“A Brief but Enjoyable Stay”
Review of Bich Duyen Hotel

Bich Duyen Hotel
Ranked #29 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Vancouver, Canada
“A Brief but Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My mother and i stayed at this hotel for one night only on our way north. The hotel is located on a quiet street in a neighbourhood crammed with hotels, hostels, interesting streets, and inviting eateries. The service and staff at the hotel were excellent. The room was unremarkable, but clean and roomy enough, the bathroom had all the amenities. The water was hot and the AC was cold. We even had a window and the wireless was good.
Breakfast was decent. The coffee was good.
The hotel is in a good spot for wandering at night, with lots of options for food and drinks and entertainment.
From this location we were able to walk to reach many of the sights we wanted to see.
For the price, i would definitely recommend this place and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jessup, Maryland
Reviewed November 29, 2013

love this place , it like a heart of Saigon for a really good price . highly recommend . A+++. the next time if I go to Vietnam this is the place. no need to look elsewhere. I love gambling , is a walking distance to new world holtel where they have a casino there I love it . new world is a bit pricy for me .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We only stayed one night at Bich Nuyen but it was just what we needed. Clean rooms/hotel, great shower, nice breakfast, best host ever, and a great neighborhood in the heart of the backpacker district. We loved it! What you get vs. what you pay makes it an excellent value. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Ho Chi Minh.

Room Tip: Only advice is that not all rooms have windows. Make sure you request one! It will cost an extra $5...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 24, 2013

It was my first time to travel alone (out of my country). Chanh, the hotel owner made me feel secured by responding to my email inquiries and requests promptly. He's very lively, helpful and accommodating including Hue (not sure how to spell her name), the receptionist at night. The room is clean and spacious enough for me. Its location is very accessible to 'must visit' places in HCMC. I will not hesitate to book again on this hotel if time permits.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

First trip to Vietnam, when we were deliverd to a side street off of the main road we were very dubious. What a surprise we had though! The staff were nothing but polite and helpful, the room was clean and spacious, the breakfast was enjoyable and we were always offered fruit eggs and rolls, fell in love with the jam! reception staff were always helping us on where to eat and the best place to get some tayloring done. Overall it was a great place to stay as it was on the edge of the back pack area but in a nice and quiet side road. excellent value for money

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
los angeles
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Words really cannot express how amazing this place is. It is a home. Besides being clean, affordable, and amazingly located, the people are unbelievable. Tuyen and Hue are so helpful I cannot even explain to you. Please help yourself and stay here. It will make your trip memorable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at this place for 2 nights last November 2013, I was looking for a simple yet clean hotel since we'll be arriving at midnight and we just need a place to sleep. After researching on which place to stay, I chose Bich Duyen due to positive reviews here and value for money. Though this place has no elevator, I requested for a lower floor when I booked this through agoda. Good thing Hue, a nice lady in-charge at night, was able to accomodate my request despite they were quite fully booked that time. Also, Chahn, the one in- charge in the morning is also very kind and accomodating. You can ask him about directions on how to go to places nearby. We went to Dalat and Nha Trang for 5 nights and return to this place but this time I made my reservation directly to the hotel. We really did enjoy our stay here, Vietnams are accomodating and warm people just like Filipinos. I would defintely go back to Vietnam and stay at this hotel again.

Hotel is located in a small safe and quiet alley of different hostels, which entrance is in Pham Ngu Lao Street. You might not able to see it but the entrance is beside the Circle K Mart. just look at the photos attached. By the way, you can arrange airport pick up with them for just a minimal fee just to be sure and no worries of taxi scam at the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family