“Good location, clean dorms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Suite Backpackers Inn - Saigon Center

Suite Backpackers Inn - Saigon Center
london
“Good location, clean dorms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was a well located hostel, near to all the main attractions and the friendly staff gave me some great tips on where to go.

Clean dorm and bathrooms, good air con, amazing showers with giant shower head.

My only criticism is that there wasn't a common area to hang out like a bar or cafe like many of the other hostels I have stayed in. This made it a bit harder to meet people, especially as those in my dorm didn't speak English.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hoi An, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I booked for one night but stayed four nights in the end. There was so much to see in Saigon and I really liked this hostel!

Central location (direct in the backpackersarea so it's quite touristy), spacious and clean dorm (the cleanest dorm I've had in Vietnam!!) for a good price, enough toilets and showers and lovely staff. Every day again they were very interested in what I did that day. You can also book tours, busses etc here because it's also a travel agency. When I would go back to Saigon I would definitely stay again in this hostel!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I've been on my travels for 3 months, and this place has been the best hostel so far.

Beds are good, rooms are spacious with good air con, and the place as a whole is really clean.

Lee is a cool guy, always happy to help with your questions, and will probably join you in a beer or two.

However the star of the show is Quang, I'm sure he will start to get more mentions. Let me in at all hours, he's a rock!

Great location too, book it!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Overall it was a good stay. But when we arrived they said that they were overbooked (we had booked over a month ago), and that earlier this day they gave a way 2 bunk beds to some other people that just walked in because they thought we would not want them. They took us to some other hotel nearby that was not nearly as nice or as vibrant. We just said no and walked back to the hostel. After some time they said, well we have one room but its a single bed, not twin bed. Which we did not mind at all and had said that to them earlier. So all this fuzz was for nothing. But we got to our room and really liked it. It was cozy and the staff turned out to be really nice and helpful. We were always greeted with a smile, and the hotel was really close to the nightlife and where the bus stopped. So we could walk almost anywhere. Just be aware of the clubs there, they will charge you a service charge of 20-30% somewhere. Even though they tell you no in the beginning :) But overall we liked Saigon and this hostel :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hue, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Staff are polite, very warm and friendly. And I can vouch for that especially the two night shift guys as shared by one commentator. Always with a warm smile and ready to help. They are very helpful, knowledgeable and speaks English quite well. Environment is comfortable with positive vibes. Room, beds and facilities are clean.

As to prices, while looking around in the neighborhood it is one of the best prices for accommodation or package tours I find. Don't take my word, go and check around.

I certainly recommend my friends and people the stay there. Personally I will go back there again whenever I am in Saigon.

In totality, given the service, staff friendliness, effectiveness of communication, competitive price and tour packages, the safe as well as comfortable environment, I believe it can be quite hard to beat. See for yourself!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Staffs always have big smile on their face. Beds are tidy and comfort. Big locker for each visitor(That's very important for someone travel alone like me).
24hrs security are spot-on. Especially the night shift guy are very sweet and helpful, even help to carry my backpack to the bus stop to get the mid-night sleeping bus to Da Lat.
On my last day back to HK. Reception help me to exchange all the VND back to USD in gd rate too. That's so convenient for me.

• Stayed May 2014
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

The staff are very friendly and helpful. They also help us book tour to Cu Chi and bus going to Cambodia. You could hear the bars outside but I was still able to sleep. The got the mixed dorm and it was really clean and I love the free breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends