“Motivated Team & Great food /atmosphere ”
Review of Lubu Restaurant

Lubu Restaurant
Ranked #189 of 4,992 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Saigon's Thao Dien area Lubu offers a chance to leave behind the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy inspired cuisine, fine wines & fantastic service. We use the best quality produce to create a healthy nutritious menu, drawing inspiration from the great cuisines of Europe & The Mediterranean Open Tuesday to Sunday for breakfast, lunch & dinner (8.30am-10pm), or, just a great coffee, a glass of wine a cocktail or an icy cold beer with some tasty tapas.....Lubu is the place to be.
Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

Lubu restaurant in District 2 in Saigon has very motivated well trained staff that enjoy their work. The service is excellent, the food is truly fantastic and the wine cooled room offers top quality wine with the professional wine expert Elvis .
Desert are offered in unique way too ( very tempting ).

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 3, 2019

Got invited here for a birthday party, everything was perfect from food, drink, service to decoration. I'm not paid but my friend paid for his party and i saw the bill a little bit high, just a little bit, not much. Still good for everyone want to try it.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

What I like best about lubu is the Mediterranean interiors. The white walls and the long bar give it a very vacationey feel. While the menu has a wide variety of options my favourite is the humble Souvalaki. It’s very easy to just stick to Tapas there as well. For a lot of their dishes you have the option of ordering either starter or main portions. Vegetarians too can rest easy it’s a place many of my vegetarian friends suggest and I have heard the raving bout the Phalaphals and the Patatas bravas. The desert unfortunately was nothing to talk about, a soufflé that just tasted eggy. And when we told the waitress she got all upset about it and it wasn’t as though we were sending it back but just letting them know. On many weekend evenings I can hear the music from there in my home and often think we should have our own party to the lubu music which I really enjoy. And then I happen to bump into Sabine who plays the violin on Sunday nights at a friends party, small world in our small bubble. Lubu scores high on service usually, atmosphere and food, not cheap but it does bring a little of Greece to Saigon.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank xpatxplorerandfoodie
Jimvino, Owner at Lubu Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Hi,

Thank you so much for your review of Lubu. It is great to hear that your enjoy our food.

I can see from your pictures that you souflee was not as it should be. I am sorry that the waitstaff did not understand your point. I will have a word with the staff about this to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

Cheers and thank you again for your feedback.

Jim

Reviewed April 29, 2019

Clean and fresh atmosphere, food is quite good, not the best but easy to eat. Staffs were okay, can be more smiling.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

I like this restaurant.
Intimate, ambient, quiet. I like the atmosphere.
Food and service is good and down to earth.
Good people watching too.

Date of visit: April 2019