“Could be better.”

Hotel Que Huong Liberty 2
Ranked #318 of 466 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We got an okay room without windows and the air conditioning was not that powerful which is needed in the hot months in Vietnam.
The rooms are a little old but clean. Staff is helpful.
The hotel is well located. In summary just an average 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank AlejoMejiaE

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have to state that all the staff at this hotel are amazing, friendly, knowledgeable and quick to fix any problems, they are an asset to this chain of liberty hotels.

We had 2 rooms each stay and we stayed here twice in May, the first stay we got room 902 which was a noisy room as it is below the restaurant, we were moved the next day to 7th floor and a much quieter room, stay below the 9th floor.

The rooms are very big and comfortable, big comfortable bed, flat screen, walk through wardrobe and a good sized bath, we had the rooms without the balcony and they were quite and the rooms that end in the number 1`0 have views of the roundabout outside the market and to the market, very good rooms

We got upgraded to a balcony room on our next stay, whilst you now have the added view to the street as well as the market the roomms are noisy, and you really cant use the balcony as the aircon is on it and it is like a furnace.

Breakfast was OK if you like omelates, eggs, pho. There is a good variety but the bain maries are never replenished, so get in early, at 6.30am there was no juice left, which was always the story thoughout our stay, plus the coffee is always cold. Breakfast could be really good if they replenished items that run out.

Location is excellent a few minute walk to the market, and there is a great fresh seafood restaurant 6 blocks in the other direction, for the $50 a night we paid it was good value for money.

Room Tip: 6, 6 and 810 have great views, all room below 9 are good and very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank karingal72
Reviewed April 13, 2013

From Tan Son Nhat international airport to Hotel about 40 mins by SaigonTaxi, single trip about US$ 18 to 20. the fee cover all tolls that need pay by the driver. The receptionist friendly and helpful. Morning breakfast start from 0630 hrs to 0900 hrs is in 10 floors, there are variety of foods. there is no anti slip mattress in the bath tub, so becareful for the senior citizen.
You can arrange a day tour from the hotel reception.
Walking step to Ben Thanh Market, Church, centre post office and Sagion department store.
Chinese restaurant about 50 meter away from the hotel. They spoke cantonese and mandarin.
I would like to stay back this hotel for my second visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David0545
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in Liberty 2 twice during March 2013 and will certainly stay there again next time we visit HCMC.
The hotel is quite small, there are 10 floors with restaurants on 9 and 10 and a bar and spa on 2 with reception on level 1. The remaining 6 floors seem to have 5 rooms each, 2 of which have balconys to the street.
Breakfast is good with lots of variety and the chef will cook eggs anyway you like.
We were well looked after by Johnathon (a sales executive) who always asked if there was anything he could do for us, reception always remembered us and the security staff at the door were happy to stop us being ripped off by a taxi driver who wanted to take a tip almost as much as the fare from the airport.
The location is good, just over the way from the Ben Tanh market and a short walk to the river or to the tax store.

Room Tip: Front rooms have balconies but drapes will block any street noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank quadpak
Reviewed January 25, 2013

It is a very nice and inexpensive hotel. Because the prices are so low we took an executive deluxe room with a balcony and just loved it. The room was very clean, big and comfortable. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and polite. There is no iron in the room but I asked for ironing and had it done within few minutes. The
cost was almost nothing and I wouldn't bother with ironing by myself. The restaurant on 10th floor is a nice touch. You can enjoy the view while having a breakfast. The breakfast selection is not that big but just enough for everyone. I am happy that I have chosen this particular hotel because the price in 5 star hotel would be the same or very often much more for one night compare to the price for 4 nights in this hotel and the room was much better than many smaller rooms in 5 star hotels. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get yourself an executive deluxe room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank prezes01
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Not a fancy hotel but then not a budget one either. Comfortable and clean with very helpful staff. Breakfast is OK but nothing more but even the Caravelle is not that great any more. We have stayed here on and off over the last 8 years and have always had a warm welcome. Any problems with the rooms have been sorted pretty quickly. Very convenient location pity there is no pool but there you go. As for the bar and spa well you take your chance. There are good massage places just aq few yards away The restaurant has a fascinating Viet menu that you should explore at least once, it includes porcupine and selected goat/deer body parts. FOr something a bit less exotic the Chinese restaurant on the nearby corner has been reliably good over time, but there are so many options close by you are spoilt for choice. Liberty 2 also seems relaxed regarding mixed race (Viet lady + non Viet male) couples, a thing that may cause problems at other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Only stay here if you want to have things stolen from you.

I went to the spa twice while there. They have lockers to put your belongings, but the staff keeps a spare key to the locker and goes into your locker while you are getting a massage and will steal money out of your wallet.

I went once, and when I got dressed my wallet was in my pocket the wrong way from how I keep it. I didn't want to wrongly accuse anyone of anything, and wasn't exactly sure how much money I had in my wallet at the time but there did appear to be some missing. I was suspicious though. I went back a second time and this time counted exactly how much money I had in my wallet and was very careful in how I folded my clothes in the locker. Sure enough, when I came back, my clothes were folded differently and there was money missing from my wallet.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo