2,864 results
All reviews opera restaurant martini bar lam son park lounge beautiful hotel vietnamese restaurant colonial style pool area luxury hotel nice pool breakfast buffet busy city spent nights pho central location the hustle and bustle the heart of the city
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was our first stop in Vietnam. Location was good, rooms were beautiful and the food was delicious at the restaurants. Service is excellent! The concierge was very friendly and helpful.
Can not say enough nice comments about this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Park Hyatt Saigon was absolutely beautiful in more ways than none. Perfectly located, exceptional service, amazing facilities, great food, beautiful spa and the bar with the best view at street level. We stumbled across happy hour at the bar, 5-8 pm each night, impeccable service. Our only complaint was that we could not stay longer. I would highly recommend this to any staying in Saigon.

Room Tip: Forth floor over looking pool is great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cantaloonies
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for a test a few days and were surprised that it is not as expected.
Service is from very good to just okay.
I hire an airport pick up and wanted to accompany the car to the airport, they want to charge double, after some negotiation they accept that the lift to the airport is free! They promise to contact me but they never come back.
Someone tried to with draw 2000 $ from his credit card but he could stop it.
Service at the lounge can be better ( we order gin tonic and they just pour all the tonic in, we had to wait long for salt, worchester sauce etc. till they serve)

Pro:
- Service
- Breakfast
- Bath tube ( small but okay)
- Good restaurant
- Location
- Less tour guests
- State-of-the art training machines in fitness centre
- pool
Con
- Service at the bar can be improved
- Rooms are slightly tired
- Wifi is unstable in room
- No executive lounge
- Gym has no free weights due to injury risk due to american limited liability policy
- TV has no sleeper function
- absence of trainer in fitness centre,
- no dry sauna

Room Tip: pool facing rooms are more quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It's not that it's bad. Not at all. It's just AVERAGE. And I wanted so much more than an AVERAGE experience in the city of pho and scooters.

Having stayed at the Sofitel before (the only good thing to come out of France since, well, cheese) I had high expectations for a PARK Hyatt. What does the 'Park' bit mean? There was no park. There was no parquet and there wasn't even a butler called Parker either.

What there was, I tell you, was a beautiful book of black and white pictures of the other Park hotels which, frankly, either looked great because they weren't THIS ONE - or just looked better because it was all monochrome.

Monochrome would have prohibited me from seeing the faulty lights over the bed (the dimmers seemed to be controlled by the guest in the room next door) the viciously COLD or COLDER aircon or the ragged blinds that appeared to have been rolled up and down more times than a well qualified lady of the night - or ocean ferry.

When you order an omelette for breakfast, if you're me that is (and thank god you're not) you'd do it this way: "I'll just order the omelette because I want to be healthy but REALLY I want it to turn up with 3 grilled herbed cherry tomatoes a spear of solitary mini-shrek-like-penile asparagus and TWO DAMN FINE HASH BROWNS".

We obviously actually never specify this because we aim to be healthy: but to quote the great philosophers (Take That) we pray.

Prayers weren't answered. I received a crescent half-moon of poultry protein and a pot of coffee that clearly was drained from a nearby scooter.

I'm being cruel. The bed was sublimely comfortable and the service from the staff is EXCELLENT.

I think it needs, as they say in the world of hotels - 'a refresh'.

The people are majestic and refreshing enough.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Wow, that's the first word that comes to mind with regard to this hotel. It is perfectly located in the centre of the city and yet an oasis of calm amid the bustle. Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the pool and was wonderful,, I would happily have brought the bed back home. Whilst the hotel is amazing, it is the hotel staff who make your stay so special. Nothing is too much bother for them - we were met at the airport by limo and the receptionist was awaiting our arrival at the hotel. She accompanied us to our room where the check-in process was completed.
If you are staying in this hotel, make sure to treat yourself to the afternoon tea which is exceptional (it's a speciality of the hotel).
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here as we were made to feel at home by the wonderful staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple