2,823 results
All reviewsopera restaurantmartini barlam sonpark loungebeautiful hotelvietnamese restaurantcolonial stylepool arealuxury hotelnice poolbreakfast buffetbusy cityphocentral locationthe heart of the citypost officesaigon
Reviewed December 14, 2009

From the moment you step out of the car you are made to feel like a celebrity. With nearly six people between the driveway and reception, with friendly smiles, all willing to help YOU, you instantly get the feeling you’ve made the right choice. The staff is absolutely wonderful and also quite proficient in English (unfortunately, we did have some language issues at some of the other hotels in Vietnam).

Once you’ve checked in you are escorted to your room which either looks over the fabulous swimming pool or, for the more daring, the main street. Our room had a street view, which is also conveniently NE facing, which meant we woke up to a sun-kissed bed (It’s the little things!) The Italian restaurant makes excellent pizza at very affordable prices. The Western and Vietnamese food served at Hyatt’s other restaurant is absolutely wonderful. Their wine collection is second to none. The spa is ever so relaxing. We had an excellent time and would definitely stay at the Park Hyatt if we ever find ourselves in Saigon again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Transient-friend
Reviewed November 29, 2009

Upon arrival to the hotel two staff members are stationed and ready to open each door. They greet us while two others insist on taking our luggage. The atmosphere is upscale business and formal. From the airport, we took a taxi for about US $8.00. One can opt to take the Park Hyatt's shuttle for US $55.00+ , but the taxi was no problem at all. The Hotel staff all speak English and are very friendly and helpful.
I'm a 39 year old American tourist with my wife and nine year old daughter and It's our first time to Saigon. I like to travel on the cheap when going solo however it was my daughter's first trip outside of the United States so I threw down for the new 5-star Park Hyatt. I'm a Hyatt Gold Member and familiar with their chain. I booked the hotel through Orbitz and had a "deal" at $234.00 per night. I believe The Park Hyatt may be one of the most expensive hotels in all of Saigon even at this "reduced" price. I had no idea what to expect in Saigon so safety was my primary concern. I read a lot about being ripped off etc..and you do have to watch it with some taxi drivers but It turned out that I was too paranoid and Ho Chi Minh is probably safer than where I live in San Francisco. This hotel, like many in the area, are all very safe and district 1 is loaded with "tourist police". Our room has an electronic safe for passport and things.
The beds are comfortable and the bathroom is nice and large. Audacious, perhaps, but given that privacy is more of an issue for westerners than the Viets one can comfortably use the toilet while another is in the the shower, The bathroom came equipped with toothbrush and toothpaste etc...
Our room was quiet even though it faced the street.
The newspaper was delivered every morning.
We had a small (about 37") flat-screen with all the news channels and the air-con worked well.
All 5 star hotels are different depending on what country you visit and I can't really tell you how the room compares to other 5 stars in the area except that this one appears oriented to business types. I was annoyed at the price to connect to the internet at the hotel (about $18US per day). Yes, I could have gone down the street and connected for free during the day, but I did research and Skype calls at night. The breakfast at the Park Hyatt was about $22USD for each person. We didn't eat breakfast there, we enjoyed sitting on the small plastic chairs on the sidewalk outside of the market for about $4 USD for all three of us. The room is a bit small for a 5 star and perhaps that is why there was no iron or ironing board in the room, however the staff brought one right away upon our request. Vietnam has some of the best coffee in the world bu only a small percentage of the population drink it; there was a way to heat water, but no coffee maker. If you want coffee early in the morning before the stores open, buy some at the local market and bring a portable press style coffee cup! Okay, I know I'm spoiled, but this IS a 5 star Hyatt right?
The location is probably the center of the center, but just about any hotel in District One seems central. For first timers or business types on short stays this hotel is a great way to put your mind at ease while easing into things. Now that we've been introduced, I'll venture into something less $ plush $.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank BushCowboy
Reviewed November 29, 2009

This hotel was amazing. The service and location were fantastic.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank csenterjr
Reviewed November 19, 2009

This was 5 Star quality at every level. The service from all the staff, on reception, room service, spas, waitresses, gym was superb. The breakfast buffet is amazing, the food in the restaurants was of the highest quality, the pool was quiet and relaxing, the lobby bar was relaxing, the pianist was excellent, the rooms were clean, the location is excellent, gym was well equipped .

Can't recommend this hotel enough. This was everything you expect from a Park Hyatt hotel. Worth every penny.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HKexpat007
Reviewed November 9, 2009

The Park Hyatt Saigon is possibly one of the best hotels I stayed in. Everything in this hotel is perfect: location, friendliness of staff, quality of room etc.

Also good, we never felt like staying in a large hotel. While the hotel was fully booked, it never felt crowded. We stayed at the Sheraton Saigon before, and felt that the lobby was buzzing.

They have a great gym, excellent spa (not cheap) and a nice pool. Rooms are classic in design and very practical in terms of layout.

Saigon is an amazing city. And if you make a trip there, stay at the Hyatt!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business