Hotel
Ranked #368 of 465 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I stayed there in July 2009.

The hotel is clean. Most of the staff are hopeless. Customer service is not a high priority. Make sure you never use the local travel agent located in the lobby...you will find that they don't take responsibility for their mistakes.

Overall, the location is good but I found the hotel fee expensive. I paid $US50 per night and it was at best, $25 in value. I won't stay there again. I hope it has improved as the manager Nuyet Pham seemed like a nice person and she was genuinely disappointed in the basic mistakes made by the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Shop around
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank leopoldstodge

Reviewed January 10, 2010

This is my second stay at this hotel.

My first time was 3 years ago, found this hotel to be a very good one for the price which is $20usd. I didnt particular wanted the $15usd, but it also was not ever offered to me.
Annoying thing was when i booked for 2 rooms a day before, I was told it was $20usd per room.
When we arrived,we were told one was $25usd, I got quite angry and told them,which they changed straight away. What was the purpose of that extra $5usd?

Room is quite spacious and I would say the bathroom is very clean, apart from the eeky towels, they were stained and smelt musky.
And although they had a safe,it was too small for my laptop so i kinda has to take it with me, which is annoying because it's quite heavy. Reading the review about lost items, when leaving with the reception, I didnt want to risk it,plus the laptop isnt mine.
The bed is uncomfortable and had parts where I would sink in it, I slept with my bottom sunken in and my legs high. Quite funny.
Must I mention that mink blanket, Saigon is very hot, and having that blanket not only looked funny but quite ugly. Get rid of it, makes the room look very cheap.Didnt use the mink blanket, smelt funny and left it on the chair.
Wireless is awesome and other than that had a good stay for one night.
Would come back again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We booked into this hotel at 1030pm at night after a bad experience at nearby lien ha (awful). The room was clean and of nice size, breakfast was Cooked in front of you and free laundry daily. Good value and luckily we didn't have anything go missing

2  Thank Miles_JD
Reviewed May 26, 2009

To be objective, the location is good if you want to be in this district, rooms are quite clean and the staff helpful if you ask for help (they wont go the extra mile though). This could have been an ok experience ibut the last day ended very badly. First my kid discovered at the airport (too late to complain) that her money in her wallet disappeared. It was the only wallet we did not put in the safe (we could not imagine that someone would open a kid's bag). My kid is very careful about his belongings and obviously the money had been stolen on the last day during the cleaning when we were out.
Second we misunderstood (or they did not explain too well) the extracharge for late check out, and the hotel was not full, so we were a bit upset that the manager did not dare to say in front of us that she would not make any goodwill gesture. Okay for that but the whole behaviour from the staff once we paid the bill was just a nightmare; they would not even help or propose to help for the luggage, say goodbye etc... making us feeling that once they got the dollars, we could just go to hell. (my kids were shocked).
Avoid avoid avoid, the only hotel during our tour that we do not recommend at all. Even though it is not a high end hotel, rates are the highest for that neighbourhood,(around 50 dollars) and it certainly does not deserve it. Pretty sure that the manager will want to react to that recommendation but what happened happened, and those are the facts.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank JustsmileFrance
saigoncomforthotel, Owner at Saigon Comfort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2009

Dear Sir and the Family,

I am so sorry that it turned out that you was upsetted for everything at our place after we did a reasonable half day charge for late check out at 5pm? Even though we have the hotel regulation that check out after 4pm will be half day charged and I guess any hotel would do that. Especially, you are from Europe, your check out time is 11am at most of the hotel. In Vietnam, the check out time is at 12am.
Our Deluxe room at that time was charged at US35 for double but i believed that you had some extra guests stayed. Therefore, there was an extra charge for extra persons but still it was not reach to US50 as you said here.
Dear Sir, I used to work for 5 star-hotels for around 5 years. I was quite proud of myself that I had achieved the "Employee Rewards from Marriott International Hotels and Resorts Group". Moreover, I am finishing my MBA in Hotel Management in Switzerland. I do believe that I serve my guest more than my guest expected. Room with very low rate, full of facilities, free WIFI, free Internet, 2 Free PC for use, free daily morning English newspapers at the lobby, safety box in all rooms. Did it look like I didn't dare to talk in front of you? I believed that I did a full explaination to your wife at the time. She was threattenned me that she will write a very bad reviews of our hotel. Dear Sir, "Our guests are Lords" and we do admit only if it was our fault. In this case, I ask your understanding.
Nguyet Phan

Reviewed March 27, 2009

Stayed at the Saigon Comfort Hotel for a couple of nights in March. The hotel is very clean and in a great location with plenty of bars and restaurants on its doorstep. The owner Nguyet is such a friendly and professional host, she was fantastic help in advicing us on what to do in HCM and arranging trip to Mekong etc. She is such a professional hotelier, which must be rare in this segment of the market in Saigon.
This is a clean and comfortable hotel. Will stay again when I am next in Saigon. I recommend booking one of the room at the front which have balconies overlooking the pleasant sidestreet.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure to host you while you were staying at Saigon. We are non-stop upgrading our hotel' services and facilities. We are looking forward seeing you again soon,

Nguyet and Staffs

Reviewed February 15, 2009

My friend and I booked this hotel through a hotels in Vietnam website. We had read the reviews re theft but figured that could happen anywhere. We left our suitcases there while on a Mekong Delta tour at no charge. Also, probably due to previous complaints they had safety boxes in the rooms.
The rooms were simple, roomy and quiet. After staying in some more flashy looking hotels we decided the bathroom in the Comfort was probably the most functional. The lift is very welcome after a long day of walking.
The staff could not have been more pleasant, helpful and friendly but professional. They helped with phoning other hotels for us in other cities.
I am sure we could have found cheaper rooms if we spent a lot of time checking them out but we were happy with what we had so returned after our delta tour.
Miss Nguyet and staff - I hope you remember Roslyn and Karen (Johnny Walker!) from Australia. We remember you.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank roznkaz
saigoncomforthotel, Owner at Saigon Comfort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2009

Dear Roslyn and Karen,

How are you doing Madams? We are glad that you had a great trip visiting Vietnam. It was our great pleasure hosting you while you were staying at Saigon Comfort hotel. Our mission is to be the best budget hotel in Saigon.
We are looking forward to welcome you back. And we would love to host your friends if you send any.

Nguyet & Staff

Reviewed December 30, 2008

We stayed here twice and our experience the first time was quite pleasant, the rooms were clean and tidy and the location was pretty good too. As a result we decided to stay here again for the night when we returned a few weeks later. However, the second time the stay was awful! We checked in and went out for a couple of hours only to come back and find the watch we had left in our room was stolen. The staff denied anyone was in our room but there does not appear to be any other explanation. The next day we checked out and left our bags behind reception. All the bags were locked with the exception of 1 small pocket in the front of a suitcase, where I (stupidly) had put my phone. We picked up our bags a couple of hours later and when we got out of the taxi at the airport I noticed my phone was stolen. The only time I had left my bag unattended was when it was behind reception. I was really disappointed and the staff have been so unhelpful. You will notice from other reviews that theft is happened before so if you do choose to stay here please be careful.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple