2,857 results
All reviews opera restaurant martini bar lam son park lounge beautiful hotel vietnamese restaurant colonial style pool area luxury hotel nice pool breakfast buffet busy city spent nights pho central location the hustle and bustle the heart of the city
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights while visiting a friend. I splashed out and that their limo collect me fron the airport, which alone was a wonderful experience. I recommend this to anyone who wants to avoid crowds when getting off a 24 hour flight.

I was greeted on arrival by a hostess who took me straight to my room for in room check in. From then on it was a perfect all he way from the room, staff, breakfast. I'll definabekt visit again with my wife and family.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I just stayed here for a couple nights for my very first experience visiting Vietnam. After sorting out a brief mixup with the billing, I found the hotel to be very accommodating. We got a nice sized room on the 8th floor, although next time I might be more inclined to try a pool side room on the third floor. The location was great, right in the middle of busy district 1. We walked over to the new vietcom tower and center to enjoy the newly modernized (and expensive vietnam!) One complaint we had, was the food at Opera wasn't that good and was expensive for what we had. We're more into the authentic tasting food but this probably was catered for western palates. For a real taste of Vietnam, you have to try the street food! We haven't stayed at any other hotels in HMC, so we really don't have a point of comparison, but I from reading all the reviews before we stayed here I think this is one of the better places to stay in terms of cleanliness and separation from the crazy city life. If money was no object, I'd probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Hyatt Gold Passport members always get upgraded rooms and late checkout
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James D
Reviewed October 29, 2012

It is probably the best hotel to stay in Saigon, but you will pay for the privilege. The hotel is very centrally located, directly next to the opera and in walking distance to other sights. The service at reception, the restaurants and other areas is really amazing and the level of English is excellent. Every time you enter the lobby you feel like you are coming home.
Our kids liked the pool area and the nice breakfast choice. We have been several times at the Vietnamese/Western styled Square One restaurant even when we have been staying at other hotels in the city throughout the last year - try to get one of the private dining rooms if you are dining with 4+ people for added privacy.
The rooms are nicely decorated, but a bit more too traditional for my taste.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Marco H
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I didn't expect anything less from staying at the Park Hyatt. Great bed, great food and excellent service. The Concierge team were briliant and from the moment you walk through the grand entrance with the 2 doormen opening up the doors for you, it made the stay very welcoming and special. Great Aircon, shower and free tea and coffee in the rooms (they even supplied the vietnamese drip coffee!)

The only gripe i would have is the water in the swimming pool was a bit murky for my liking. Other than that I would say we made the best choice of Hotel for our stay in Saigon.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside view if you want to avoid the noise of the honking horns and moped engines
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have stayed here six times in the last year, and have been pleased each time. From the greeting by the bell man, to the wait staff in the lobby lounge, the service at the Park Hyatt is warm and welcoming. While the pace of service isn't always as rapid as one might expect in a Park Hyatt, somehow we are willing to let it slide given the warmth of the staff.

The rooms are large and comfortable, although missing some features one might come to expect in a 5-star hotel in Asia. For example, none of the lights work on dimmers, and lack a central control panel, so that when it is time to turn in, you have to turn off all lights individually. Another change I would suggest is rather than the elegant little alarm clock, that the hotel find a clock that can be read at night. A great touch is the amenity tray in the bathroom which has everything one could possibly forget to pack! And again, even in the rooms the hotel shows its quality training standards as the housekeepers helpfully wrap cords for your chargers in a little velcro strap.

The breakfast buffet is truly impressive, and I often find myself debating whether to partake in their excellent Pho, or their western breakfast selections. The breads are sublime, as are their pastries and assortment of cheeses. Lunch at Opera, and dinner upstairs at Square One are solid experiences, but not the best places in town, and wildly expensive compared to independent restaurants.

Overall, the Park Hyatt is indeed home-away for home.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool are a bit quieter than the ones overlooking the street, although the views overlooking the square and the Opera House are quite romantic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business