“excellent”

Ranked #3 of 453 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“excellent”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

excellent hotel, perfectly located, we spent 2 nights there and everyone was nice and helpful. our room was big and very well equipped. the spa and the pool were excellent way to relax after visiting the city. definitely the place to stay in HCMC !

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I not only have no complaints but I have tons of compliments. They do everything right here. May the other luxury international hotels take note. Rooms are perfectly appointed. Service is outstanding. Food is excellent. Location is superb. Fine, a nice lap pool would be great, but the gym is very, very good and you can even sneak in laps in the pool if you go when there's not a crowd. One of my favorite hotels, honestly. I also just love Saigon.

Room Tip: Facing the pool on the interior was actually quite nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have stayed here several times for work while in Saigon and each time it has been nice. Rooms are modern and comfortable, restaurant is great (love the breakfasts), and facilities are excellent. The front lobby has a nice place to sit or get a drink. I have used several rooms there for business presentations and I have had no problems and found everything to flow smoothly. Location is also good, close to good shopping. My only complaint is that the hotel is freezing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Matt H
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights while visiting a friend. I splashed out and that their limo collect me fron the airport, which alone was a wonderful experience. I recommend this to anyone who wants to avoid crowds when getting off a 24 hour flight.

I was greeted on arrival by a hostess who took me straight to my room for in room check in. From then on it was a perfect all he way from the room, staff, breakfast. I'll definabekt visit again with my wife and family.

• Stayed October 2012
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I just stayed here for a couple nights for my very first experience visiting Vietnam. After sorting out a brief mixup with the billing, I found the hotel to be very accommodating. We got a nice sized room on the 8th floor, although next time I might be more inclined to try a pool side room on the third floor. The location was great, right in the middle of busy district 1. We walked over to the new vietcom tower and center to enjoy the newly modernized (and expensive vietnam!) One complaint we had, was the food at Opera wasn't that good and was expensive for what we had. We're more into the authentic tasting food but this probably was catered for western palates. For a real taste of Vietnam, you have to try the street food! We haven't stayed at any other hotels in HMC, so we really don't have a point of comparison, but I from reading all the reviews before we stayed here I think this is one of the better places to stay in terms of cleanliness and separation from the crazy city life. If money was no object, I'd probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Hyatt Gold Passport members always get upgraded rooms and late checkout
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James D
Singapore
Reviewed October 29, 2012

It is probably the best hotel to stay in Saigon, but you will pay for the privilege. The hotel is very centrally located, directly next to the opera and in walking distance to other sights. The service at reception, the restaurants and other areas is really amazing and the level of English is excellent. Every time you enter the lobby you feel like you are coming home.
Our kids liked the pool area and the nice breakfast choice. We have been several times at the Vietnamese/Western styled Square One restaurant even when we have been staying at other hotels in the city throughout the last year - try to get one of the private dining rooms if you are dining with 4+ people for added privacy.
The rooms are nicely decorated, but a bit more too traditional for my taste.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Marco H
HKG
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I didn't expect anything less from staying at the Park Hyatt. Great bed, great food and excellent service. The Concierge team were briliant and from the moment you walk through the grand entrance with the 2 doormen opening up the doors for you, it made the stay very welcoming and special. Great Aircon, shower and free tea and coffee in the rooms (they even supplied the vietnamese drip coffee!)

The only gripe i would have is the water in the swimming pool was a bit murky for my liking. Other than that I would say we made the best choice of Hotel for our stay in Saigon.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside view if you want to avoid the noise of the honking horns and moped engines
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family