“diamond for sure”

Blue Diamond Signature Hotel
Ranked #140 of 466 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We spent 2 nights here. The hotel is fairly new and very modern. Great location, walking distance to a lot of the cities attractions such as the post office and notre dame cathedral. Shopping and restaurants galore. We really liked the Japanese area because of the food, great sushi place down the road. If you want something else besides pho, lol. For 35 dollars a night, the rooms were clean, quite, good size and all the amenities. The hotel will help you book excursions and from what I saw cheaper, a lot cheaper than saigon tourists. I read about the bellboy, who we met right away, Tran or his english name "Jack". He was very helpful, decent english and definatley a harder worker than his peers. Jack was all over the place and I had a lot of time for him. I would stay here again.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Recently spent 4 nights at this hotel. I stumbled upon this hotel while doing my research. Unfortunately, it's not ranked as high as it really should be due to how new the hotel is. Excellent hotel for its price - one of the best values I've seen. It is in a great location in District 1 and within walking distance to most of the tourist sites. Tons of restaurants, coffee shops within walking distance.

We arrived late at night this hotel and I think our taxi driver had a bit of trouble finding the exact location on the street (again, probably due to how new the hotel is). We were parked on the other side of the street in front of another hotel. Immediately, a staff member came to assist us. I assumed he was from the hotel that we were parked in front of, but he actually was from Blue Diamond Signature and instantly helped with our bags. Not sure how he knew it was us, but that's what I call customer service. Great first impression.

Hotel is brand new so everything was new and clean. We stayed in a deluxe room - a bit on the small side, but room was exactly as advertised. A steal of a deal at the price point. Breakfast was included in our room rate - it was decent and and included both western and Vietnamese flavor. Not great, but I can't but emphasis enough how great the price point was and great way to start the day.

Hotel also has a small gym that had a few machines - it was nice and clean. I never saw anyone in it so if you plan on using it, you'll have it all to yourself!

Also, tons of reliable Vinasun taxi's parked on the street throughout the day. Never had an issue with transportation and hotel staff will assist as well.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near all the best places. It's within walking distance of the main attractions in the city. The staff were always helpful, and the breakfast is amazing. Restaurants near the hotel however are a bit expensive. Take a ten minute stroll to find some cheap decent food.

1  Thank sooty3000
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is simply the most incredible hotel I’ve stayed at in HCMC. I’m an Asian-American lawyer and come to Vietnam frequently for business. I’ve already stayed in 3 other hotels, all of which are at least 3 stars. They are all fine, except this is the best-valued hotel in my opinion. As such, Blue Diamond Signature is where I will stay in the future because of the following reasons:

1. Staff:
This is the main reason I love staying here. The staff is warm, friendly, and experienced in the hotel industry. They all remembered my name. We even became friends since I stayed here for quite a long time. I look forward to coming back here just to see them. They helped me with all my questions from local restaurants to travel issues, and where to get the best deals on things I wanted to buy. They all speak English very well. I’m also a part-time English teacher certified in TESL, so I know how to assess English level and I can say they speak English at an advanced level. But most importantly, they genuinely want you to enjoy your time here. So they take the time to make you smile and ask you how your day was. It was like I was at home with my own family. I can’t wait to see them again in summer 2014.

2. Rooms:
Since the hotel is new, the room still smells new. I’ve stayed in their Premium Superior Rooms and Deluxe Rooms. Their rooms are nicely lit in such a way that is brings a relaxing feeling after a long day. The beds are nice and soft. The pillows are fluffy and hug your head as you sleep. The windows let in nice air (which is important to note because some hotels don’t have windows). Each room provides you with more than enough workspace. The internet connection is stronger than other hotels I’ve stayed at. Their TVs are all high quality plasma TVS.

3. Breakfast buffet:
The buffet was complimentary with the room. The chef will cook all your breakfast desires from Pho to omelets. There are also the daily salads, Vietnamese dishes, and desserts.

4. Location:
It is conveniently located in their Japanese district. So there are a lot of amazing Japanese restaurants in addition to the many Vietnamese restaurants in the area. Also close by are: Saigon River, Vincom Center, Ben Thanh Market.

5. Rates:
The 4-5 star hotels in the area are not worth it. If you want a good deal on a wonderful hotel, then please consider this hotel as the rates are reasonable and affordable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Marc S
Reviewed January 7, 2014

1. When I check in, they do not have large bed, which I specified on the booking. The guy told me, only for tonight, the next day will have and will change for me. I accepted.

Next day, they then change their story and told me its full. Asked me pay US$30 per night to upgrade. My son and I are large size and we really needed the larger (queen size only, not king) bed. So we were reluctant but accepted.

The so called luxury room on the front of the hotel was very very noisy and nearly no sound proofing. Right off, we felt cheated.

2. I went to try the spa. Foot massage. Quite cheap. However, the girl thought I was sleeping and she practically stop while sitting on top of me. When I pretended to move a little, she started massage again. When I make some humming sound, she stopped again. When I went off, she even start there waiting for more tip. (Tip is already included in the package fee). So you're better off going to the famous Golden Lotus next door.

3. Then, I encountered a serious and grave problem with the hotel during my stay. One evening, I came back to the hotel with my friend (she did not even go into the hotel before or after we met). She took her motorbike and was ready to go off when the bellboy came and ask her rudely how much she cost (in Vietnamese language and insinuating she is a prostitute!) I did not know what happened and my friend left hurriedly and angrily. When she reach home, then she told me the truth. My friend and I were both greatly insulted. My friend was labelled as a prostitute by the hotel bellboy. And I was labelled a man calling a prostitute.
Goodness gracious me, how could a hotel employee be so rude and insulting to its guests?? This is totally unacceptable. The hotel staff and management gave excuses after excuses. However they have CCTV footage to show that my friend left angrily. They would not dare to show me and kept insisting that the bellboy asked about the price of my friend's motorbike?
(1. Why would a Vietnamese man ask a Vietnamese woman about motorbike price?? 2. If so happened, why would my friend left angrily)??

You're better off staying nearby. Many nice hotels along Thi Sach and Van Thai Lung. Do not fall into my plight of this horrendous experience with a low life hotel.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel if you like quietness.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank LorenzSingapore
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Being someone in the hospitality industry myself ...i am very particular about the hotels I stay in. But The staff at Blue Diamond Signature Hotel has left me very impressed and happy to know that there is still hope for excellent service from the heart.

Bellman (sorry I can't recall his name) was awesome, friendly and very helpful. He speaks good English too. Only recommendation I would say is that the 2 ladies in the front desk to improve their English skills...because it could get a bit difficult trying to ask/tell them something .... Thank goodness for the BELLMAN AGAIN. =)

Thank you for the complimentary upgrade...it was a nice surprise =D I was upgraded to a premium double if i am not mistaken. It will definitely be the room I take the next time I visit.

Thank you to all the staff there and do keep up the awesome job!

Room Tip: if you are one that loves space...do take the Premium Double... gorgeous room and has a bath :)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dolphania
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Hotel looks like new. it was clean and well kept. Hotel located in distric 1 so all sights was reached by foot. Staff was really friendly and helpful. There was plenty of choices in buffet breakfast. Only minus is that we didin have any window in our room and room was quite small.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple