“Quaint European Apartment Smacked Right in HCM...”
other travelers have booked this property
The room with doors closed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
The room with doors closed
The view toward the balcony
Bathroom
View from the balcony at night
Balcony
The original building
Layout plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

alc308
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Surprised!”
Reviewed April 28, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I was not ready to arrive to this place. Location was nice but AC was not working. I was rather surprised! Later on, we (Victor and I) try to visit a 2nd place. I stayed one night. AC was fine but shower was not working. I contacted my friend and expressed my disappointment. I recommended balance for my unused place (2 days) be given to a local charity. Finally, I decided to look for a different place by myself. Wi Fi was not working either, so I had to stop by a local hotel to get Wi Fi and to get information on avail hotels in Ho Chi Minh City. Lucky enough I found one that was an excellent place. It was a wonderful surprise. It was an excellent surprise! Thanks to my friends in Vietnam. Al

Date of stay: April 2017
brucehT62...
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Great location but ...”
Reviewed March 9, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

The apartment is as described. In a great location with good facilities. The downside is the access. 3 floors of dimly lit stairs which are also used as storage and access to kitchens for the street vendors who are right outside the door at street level. Don't expect to be able to sleep in either. The other residents are quite loud in their morning preparations.
Still would recommend but with reservations.

Date of stay: February 2017
Andrew B
Whyalla, South Australia, Australia
“Photos can be deceiving”
Reviewed January 30, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Let me start with positives - room was clean. Had a safe. Had a bathroom. Now the negatives - the access was through a dingy door way off Li Loi st, in front of the doorway was a side walk eatery for locals, numerous people going up and down the stairs to access kitchen which is near the room. The stairs are a hazard with rubbish bins over flowing and walkways very dirty. The room was OK bathroom sub standard for what you are paying. View from balcony is non existent. We did not stay in this pre paid room as completely sub standard to what we thought we were getting, it is not an apartment!!!!. We went and reviewed numerous hotels all in close proximity and decided due to already out laying $347 US for 7 nights or $49 per night for a sub par room that we were to get a medium cost room at a hotel down the road for $35 US per night which was cleaner had better views, working lift, security, high enough to get away from the road noise and had daily cleaning and linen changes. If we had paid $50 US we would have had a beautiful room plus breakfast. Believe me "Do not stay here unless you are a back packer or use to this standard of room either way it is over priced". Way over priced for what is available in the area. I will be adding photos to substantiate my claims.

Date of stay: January 2015
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: Nothing

Travelers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

1silkworm
“Tram was fabulous,apartment OK,but you need to know before you stay.”
Reviewed October 23, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

The apartment is up 3 levels from the ground,which each one is a staircase and a half in US. There is no elevator, so if you are older. I would not recommend you to stay. The hallways are extremely subpare . The apartment is a converted hotel room, so no kitchen and a tiny refrigerator. Tram is extremely helpful and available to you your whole visite . He is truly a fabulous host.

Date of stay: January 2014
Raj K
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Quaint European Apartment Smacked Right in HCM City”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

Tram, the owner of this apartment has got all the mixes right. This beautiful chic apartment is located on the third floor of an old Vietnamese building. All the surroundings are rustic, with noodles stalls right outside the building, hawkers and locals hovering around the building, and busy traffic on Le Loi Street might deceive you of the great offerings the apartment has. We love this place as we get to live with the locals, and get to watch the busy city from a little balcony and make friends with the neighbours who own the stalls below. For travellers who have no clue where to start, Tram is there to help.

We arrived very early in the morning, and Tram picked us up at the airport. The quick 20 minutes drive was filled woth chats about his love for travelling, couch surfing, meeing friends and of course, running guesthouses. Upon reaching, knowing that we were dead tired, he offered to carry our luggages and continued with his introduction to the apartment, Tram had already reminded us the surroundings are not so great, but that makes the apartment unique. Tram linked us to his friend who is a trusted travel agent. Tram also lent us his SIM card so that we can quickly make calls to arange our tours.

From where we stayed, Ben Thanh is just 5 minutes away by foot. And the lively upbeat backpackers lane is about 15 minutes of walk. There is a fabulous cafe, L'Cusine just below the apartment that serves wonderful western cuisines and of course, Vietnamese coffee.

For shopping, dont miss Saigon Square 2. Saigon Square 1 is just across this apartment and Saigon Square 2 On Ton Du. thang street.

Date of stay: October 2013
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: The walk up to the apartment, no lifts.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
EL_VJ
Central Florida, Florida
“Authentic”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

The rental manager was awesome . He was very helpful in organizing and planning trips , he extended his kind self by walking me around the big city of Ho Chi Mihn and being my tour guide essentially , he pointed out all the highlights of the city e.g where to go and not to go. My stay in the apartment was quite pleasant, clean and well decorated. Very covenient place to stay ,right in the heart and soul of the city where you can feel the vibe of Ho Chi Mihn City. If you truelly want an authentic experience in vietnam this is the place !!!!!!!!

Yours truely

Joel Walker

Date of stay: October 2013
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location and outstanding kindness of the Manager.
Liked least: The walk or climb up the seven story stairs
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
MO
Reviewed September 15, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Date of stay: August 2013
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing