“Basic and simple”

Liberty Hotel Saigon Greenview
Ranked #105 of 462 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel has all the basic necessities for your comfort. Has free wifi. Location is very good as it is within walking distance to the Ben Thanh market. The service is very good - I had a pillow that was too thick for my liking/comfort and they changed it without any issues. Their bell-boys were very kind in helping us cross the road, hailing taxis and informing them of our destinations. Buffet breakfast is basic - nothing to shout about but good enough.
FYI, there's no spa in this hotel. If you want one, you can check out their other hotel that has it - just down the road.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We go to the Liberty 3 every time we visit Ho Chi Minh.. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.. Especially the bell boys. They always help us cross the busy street and looks out for us when there are locals trying to sell us things. It is in a PRIME position.. close to everything including big markets, restaurants, parks, the boat dock, shopping centres.. the list goes on! Only a half hour-ish drive to the airport. The rooms were perfect size for the two of us. They're pretty standard rooms but while in Vietnam it isn't like you should be spending much time in there anyway! Buffet breakfast is fabulous. Sometimes have trouble getting on to wifi but again, better things to do than facebook all day!
All in all, rooms are clean, staff and services are exceptional. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimberley593
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days at the end of an 11 day tour of Vietnam. We had an OK room on he 6th floor although our AC leaked water all night. The front door security guys were absolutely great. Issues we encountered - the one lift must have been the slowest in HCM and was totally inadequate to service the number or rooms in the Hotel - quicker to take the stairs. The Resteraunt was the worst by far of those we encountered in our trip through Vietnam - floor filthy, food selection only average at best and staff less that helpful. Would not recommend this hotel and we have advised or Tour Organizer accordingly.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Small room, tiny bathroom but clean. the wall is super thin, I even could hear the conversation of the couple next door!! Oops.. Nice location and the buffet breakfast is delicious.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I like this hotel. I stayed here a couple of years ago. Decided to return again this time even though there were some problems on the first visit. It really has so much going for it.... I am a forgiving person...BUT!! Same as last time...problems with the air-conditioning.
I booked a deluxe room and I got my high floor with the view of the park....(no balcony for deluxe rooms). Reception told me it was a new room...and it did look smart...but the air-con was useless!! A/C is supposed to dry the rooms out...not work like fans...otherwise I would book a room with a ceiling fan and pay half the price.. I remember having the same problem a couple of years ago and so decided to check it before I unpacked. Reception told me to wait for 15 mins until it cooled down. Living in Greece, I know that if air-con works properly then you can feel the difference within a few minutes. The machine was working but just blowing air out so literally you had to stand beneath it....to feel anything...other than you would have with a fan on. They changed my room...and I had exactly the same problem in the next room. It was late and I came down and spoke to reception.....they confirmed with management that I would be upgraded to a junior suite. By that time, I couldn't care less just as long as the room was as cool as their lobby.

Thankfully, the suite did cool down within a few minutes. The actual suite did look a bit shabby and not as nice as the original deluxe room but there was more space to spread out...even though I did not use the lounge section. I did like the fact that it had a balcony and wi-fi worked fine.

The bell boys and staff were very helpful and the laundry service is excellent. Location is excellent and the open space in front of the building is great.....No other complaints...just fix your air-con please!!!!

Room Tip: Check air-con before you unpack!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank greekbrit
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Good clean comfortable room. Lovely park across the road. Plenty of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The rooms are perfectly adequate and very spacious with nice bathrooms. When we arrived it was nice to get inside away from the hustle and bustle into a nice clean room. The room is very convenient if you want to be amongst the majority of backpacker bars and also very good for where the buses drop you off.

However, our room was on the end of the hotel and right next to one of the late night bars in the neighbourhood which meant that there was plenty of noise if you wanted an early night.

The wifi in our room also didn't work. When I reported this I was told that it did work. Insisting it didn't they sent an engineer to come and check I wasn't lying, after watching him bang about on my iPad he agreed it didn't work and sent another engineer. This engineer knew straight away what the issue was. We had closed our hotel door! How dare we! He then proceeded to show me that if I sat in my door way with the door wide open it would work! He then said he had solved the issue and left! Not really ideal but was ok for only a couple of days. However sitting in the hallway I did notice a couple who came spent about 5 minutes in their room and then ask to be moved because of the noise coming from the bar outside. So avoid the end of the hotel adjacent to the bars if you want a good night sleep!

Room Tip: Away from the corner where the bars are!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple