“Finally a 5 star hotel that actually is!”
Review of Park Hyatt Saigon

Park Hyatt Saigon
Ranked #3 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We recently stayed here for our final night in Vietnam after an 8 day holiday that included visiting Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hue, Can tho and Ho an. Despite booking in 5 star hotels for the most of our trip this was the first hotel that actually offered genuine 5 star service. Our Park room was appointed with character and style and had all the extras you would expect such as an international power convertor, free WIFI, reasonable quality bathroom amenities and more. A nice touch was noticing that it was my birthday (presumably on my passport) and arranging to have a gorgeously decorated cake left in my room by our turndown service. They were the first hotel in Vietnam that actually knew what gluten free bread was and had it available for my breakfast. I will definitely choose to stay here on my next visit to Saigon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chompchompblog
Write a ReviewReviews (2,604)

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Whilst the Park Hyatt is a beautiful hotel and has all the gloss of luxury when I reached my room I was somewhat disappointed by how plain and tired it appeared. I was therefore not surprised to find a note from the hotel detailing upgrade plans that they are working on the refresh the hotel - it needs it to continue commanding the price point. We had dinner in the Italian and the food was to a good standard and service was attentive - a must is to try the local Saigon beer. Breakfast had a good selection and variety.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Armed with a slew of friend's recommendations as soon as I saw that the Park Hyatt Saigon was the ONLY hotel in all of Viet Nam in the AMEX Platinum listing I figured I should try it first. I am so happy I did.
I was booked for my initial first night into the Park Hyatt, then leaving for 4 days and returning for an additional 4. In advance the staff confirmed there would be no problem storing my large valises that were all parts for my 5 week SE Asian travel that continued after Viet Nam.
The concierge services were incredible , they found me a Pilates Studio near by, made connections and followed through that I was satisfied. Also i used the hotel car service to and from the airport and seeing them there with my name was a welcoming sight amidst the thousands on arrival.
I also arrived during the last few days of Tet but found the only thing affected, delightfully, was the traffic very light.
On my first arrival, the staff was waiting for me, as if I were a returning guest and in minutes was in my high floor pool view room. I also was entitled to a room upgrade but it wasn't available but my room was large, sunny, amply outfitted and perfect in every way.The pool view was calming and had far less street and traffic noise. I went down to the pool for an hour and felt it was a calm oasis in the middle of a bustling city.I poked my head into the spa to get an idea of services and they could not of been more accommodating and found myself relaxing with a much needed shampoo and blow out with out any advance appointment. It was perfect.
I had the complementary preset dinner in Square One and it was delicious, well served and in the glass room ,as if I were eating under the stars by the Grand Opera House. As I was leaving quite early the next morning , the staff had a breakfast box prepared for me and coffee waiting in the car for the no traffic ride to the airport. One of the hotel airport personal was waiting for me(with thousands already there @5:15 AM) and whisked me through to business class check in, which without them I would not have realized was available in a different part of the airport. And on my rerun 4 days later I was treated as a returning friend, they knew me by face and since it was a domestic arrival I was in the car literally 5 minutes after debarking the plane. This stay of 3 nights gave me a better chance to get to know the hotel and it's wonderful features.
As we pulled in the circular drive a group was waiting and I was checked in room side. While doing so, the woman decided there was an unpleasant cleaning odor in the room, made a call and we were in minutes at my newer, slightly larger but lovely room again facing the pool.I am sure the odor would have hit me only after I had unpacked and gotten things put away.
Oh yes, my stored bags were waiting for me in the first room as we walked into it.This visit gave me a chance to explore both the hotel and the city. Although built in recent times, it has a real old world feel of what Saigon must have been like in the French influenced days. The ART COLLECTION was museum quality and I found myself wandering looking at all of it , in conference rooms , stairways and such. The helpful staff gave me the name of the gallery used for the collection and I found pieces by some of the same artists. The Gallery also had a book, The Art of the Park Hyatt, which unfortunately was not available to purchase or I would have gotten it.
In the evenings, the large lobby lounge became a place of wonderment with a charming singer who I met but forget her name. a tiny blond from Canada with a larger than life voice. She had me so enthralled I was late for several evening appointments as it was just too good to leave. In fact I taped a few snippets and sent to my 90 year old Mother in Philadelphia to hear and she was charmed as well. I even changed my last night plans to include pre and post dinner in the lobby just to hear her. The staff secured tickets for me the show at the Opera, which I knew in advance was not an Opera. The show was not my type , but getting into this Grand Opera House and experiencing it's acoustics and seeing old world style up close was worth the price of admission.
The Park Hyatt Saigon, now this is a true 5 star hotel with a staff attentive to all your needs, a level of intimacy that makes a hotel feel like a home away from home . Every thing you needed was done immediately if not already anticipated. The food was excellent, breakfast so vast it was hard to not overeat.
I became a regular at the spa for shampoos and pedicures and know I have a home in HCMC/Saigon when I return for more of the incredible food and ambience. I could not rate this property any higher.And yes, the Pilates was excellent and totally needed to compensate for this city of eating!

Room Tip: I found the pool view rooms to be quieter, you can open the windows and saw the pool level rooms and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Used the airport private transfer service which was awaiting me when I cleared customs, met by a friendly driver and a clean and comfortable limousine. Greeted at the door by a manager and then was escorted to check in. I was very tired from my flight and the ease and friendliness of the staff was fantastic. Room was ready straight away, and was large, clean, and comfortable. There was a welcome note and a small box of mini muffins which was a nice touch.

Breakfast was great and so was the service. In fact I could not fault the service anywhere in the hotel and I wished that I was staying for a bit longer. I was on a flight later the next day which meant I had to check out at 12. I asked for a later check out but the hotel was full, the checkout kindly stored my bags and gave me access to the spa to have a shower and freshen up after I had a look around the city.

Hotel is in a central place and close to shopping and markets, all staff were courteous and helpful. It was nice to have service with a smile. I will be back here for longer next time.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lanecovesydney
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Upon arrival we were personally greeted by the management team which made us feel right at home.We had a very comfortable suite room with our own butler service who catered to our every need.The buffet breakfast was good with great service too.This property was in a great location with local shops and restaurants to visits.As concierge was helpful in arranging a tour for us to.Thank you guys job well done.

Room Tip: "We had a corner suites that are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mub1
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This quite new, but grandiose hotel is in District 1 in Ho Chi Minh City. Centrally located for the sights.We used the hotel's free pick-up servce at the airport, which was prompt and professional. It's only a short distance from the airport but due to the legendary HCMC traffic it can take 45 minutes. We had a room with direct access to the pool and outdoor bar area. The room was very good - a baby cot was provided for us. Our 4 year old was allowed to stay at no extra charge as long as she used out bed - no problem. Breakfast here was excellent but check to see it is included in your room rate - ours wasn't. The staff here could not be more helpfull (especially Hieu Nguyen!) They gave us bottles of water when we left the hotel for a walk. Wi Fi is good.We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed at the Park Hyatt Saigon for three nights in January, just prior to a Mekong River cruise, and we found the hotel to be excellent in every way. Our experience began with an efficient airport pick-up for our party of 4 people, which had been arranged directly with the concierge. The rooms, with king size beds, were spacious and clean and lighting was good, which is not the norm in this part of the world. The location could not have been better with the Opera House very near by and local shops and a local market near by as well as a modern first class shopping mall.
We ate in the Square One restaurant in the hotel and found the quality of the food as well as the service to be top notch. The hotel staff went out of their way to help us with any and all questions and did so with a smile and seemed pleased to provide individual attention.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends