“Quiet Haven in Centre of HCM” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bich Duyen Hotel

Bich Duyen Hotel
Ranked #29 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Auckland, New Zealand
“Quiet Haven in Centre of HCM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed twice, a total of 7 nights and we were very happy that we had been recommended this by friends. You are located up a small lane in the middle of tourist central and this is a great base from which to explore the city.

After a day in the hustle of the city it was a relief to come back to this safe, friendly place where staff always ask how your day had been and did their best to help and advise. We arranged some of our internal travel through the Hotel prior to arriving in Vietnam and everything was handled professionally and organised for us when we arrived.

I suggest you book your airport transfer with them, if you need it - comfortable and hassle-free. They picked us up in the middle of the night and staff were on-site to welcome us when we arrived. For modest budget accommodation it doesn't get much better that this.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Bich Duyen (pronounced as Bikh Di-een) Hotel

EXCELLENT but VERY AFFORDABLE accommodations, FRIENDLY staff, and a STRATEGIC LOCATION for a stroll in the city.

It feels like I'm back home when I need only to walk from my house to go places and have a great time (and go shopping, too)! Great tourist locations within the city can be reached either by walking or by short taxi rides if you did not book the city tour. This I did with the help of the simple map provided by the staff. I felt safer getting 'lost' in Ho Chi Minh City with their map!

There's a park nearby for early morning jogging! The breakfast menu they have is a great introduction to Vietnamese cuisine (loved the noodles!!!! YUM!!!!). They also help do tour bookings,currency change, and many other services that help make a tourist's experience a lot more easier, safer and more convenient.

My best regards to the dashing Chien [I hope I'm correctly spelling his name] and the lovely Hue. Thank you for making me and my family feel at ease.

When I go back, Bich Duyen Hotel is where I'll stay again! Bich Duyen Hotel is highly recommended for everyone. As it is said in Vietnam, Bich Duyen, Number 1! :)

Room Tip: I definitely lost some weight climbing up and down the stairs to and from the fourth floor! A plus o...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bairnsdale, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

This hotel is small and quiet but in the best location for tourists, staff cannot speak great English but I suppose we should be speaking Vietnamese and we had no problem communicating with the staff between fits of laughter and smiles all round the rooms are big enough and have ensuites the breakfast is simple but always fresh and hot the coffee is great will be back when we have time just great, like staying at a good friends mother's house love it

Room Tip: no lift stay low
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Third time stay at this hotel every time I visit Vietnam. I like its friendly staffs and the service is excellent.Affordable price, peaceful location, tasty breakfast (love their beef noodle), the staffs even help me to book tour for Mekong Delta and arrange my trip to Hoi An ancient town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Clean and with a very friendly staff, we spent our first nights in Vietnam in this hotel. The room is very nice. The staff helped us with all further bookings - Mekong Delta, Bus to Dalat, etc.
We were overall very impressed and hope some day to be back.
Thank you all for making our stay with you feel like I was visiting family!.
Recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed at this hotel at three different occasions during a christmas trip 2013-2014 together with my family. Clean, perfectly located (in the backpacker district on a quiet backstreet), good breakfast, helpful staff. Recommended!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was ok. The double bed was pretty small for a hotel and so was the room (we had a double bed private ensuite).

We went to long hostel a few days earlier, but it was fully booked for our last nights in Ho chi Minh city, so we had to change to another one.

The rooms in long hostel were cheaper and both the room and bed were bigger. So if you can, I would go there.

They also turn of the electricity in your room when you go out, so nothing will charge while you're away and you can't really store anything perishable in the fridge.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple