“Nice place, full healthy, positive and nurturing energy!”
Review of Ru Restaurant

Ru Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 3,448 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ru - v. to rock; to sing a lullaby to sleep Reminisce, Rediscover, Reinvent. Here, at ru. pho bar, we take the utmost pride; from conception, to preparation, and presentation, for each and every dish, preserving old family recipes from past generations and recapturing lost authentic Vietnamese flavors from a time before 1975. Conceptually, we specialize in the variability of pho rice noodles; whether it be served with soup base, fried, or rolled, exploiting the many uses of this country's staple food. This is truly a hidden gem in Vietnam for countless reasons: beautiful artistic setting, Zen-like ambience, and traditional yet relevant dishes. You can rest assured in knowing that our chef uses only the best in select organic products, and high quality Australian beef, without ever any use of flavor enhancing additives such as MSG, or added preservatives, setting us apart from any other typical local restaurant located in Vietnam. Hunt for this hidden gem! Admittedly not easy to find, we are purposely situated beyond the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City, along the northern outskirts of District 1. Located near the infamous pink church and behind the Tan Dinh Market; perpendicular to Tran Nhat Duat facing Dang Tat, residing in Alley 27. When you see the Blue Moon Restaurant and the Asian High School, you are in the right area! Look out for Alley 27 between those two spots, with Saigon Academy down the alley facing us. Remember that nothing worth having comes easy... ru. pho bar ...Where True Vietnamese Flavors Meet a Touch of Modern Flair No MSG, No Preservatives, Select Organic Products, and High Quality Australian Beef Open Everyday from 10am-10pm
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is the place I choose to entertain and welcome my precious guests and clients. Besides, this can be a best place to have a peaceful and cozy meal with family, firen

3  Thank Quoc Cuong N

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I went for lunch. The place does have its reputation. The pho was very tasty, it was not very salty and didn't have MSG. The spring roll wrap was delicious, and the tofu dessert was awesome. I'll come back anytime!!! The owners miss Nga and mr. Chuong are very nice too :)

2  Thank VT L
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Best food ive had im vietnam. The staff are more than welcoming, the manager and owner and the best!

The food is great. Couldnt asl for anything better!! Cheap as hell and the best service you could ask for :)

Definitely coming back here if I travel back to vietnam

3  Thank Moe H
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I'm actually sad I did not find it sooner as we only discovered Ru the day my party departed home. The food was magnificent, unadulterated, and delicious. The service was so attentive that my friends jokes that we had our own personal waitstaff. You honestly could not ask for more.

The manager explained that this was the owner's attempt to recreate the food and the atmosphere of old Saigon. According to the patrons, she has succeeded.

If ever I am lucky enough to come back to Saigon, I will come back to Ru. It's not to be missed!

2  Thank Dernyul
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Soup was really good. Nice flavor, perfect size portion, not super oily/filled with MSG so didn't feel like I had to nap afterwards.

My co pilot ordered the veggie pho, but it wasn't what we expected. Instead of soup, it was pan fried noodles with veggies (this is not made clear on the menu - it's labeled 'pho' just like the soups). She wanted soup, so the manager came over and very kindly offered to replace her order at no charge. They even threw in a free desert because of the misunderstanding.

It's a bit hard to find, but once you do it's well worth it. In a really cool building and off the beaten path, away from all of the t shirt sellers, etc.