“Friendly and comfortable”

Windsor Plaza Hotel
Ranked #47 of 468 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My 2nd stay here. A very pleasant hotel in busy district 5. The shuttle bus service is great for getting to Ben Thanm markets easy enough. The rooms are comfortable (I stayed in an executive room). But probably are showing a little bit of wear and tear

Even though there were renovations happening - they did not impact on my stay at all.
Good dining choices within and around the hotel. .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Your review of your second stay with us was indeed most welcome. You, like many of our quests, again highlighted the convenience of our complementary shuttle service from the Hotel to destination points in the CBD. Our renovation and upgrades of our rooms is ongoing and I am glad to hear that this was not distubing to you during your stay, we try as best we can to carry out this work without disturbance to our quests. Thank you again and I hope we will welcome you back for a third stay.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

At arrival we received a room that was terrible smelly
We asked to change the room because it was impossible to stay at that room
After arguing foe about 15 munutes we asked to see a senior manager and finally get an other room. It was on the executive floor and we where informed that we cannot enjoy ane privalages of this floor which of course was O.K
The strange thing was that on all thus floors a free WIFI is available. The service center just made it not available
They told au that WIFI is available at the business center and the moment we asked for the password they announced us thar the WIFI is not free all over the hotel
Rennovation where maid and works continued above the promissed hours
Service and staff where very bad

Room Tip: untill renovation are completed try an other hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank DK5179
WindsorPlaza, Rooms Division Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time posting your feedback about your stay.
I regret indeed that you have experienced a problem with the quality and condition of your room upon arrival, how the matter has been handled as well as that you were disturbed by renovation noise.
We were looking very carefully into all details and have addressed the single issues internally, avoiding that similar problems are occurring again to our guests.
Please accept my sincere apology for the negative experiences.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had a really enjoyable 3 night stay at the Windsor Plaza. We were made to feel exceptionally welcomed and valued as guests which is somewhat lacking in a lot of Western hotels. We were staying in the Executive rooms and the small amount extra that we paid seemed to be reflected in the service levles.

The club was nice. Only a chice of one red and one white vietnamese wine but a good choice of food.

Our room was comfortable, especially the bed. A lot of beds in Vietnam have particularly hard mattresses and although the mattress was firm, it was comfortable.

Only one issue , and that was the noise level on the Saturday night. Renovations were in progress and we could hear banging and clattering well into the night. Eventually we called reception and they rectified the issue straight away. We were also close tothe lift shaft which was noisy so asked for a room change the next day which was accommodated without fuss.

We ate most of our meals at the restaurants in the hotel which were of a high standard and very reasonable.

We used the spa quite extensively and the treatments were very reasonably priced and professional.

Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for your review of your stay and by reading you certinally experienced true Vietnamese Hosptality.We strive to ensure all of our guests receive the very best and even with some slight hiccups, which were remedied, your stay with us was indeed enjoyable.We consider all reviews submitted by our guests very carefully and take action, where necessary, to ensure they don't occur again. Thank you for staying with us and I sincerely trust we will have the pleasure of your company again.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Convenient if you are travelling by tour. They also have shuttle bus service to travel to places like amigos, ben thanh market and few others.

Comfortable room and clean. The toilet is also perfect. Only that I could not feel the aircon much when its on Fan 1 level. It will become better if I changed it to Fan 2 and decrease the volume abit. The air ventilation seems to be something that they could improve about it. It is also same for the dining area. And there is no wifi access. You have to pay usd75 to use the wifi and the business centre. Luckily we were there only for 2 nights. As u know, nowadays we just need the internet to access to the world!! The top bar view and location was also great and had a good view at night, drink with my colleagues.
Anyway, this is a comfortable hotel with an average price. Worth the stay.

Room Tip: I had a room for single with average size bed actually can fit 2 persons. I saw my colleague's r...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Like all reviews we receive we welcome your most valued comments and areas that you have expressed concern will be addressed. I trust you will be making a reurn visit to Vietnam and we at Windsor Plaza Hotel will be here to serve you.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Even before I arrived, the service was great. I had emailed the hotel to request for a hotel transfer from the airport and in less than 24 hours I received a response and was able to book our transportation with no problems. They provided very clear instructions on who to look for and how everything will be charged.

Overall, I really enjoyed my very short stay at the Windsor (less than 12 hours). The room I booked came with a complimentary 30 minute foot massage. Because we arrived quite late (almost 11pm), the staff at first said we could not get our massages however, they double checked and we were able to get them (so needed it after being on the plane for more than 24 hours). The restaurant was open late and served pretty good food. The restaurant staff was also really friendly even though it was 1am.

The rooms are nice, clean and decent size. Coming from the US, I'm used to having the air-conditioning on freezing cold so the rooms were a bit warmer than I expected but realize that this is how it is - just an FYI. The beds are comfy and I definitely slept well.

My family had stayed here a couple of days before us and they also really enjoyed their stay. Their room package was much better - they booked the executive room and this includes breakfast on the top floor and you'll get more personalized service during your meals.

Tip:
- Highly recommend the executive suite option with the breakfast included. You'll have breakfast on the top floor and won't have to join the masses at the restaurant by the lobby
- FYI - Decor is bit over the top so if you like minimalist modern, this place is not for you

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LM1708
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Yourr eview of your stay most most welcome and I am delighted to read that your online reservation was handled so professionally and all your requirements were met. Your stay was indeed short and I sincerly trust you will stay with us again hopefully for a little longer,

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This gorgeous hotel was recommended to us and with good reason. Grand building, fantastic facilities and simply flawless service. Don't even think about NOT upgrading to Executive level... seriously, VIP check in/out, plus happy 2 hour on the 24th level is unbeatable - only drawback is that there is no room left to eat dinner. Private tours can be arranged with ease downstairs, and location is great, plus there is a complimentary shuttle around town. Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Your review of your stay with us was indeed a delight to receive, you realy discovered your "Home Away From Home", coupled with true Vietnamese Hosptality. We strive to ensure that all our guests not only enjoy there stay with us but take with them wonderful memories of there visit to a truly remarkable Country. We do look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was an excellent hotel. The next time I am in Saigon, I will definitely stay at the Windsor Plaza hotel. The rooms were comfortable, the breakfast on the 25th floor, especially the Pho and the eggs florentine were delicious and the evening snacks in the executive lounge on the 24th floor were excellent. This hotel even helped me book train tickets and then helped me change those tickets when I had some problems due to typhoon in the central coast!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank krish1108
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Your review of your stay with us was indeed a delight to receive, you certinaly experienced true Vietnamese Hospitality. We all know that travel situations can change, sometmes in the twinkling of an eye. and that's when you need assistance and help, which you recieved from our staff. Your review, like all that we receive, are most valued. We look forward to your return, Vietnam has indeed a lot to offer.