Message from Tripadvisor:Temporarily closed
Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
The only place I go to get my suits.

I have been coming to Phan's for 3 years. They have a new location in the Vinhomes area. I am a big... read more

Reviewed April 8, 2021
deanw812
via mobile
Awesome Tailor, Great Experience

The suit I bought was a great price, cut perfectly and was ready within the promised time frame. I... read more

Reviewed March 18, 2020

from $28.00
from $59.00
from $9.24
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

My fiancé writes this review:

I received my suit and some short sleeve shirts this week from Phan's. The quality was excellent and the cut of the suit was far superior to other tailored Hong Kong suits to date. I received very good service from Ahn on the two attendances I had (one measuring, one fitting). On the fitting (3 days after measuring- very grateful for their efforts and my apologies for the tight schedule) the suit jacket was half constructed and fit well, and the pants fit perfectly, with a minor adjustment of one eighth an inch up on the leg hem, which was probably me just being fussy. The final suit, received this week, fits beautifully, by far the nicest suit I've ever bought. I had two pants made with the one coat (pants always wear out before coat) at $345 US. I bought very nice Italian wool. My advice is to get upper end fabric- the craftsmanship deserves it.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

My classmates and I were in search of a quality suit and shirts while visiting Saigon. Our hotel led us to Phan's, and we were skeptical at first...but we were quickly won over. Ly and team took very good care of us, from our first rambling encounter over fabric choices through our second fitting that felt truly made for us. The team was accommodating, kind, and knowledgeable regarding style, fit, and finish. Toward the end, Ly was giving us as good as she got, playing the role of cheeky service person. Maybe she was ready to be rid of the silly Americans...but she played the role well and was able to focus on the task at hand. Overall, it was a fantastic experience. We had to ship ours home, and it was a reasonable $42 for the privilege. Turnaround was quick in that manner, as I expected to receive my materials 2 weeks from now. Lo and behold, they were waiting for me on my desk at work my first Monday back. Pay the extra money and visit Phan's. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed August 27, 2016

Worked with Ly to get two custom blazers in ~2 days. She was fantastic and very helpful with fabric and style selection. They have a large number of fabric choices and prices are very reasonable. Much better experience than places in I've used in Hong Kong.

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this business, the whole experience brought a smile to my face every time I walked in. The service was incredibly friendly.

As for the suit that was completed today for me, I'm so happy with it. It oozes quality and craftsmanship, and it fits so, so well. The suit was fully bespoke. I also had 2 shirts made for me, both of which fitted perfectly. All in all, they fitted me and they look better than anything I've worn before.

They also keep measurements on file, which is great because I know for certain that I will be ordering more

Five stars.

1  Thank 492roryl
Reviewed July 29, 2016

This is my first review on Trip Advisor and I felt compelled to leave a review after the great service and final products I received from Phan's.

When I first started searching for a custom tailor in Saigon I thought "I'll never find a great one for a good price". There are simply so many tailors of varying ability with almost no way to be sure. I researched online reading reviews and decided on Phan's. There were a few negative reviews but I decided I would go for it.

A girl named Hien helped me place my order and she was the person I dealt with during the whole process. She was very patient with me and gave me her opinion when I was stuck about a choice.

My first order was for 5 suits and 4 shirts (not a small order). I had three fittings and when I got them they were beautiful. For 7 months I wore them in many different situations/venues and always received many compliments.

When I came back to Saigon I knew I would place another order. This time Two 3 piece suits (linen), one jacket, 4 shirts, and 2 linen trousers. It took a little over a week and on the final fitting I was very pleased and they said to come by the next day to pick them up.

I had taken some photos while trying my clothes on and after returning home I compared them to the styles of suits/clothes I was going for and decided I would like to have the length of all the pants and jackets shortened.

It was already late by this time and I was leaving the following day I was scheduled to pick them up.

I messaged Hien and asked if she could make the alterations.

Like a champion she came through and instead of picking everything up that morning it was that evening at 7pm.

Everything fit and looked exactly as I'd hoped. I really couldn't be happier about it.

My advice is to know exactly what you want before going to Phan's, they expect you to have a pretty good idea. Be aware of the type of fabric, pattern, color of button, single or double vent, cuff (on shirts and trousers), width of lapel, etc etc. The better idea you have of what you want, the more easily they can help you. Their fabric selection is more on the conservative side, so if you have some other preference be prepared to either bring fabric that you like or buy it from one of the fabric markets that has a lot more choices (this was what I did).

The price is excellent (especially compared to western tailors) and once they have your measurements it's really no trouble to have something shipped to you.

Many of my friends now want to come with me just to have suits made the next time I am in Vietnam. If you are on the fence about going to Phan's, in my personal experience, I can say you will not regret it.

Date of experience: July 2016