“Insist for a receipt for the proof of your purchase”
Review of Diamond Plaza

Diamond Plaza
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I shopped at this department store on the 28th December 2012, approx. 430 p.m.
At the “Nautica department” I asked one of the staff if I could have a discount on one of the jumper I liked. It happens that there was a local customer man with good English who heard the conversation and after some local language between them then translated to me saying the staff informed him to tell me that there will be a sale tomorrow of 30% off the retail price. He then said that the staffs are willing to offer me the deal cash only if only purchase today. I accepted the deal and think that this could be part of a good customer service. I bought the jumper and gave the girl 931,000 VND which is at 30% discount of the retail price of 1,329.000 VND. When I requested a receipt of the purchase, the staff said that this transaction would be registered tomorrow on the day of the sale and no receipt to be issued today but I still insisted to have a receipt for proof of purchase. The girl said to wait for her whom I did for about 5 minutes and the other girl staff at the shop said that should be fine saying no problem and I took the decision to leave the store.
On arrival at my hotel I noticed that there was an anti-theft device tag in the bag. That makes me think of what would have happened to me if the alarm sounded when I exited the store as there was no receipt for the proof of the purchase?
In conclusion: I hope that this was a genuine sale and the store staffs did the right thing by entering the money to the cash register for that transaction and I also urge to make sure having a receipt for proof of purchase, no matter what the deal is.

2  Thank 242,756
"central post office"
in 4 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 14, 2012

As a mall, I admit that there's nothing too special about Diamond Plaza, but as a place to live, it's great! First I'll talk about a few parts of the mall we like, then about the apartments.

The lower floors (1,2,3) of the mall, are, as others have mentioned, unremarkable - fairly expensive name brand purses, glasses, clothing, etc. at prices you might as well pay in your home country. But if you live here as an expatriate, it is worth noting that one can indeed buy "western" brands of makeup, sheets and towels, Clarks shoes, nice suitcases, etc. at Diamond Plaza (can't find those just anywhere!). The part we like, though, starts on the 4th floor.On that floor is a food court, a grocery store, some restaurants, and a bakery. The grocery store has quite a few "western" products plus some produce, ice cream bars, cold drinks, beer, wine, hard liquor, etc. The bakery is good and has various breads, rolls, cakes, both savory and sweet items. (The French influence on Viet Nam is obvious here!) We sometimes go to the Pizza Hut here. The 5th floor has a bowling alley, arcade games, KFC, and a nice New York Cafe as well as an ice cream shop. There is a nice outdoor terrace they've added on the roof of the building next door but they aren't really utilizing it well yet. You can go outside, but there are few places to sit and little shade. Maybe they'll fix this up later. Floors 6-12 are offices of various companies. But our favorite part is the 13th floor. There is a 3 screen movie theater which often has 1 or 2 of the latest movies in English and at a good price - the equivalent of $3 or $3.50 for a seat! (We recommend you bring earplugs as they really crank up the volume because the Vietnamese often talk through the whole movie as they are just reading the subtitles! With earplugs you can hear the soundtrack but it dims out the Vietnamese being spoken around you. You can get popcorn and drinks outside the theater and unlike some places in Asia, you can eat and drink in the theater and it has nice theater seats with drink holders. Also, there is a very nice gym with great attendants, modern, well kept equipment, an expansive view of the city, and nice locker rooms with saunas.

There are 7 floors of apartments in the Diamond Plaza highrise and they are quite nice. The apartments are furnished (has dishes, washing machine, refrigerator - everything, really) and "serviced" so a cleaning staff comes in 6 days a week and takes out the trash, cleans the floors, bathrooms, changes towels, do a brief dusting and kitchen cleaning, etc. Sheets are changed 3 times each week. There are apartments from 1 bedroom - 4 bedrooms with additional office, so there is one for every size of family and need. We shipped in some furniture, but we mostly use that provided by Diamond Plaza, which is nice furniture in neutral colors. We punched it up a bit by adding our own artwork and carpets plus a few Asian style furnishings. And, of course, being expatriates, we shipping in our kitchen items, clothing, books, computers, etc. We have one of the larger apartments and enjoy our office and storeroom a lot. The furnishings are pretty classic, the floors marble in the living area and bathrooms, and carpet in the bedrooms. The air conditioners are in wooden built in cabinets under the expansive windows, so are more like furniture than the intrusive room air conditioners up near the ceiling on your walls. Maintenance and staff here are excellent.

1  Thank ScoutKatie
Reviewed July 13, 2012

-We expect something different in the malls here, unfortunately it is almost same expensive brands, luxury items, with the same prices we have in our country (middle east)

if you need to buy well know brands, it is better to buy from your country to enjoy the guarantee at least.

2  Thank Ramy_Mourad
Reviewed April 16, 2012

A sterile lifeless shopping centre with more staff than customers. Walk on buy unless you are starved for designer labels. On the plus side the food hall is clean with a bit of choice (avoid between 11:45 and 1:30 when all the office workers flood in.

4  Thank Andrew C