“Nom Nom Bacon” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hungry Pig

Ranked #61 of 3,104 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Masset, Canada
“Nom Nom Bacon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went here in the afternoon for lunch. Had been out late the night before and needed some grease. What a better way to cure a hangover than bacon! My BF had the pepper bacon one and a Bloody Mary. I made my own BLT like sandwich with the pine smoked bacon with a nice big mug of Lime juice. Both sandwiches were loaded with Bacon! We though it was good and hit the spot. I'm from Canada and eat bacon a lot at home. It was nice to get some decent bacon away from home. Don't know if the guy who reviewed before us just was unlucky and didn't get a good sandwich or that he's some kind of Bacon snob. Good stuff, keep in up Hungry Pig!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank sockeyesyd

• Vietnamese first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel is basically next door and we only discovered this place 3 days in to our stay which is a real shame! You can pick something off the menu or create your sandwich/bagel/panini. Lots of choice and nice to get a big mug of English tea which was free! Definitely worth a stop by.

Sofia, Bulgaria
“Pigs Made to Order”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Vietnamese are really resourceful and imaginative as I walk into The Hungry Pig eatery in Ho Cho Minh City. They have named their eatery The Hungry Pig with the tag line Bacon Bar. Actually, the pig is not hungry but we are. Though they seem to have borrowed from the pizza companies their zeal must be appreciated and I ordered my own sandwich which was a combo of their Notorious PIG and Bacon Caesar which I call Notorious Caesar which comprised baguette, smoked bacon, honey ham, parmesan shavings, and rocket and romaine lettuce. I liked it and next time I will try other combos. I understand you could order home delivery with the same kind of make your own terms. The eatery offers many extras free on minimum orders. Pepsi loyalists may be disappointed as this eatery seems to be with Coke.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Taylorchristian, Manager at The Hungry Pig, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hi,

Thank you very much for your review, it's means a lot to us here at The Hungry Pig.

I am very happy that you enjoyed our bacon.

We will add Pepsi to our menu! Thank you very much for pointing that out, as a Coke loyalist it completely slipped my mind.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

San Antonio, Texas
“Good spot in the backpacker district”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Nicely done casual place on Cong Quynh. Have tried the BLT and the coffee so far. Both were quite good. Staff friendly. Judging by the decor I'd say the owner has a sense of humor. Not sure the political irony is intentional, but its worth pondering that over coffee. Will be back to try out more of the menu I'm sure. Recommended.

• Visited December 2013
Hi GLX1138,

Thank you for taking your time to write your review, it's great feedback and really nice to hear your enjoyed the decor.

We will be getting a nice new coffee machine soon so we can expand our range of coffee.

Hope to see you again soon,
Happy new year

The Hungry Pig
“Wish we found this sooner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Walked in a few hours before we had to leave Saigon. Pitty we didnt find it sooner. Best sandwich we had during two weeks of Vietnam. Got a sneak peek in the kitchen because i asked to see their different types of bread. Kitchen was very clean and they were helpfull in explaining to me which bread there was available.
We selected our own ingredients from the menu for our sandwich. This place is a bit more expensive in comparison to the rest of the restaurants but it was all worth it