2,827 results
All reviewsopera restaurantmartini barlam sonpark loungebeautiful hotelvietnamese restaurantcolonial stylepool arealuxury hotelnice poolbreakfast buffetbusy cityspent nightsphocentral locationthe hustle and bustlethe heart of the city
Reviewed January 8, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Park Hyatt for 4 nights and absolutely loved every minute of it. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of District 1, adjacent to the Opera House and a short walking distance from other main attractions of HCMC such as City Hall, the Notre Dame Cathedral, the General Post Office and Ho Chi Minh Museum. The hotel's entrance foyer is stunning and impressive with a very friendly staff to greet you and attend to all your needs at any time. We arrived late afternoon and listened to the sound of piano being played in the adjacent Park Lounge whilst checking-in. We booked the lowest room category (i.e. Park King) which was not only surprisingly spacious, but also fitted to an extremely high standard in a distinctively French-Colonial style. We had a lovely view from our room which overlooked the garden and pool area. We were even provided with a butler who was available around the clock just a phone call away!!!

The pool, gym and spa were all conveniently located on the third floor. The gym was well equipped with some very hi-tech and modern machines that all have built-in TV screens. Separate changing rooms each have their own steam room as well as a generously-sized jacuzzi. Numerous lockers (ask for key at spa reception) each contain a pair of bamboo slippers with towels, robes and toiletries provided as well.

We opted out of the breakfast option as we felt that $18 pp wouldn't be worthwhile given we are not big eaters. However, there were plenty of options outside the hotel such as Highlands Coffee (the Vietnamese equivalent of Starbucks) just across the street or the famous Givral Cafe within a 2-minute walk. Both cafes also have a take-away counter if you don't have time for a proper sit-down meal.

Having missed on breakfast, we nevertheless enjoyed a sumptuous dinner at the hotel's Square One restaurant which serves delicious and authentic Vietnamese cuisine. The restaurant has a funky open-plan layout, so you can actually see the chefs preparing your dish while sipping a glass of wine from an extensive menu.

The Park Hyatt is quite upmarket and undoubtedly caters to the trendy, discerning and sophisticated traveller either on pleasure or business. The price differential compared to some of its neighbouring hotels definitely reflects this, but if you are looking for that added touch of class and exclusivity, then Park Hyatt Saigon is your address. I would certainly love to stay here again when we return to Saigon the next time.

• Stayed: December 2007
3  Thank minlondon
Reviewed January 6, 2008

The Park Hyatt Saigon was superb. Interestingly, this could be the best Hyatt that I have ever visited. I'm unsure whether that's because the hotel is relatively new, but for whatever reason I was very happy every second that I was in the hotel. The service is top-notch and professional, the room is very nice (especially the bathrooms), the rest of the hotel is very elegant a la contemporary Saigon chic (if you will), the pool area is quite nice and the gym could have been the best hotel gym that we saw in Vietnam. The daily breakfast was the best of all the hotels where we stayed. The western dishes such as omelettes/pancakes/waffles/etc were nice, but there was also a relatively large selection of Vietnamese breakfast dishes (compared to other hotels that might offer just a 2 or 3 Vietnamese entrees).

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben J
Reviewed January 5, 2008

We stayed at the Park Hyatt for the last 2 nights of our trip to HCMC as a bit of a treat. We didn't regret it.

The hotel and room was exactly what you would expect from a five star hotel.

Our room was a standard room but it was great and had everything we needed. It was very spacious. We were on the 6th floor and had a view looking out onto the action in Lam Son Square.

Service was impeccable. The breakfast, included in our rate, was delicious. Could not really fault anything.

The location was perfect. Close to all the main sights in District 1 and is surrounded by great restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2007

This is my second time at The Park Hyatt Saigon, and needless to say, it will be my last!

The level of service is just horrible...one (of many) examples was when I asked for a portion of my breakfast to be bagged for take away. The waiter stated that the policy is that the customers must eat what they ordered AT the restaurant and NO food can be taken out. I asked why, and was told that it was "messy" for them to prepare the box. Since breakfast is $18 per person, I could not help but feel outraged by this answer.

On a positive note, the location is central to everything, and there is a great pool to relax at. Unfortunately, with such horrible treatment by the staff, it is difficult to feel comfortable.

It is stated that this is a 5 Star property. I would say that based on my experience, it rates barely 2 Stars. Next time, I will be checking into the Sheraton Hotel across the street.

Deborah N
San Francisco, CA

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
10  Thank DeborahN
Reviewed November 9, 2007

This was my 4th stay at Park Hyatt Saigon. I will admit to being very fussy about the hotels I stay in, but PHS was excellent in most respects. Service, food quality, decor, location etc are all excellent, and this is a very "well-oiled ship", so full marks to the management. The only complaint I have is that the noise of room doors is loud, and I wish more money and intelligence had been invested in ensuring that when your neighbour goes in and out of his/her room you are not immediately aware of it. Also there appear to be a large number of rooms with interconnecting doors, and this exacerbates the noise problem - you can hear your neighbour. I'm not sure why this was a feature of the design because I would imgine this was more of a business hotel than a family orientated one. Unfortunately since its opening the hotel has become so popular they have increased the rates dramatically, so it is beginning to price itself out of range, and its popularity makes booking a room difficult. (From the hotel's perspective they will of course be delighted that putting prices up has not deterred popularity, but from my perspective, I will be more selective about where I go for R&R.)

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple