“Quality Suit & Service at an Affordable Price”

Phan's Custom Tailor
Ranked #7 of 306 Shopping in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We specialize in selling and tailoring fashion clothing for men and women .Our products are either designed by Phan or carefully chosen from other famous fashion designers and clothing lines. Our product range from men and women's suit, shirts, uniforms,dresses to accessories such as neck-tie, bow-tie, and handkerchief. Our customers are foreigners who lives and works in Viet Nam, and people who travel to Viet Nam for a while, and those Vietnamese who successful in their life. Come to Phan's Custom Tailor, you will have many options to choose from a wide variety of fabrics and many different styles with excellent quality. Along with quality products and satisfaction guaranteed customer service, we also offer permanently record of your measurement and order history, enabling you to re-order at any time. Our shop are staffed with many experienced and professional tailors. Your order can be made in the shortest time with the best care and quality. The service of tailoring within 4 days a
Reviewed October 25, 2016

Having not regularly worn a suit in 2-3 years, I decided to still get a custom suit made while in HCMC. The reviews for Phan's stood out the most to me on TripAdvisor, so I decided to trust them with making my suit.

We went into the storefront without a previous appointment to get measured for a two-piece suit. After letting them know that we did not have an appointment and were heading out of town ~4 hours later that same day, they managed to quickly take all of our measurements, help decide what color for the fabric, and the jacket lining.

Flash forward to two weeks after the initial measurement and we were back at Phan's trying on our newly made suits. My friend's jacket & pants fit very well, whereas my pants were a little too tight around my thighs. So, Phan's made a chalk note on the pants and adjusted them appropriately. The very next day, the suits were dropped off at our hotel. The pants fit perfectly!

I'm looking forward to going back to Phan's the next time I am back in Ho Chi Minh City.

5  Thank Cory T
in 66 reviews
"tuxedo"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

We ordered a suit - 2 pcs. First we came to choose the rabric and take measurement, and then by our request we came 3 weeks later for measurments, and a days after it was perfectly ready. Ly was very helpfull and understood what we want we, she have us many suggestions on the way, she was very professional.
The suit turned out better than we expected and for a fair price. We higly recommend them!
Tnx, Ran and Raya

2  Thank Ranisrael
Reviewed October 13, 2016

I would definitely recommend visiting Phan's if you're looking for a tailor. The prices are reasonable, and the quality is excellent for the price. The staff are knowledgeable, helpful, and efficient. I had a suit, 2 pairs of pants, and 4 shirts made, and everything fit perfectly after the second fitting.

I will definitely go back to Phan's next time we're in HCMC.

2  Thank kirstgaryjennings
Reviewed October 7, 2016 via mobile

Having heard such good reviews, I went in to order a shirt and trousers, just to try them out.

I was told that they won't be able to do a fitting for the shirt in the time that I had (3 days, I went in on Saturday morning and would be leaving Monday afternoon) but they could do the trousers and have the fitting either that evening or Sunday morning (amazingly quick turnaround time if you ask me).

I decided to go ahead and give them blind trust for the shirt as well, to be done with not fitting, and have the whole package shipped to me.

I received my clothes a week later, and what truly surprised me was the shirt. It fit perfectly, with ample room for movement, and great attention to detail. All buttons lined up perfectly, with no crinkle between the last two buttons when all have been done up and the stitching is very finely done.

Fabric is, for the price paid, of good quality and great value. The same shirt alone where I'm from (Singapore) would have cost me USD80-100. I paid ~USD102 for the shirt and pants, with an additional USD29 for shipping.

I did a similar thing with another well known tailor in HCMC for travelers, but that experience didn't turn out so well. The shirt came with detailing missing, and it was ill-fitting.

I definitely know which tailor I'll be going back to in the future.

Great job Phan's!

4  Thank Benedict A
See more reviews
Reviewed October 2, 2016

Phan's did such a great job with my 3-piece suit. This is the first tailored suit I got and I'm very happy with it. I actually had a second suit done at a nearby tailors which sounded good as well and I really wish I'd gotten them both done at Phan's.

I came in with a good idea of what I had in mind; I wanted a very professional men's style suit that minimized "feminine curves". I'm not a fan of the trivial, "cute", or decorative styles often assume that women like, and I hate when tailors/designers use pleating to fit suits to a female figure. I made this all really clear to the woman helping me (Zoey).
She was very helpful and didn't make any comments about my style preferences other than confirming what I wanted, which I appreciated.

I just love the finished product. The vest, especially, is expertly crafted and looks wonderful, fitting my figure well without extra frills or pleats. I love the fancy inside pockets in my blazer. I asked for extra buttons in the pants to have a looser option, and this has been very useful as well. We did have to do alterations two times and I'm glad I had the time to get that done. The product was delivered on time, in a nice suit bag, and completely finished.

Regarding the other tailor I got my second suit from (not Phan's! Phan's is wonderful), I don't want to name the other tailor because that's not productive, but I got a white button up shirt in addition to a suit there and the tailor used orange chalk everywhere and it still hasn't come off. The shirt has these ridiculous tiny women's pockets on it and I still haven't used it because I really don't like it. The vest they made is an awkward style for a woman's figure, and when I mentioned the awkward fit the tailor got defensive and verbally aggressive. I couldn't even fit into the pants they made at all and had to get these substantially altered. Also, the service was sub par; when I went in for my fitting, the tailor hadn't even bothered to open up the buttonholes I needed to try things on, and there were loose ends everywhere. Nothing was ready.

If I could go back and change my decision and buy everything from Phan's I would. Thank you for your professionalism and for the great suit!

For future customers, I'd suggest considering the following:

> Give yourself enough time. Even with the best tailor ever, you'll probably want to make adjustments, maybe even 2-3 times. Let yourself enjoy the experience by giving yourself enough time to make all adjustments. Also, book the last adjustment in advance of your flight date in case you need to come back for a last touch-up.
> I had two pants done and they both ran slim. If you really want traditional American-style slacks, make sure you make this very clear.
>Do your research before coming in the first time. You'll get the most out of your experience if you know what you want. Phan's can customize everything (from my experience with them): types of pockets, numbers, interior pockets, buttons, lining, etc etc.
>Bring your own lining if you want something extra snazzy. I wish I'd picked out something from the fabric market just for the lining, a real loud paisley or something along those lines. It might be worth the time. They also don't have a wide selection of tweed or heavy winter materials; this can be found in a local fabric market as well (check with Phan's ahead of time to see how much you'd need for your height and weight).

I hope to post pictures shortly!

5  Thank Takemyusername_PE