“Good value and services”
Review of Bich Duyen Hotel

Bich Duyen Hotel
Ranked #32 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I stayed at Bich Duyen for 3 nights, it’s quite a nice hotel and quiet place, the room is clean and nice view, the location is convenient for everything though and quiet. Bich Duyen hotel has 5 levels, and there is free internet connection in the lobby. Especially, the staff there is quite good manners and friendly. In the morning, hotel serves a simple breakfast (bread with omelette or strawberry jam, coffee/tea, banana, pineapple juice) which can be quite full. I am really like it and satisfied with the service provided for the cost I paid for the room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,229)

Reviewed March 31, 2011

We stayed two nights and paid $25/night. Our room was on the 3rd floor- the stairs are quite narrow and are shiny tiles so could be tricky for some as other reviewers have mentioned.
We had a fridge in our room and a tv as well as two beds- a good size single and a queen.
The view from the two windows wasn't flash but we had aircon that was quiet and overall I'd rate this a good hotel. Breakfast was made for you when you turned up- an omelet or perhaps toast or fruit.The internet was slow but the location is very handy to things and because it's down an alley off a main road- it is quiet. A special mention should be made of the manager who seems to be there every hour of the day and is very helpful. He had bought my train tickets for me before I arrived after an e-mailed request. He arranged a taxi pickup from the airport and also a return cab at reasonable rates. We were leaving Saigon at night and he stored our luggage on that day and allowed us to have a shower before we left although we'd checked out that morning.
He also took me to a market and helped me buy a bag I needed- this is exceptional service. I'd highly recommend it as a clean and safe place to stay.
My only complaint would be that the pillows were too hard for me (and I suspect others)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I used the airport pick up service from Bich Duyen. Me and my friends were very dissapointed with the car and the driver. The car "was not in a good shape" and the driver is a schumacer wannabe.
The hotel neighbourhood is tourists friendly. Bars and cheap local foods are close from the hotel.
It's also close to Benh Thanh Market, just a few minutes walk.

Chanh is a great person. He is a fast, responsive manager. He help us with sim cards, the cautions of the area and he cooks for breakfast! Wow! All in one manager.

Rooms were a bit small, but its worth the price we pay. Its clean, spotless and well taken cared. I got a room at the back with "no view" window. There's no elevator in the house. TV channels were good. Internet speed for PC and WIFI were ok. Exchange rates with Chanh is also good. Overall, if i have to come back to saigon, I would stay here again, but I would also love to try a new one.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in March 2011, first impressions were good. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, and the location is great. BUT....there are 5 floors and no lift with a narrow winding staircase. There is no water provided or toiletries provided in the rooms, not even a bar of soap. We woke on our first morning to find a squashed bed bug, with blood everywhere. We reported it to reception who changed the sheets, and made an embarrassed apology, blaming the wet weather. Unfortunately the next night we were bitten even more. The rooms seemed very clean, but on reading other reviews this doesn't seem to be the first instance of bed bugs. If you're looking for a central, budget hotel then this is the place, but make sure you have at least a sleeping bag liner with you

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NickA7
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Mr Chanh is back providing advice and general ‘keep safe’ tips once more. He speaks perfect English and makes it his business to ensure you enjoy your stay in HCMC. The hotel is fine for the budget market, clean and comfortable within the old town near to the bars and restaurants. The cheapest beer and food can be found when you turn right out of the hotel then left into restaurant area. I would advise that for the older generation that there isn’t an elevator and the marble stairs could be a problem as they curve around like old castle tower steps. However, I have witnessed Mr Chanh leaping up them two at a time with a 20 Kg suitcase on his shoulder! If it’s a budget hotel you are after, the Bich Duyen fits the bill perfectly.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The location is great. I had a good sleep at night since it's not located at a busy street. Very much accessible to restaurants and the places to see in HCMC.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank superwoman_0143
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I stayed at the Bich Duyen for 3 nights last November. The hotel is located in the Backpacker's quarter of Ho Chi Minh City, which makes booking tours very easy. The head office of the Sinh Caffe is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. We arranged all our tours (around Ho Chi Minh as well as to Halong Bay and to Sapa through them).
The rooms are very clean, not too big, the laundry service was great as well was the assistance at the reception. The breakfast is quite basic, but prepared with love by the staff. The only thing to mention: the hotel has 4 floors and no elevator. We had a room on the 4th floor and you have to take care to leave nothing in your room when leaving for town, as it is quite exhausting to get up and down.
The hotel is situated in the backpackers quarter - which means quite some walking distance to the main sights. Central market is around 15-20 minutes walk.
Ah one more thing- the guy at the reception assured us, that a taxi to the airport takes no longer than half an hour so he booked a transfer for us accordingly. Ho Chi Minh is very busy especially during rush-hours. We nearly lost our flight because the ride took us much longer - so leave accordingly.
Positive point: we came on the Mekong Express from Phnom Penh which stopped right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple