“Unforgettable Japanese in Vietnam”

Ichiba Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 3,578 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Please note Ichiban Sushi Vietnam is located at 204 Le Lai, District 1.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Very rarely has a dining experience impressed me enough to warrant posting a positive review. So surprising after eating at Ichiban Sushi I am now writing about my great experience there!
The owners at Ichiban Sushi (2 brothers) are American/Vietnamese so they can speak fluent English and Vietnamese. They were very helpful in recommending dishes which they thought I would enjoy. I love sashimi and was delighted to see such a huge variety (more than I am accustomed to at Japanese restaurants in Melbourne). I especially enjoyed their raw clam sashimi (there were 2 types) which I have never tried anywhere else before. I also loved the restaurant's signature "Mr Van" maki rolls and a dish where they wrapped U.S. beef around enoki mushrooms.
The good service combined with the amazing food had me coming back there more than once. Highly recommended!!!

3  Thank James L

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I love Ichiban Sushi at the first time I came here, feel like at home, or a bar, not only a restaurant. When you came here, you will enjoy not only a wide variety of delicious and fresh sushi, but also cool music and good drinks in a nicely decorated space. I always recommend this place to anyone I meet. Every Saturday night, I often have dinner and drink some shots here with my friends before we hang out at club. Therefore, we become the owner's friends, it's Mr. Dan. He's very friendly and funny. Trust me, you will have lots of fun here.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was used to dine at other places before coming here. Before, it's hard to say if the fish is fresh or not as it is quite similar. But It was totally different when I tried the first piece. It is superb fresh! The boss is the most friendly guy I have ever met. I just asked for fun if we could take one piece of each sashimi among 15 different kinds of them. He seriously asked the chef to bring me the whole boat with 2 pieces for each with 50% off. What a customer service!

Another day, I brought my Japanese clients to the restaurant. They told me the taste is almost the same as it in Japan and they absolutely love it.

After chilling for awhile, we took a "sake bomb". I got a clip here. you guys will understand what I mean: www.youtube.com/watch?v=66eX_LJ1xkk‎

1  Thank Aaronmai
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I came with my wife, the place is just normal and with a bad music background. they don't accept credit card.and I still feel that just average. not again for me.

1  Thank donmy
daniel p, Owner at Ichiba Sushi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Hello Donmy,

Thank you for your review of Ichiban Sushi Vietnam. These are valid points and these items have been addressed.

During our first month at 204 Le Lai, we were in the process of getting Visa\MC (credit card) system approval. This process have been approved and we now have credit card system in place for our customers.

As for music, on our main floor, we play more of an upbeat "happy" Old school Deep House mix. On our 2nd floor, we have more of an easy listening style for our laid back and family customers. In the future, we'll also have a 3rd floor where we might make that room more of a customer's request.

I'm sorry to hear that your visit was just average. Please contact me at anhdazman@gmail.com so that I can better serve your group on your next visit. Although our Grand Opening special will soon end, I will make sure to give your group a special 30% off and make your next trip more pleasurable. I will personally give you all of my special recommendations and have a few special items for you and a guest. Once again, thank you for your feed back and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Daniel Phan

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We had the yellowtail sashimi and Van rolls at the owner's recommendation and were amazed at how fresh the sushi is! The service was also excellent. Happy camper here... I will definitely be coming back!

1  Thank JellyLe