“Super Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 27 Grill - CLOSED

27 Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Seafood, European, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: 27 Grill is an affordable, casual, upscale establishment in Ho Chi Minh City consisting of a completely open kitchen built of marble and polished stainless steel, Glass covered wine cellar, and rustic yet warm furniture and decorations. The restaurant boasts one of the highest dining experiences in Vietnam with unparalleled breath-taking views of Vietnam's largest city. The restaurant also features an al fresco dining option located on the rooftop of AB Tower. 27 Grill is lead by Danish Chef Camilla Bailey.
Singapore, Singapore
“Super Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I been in a lot of steak house around the wold, but i think this is one of the best place in been and even better when you think of the price you pay. I know you are in vietnam and every thing is cheap. But the meet you get at 27 Grill is the same as the one you get in other steak house over seas. We shared 4 starters and had one AUS Ribeye and one Wagyu ribeye. All cook perfect and hot. After you can go to the Chill skybar below the restaurant for cocktail. This is a place to see and eat if you come to Vietnam.

2 Thank HJSingapore

Brisbane
“Have had better in Ho Chi Minh..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Chill is a great venue; fantastic views and an awesome atmosphere on Thurs, Fri and Sat night. However their new restaurant didn't impress me or my friend. The starters were nice, nothing special but nice. My steak was fatty and contained hard pieces of gristle. The fries are exactly the same as the ones they give you at McDonalds and the macaroni and cheese was dry and lacked any kind of flavor. My mushroom sauce didn't seem to contain any mushroom in it?! It was so watery it seemed to have been made out of a packet. After trying it I didn't touch it again.

We didn't try dessert but they did seem to have quite a nice selection. Towards the end of our meal the waiter gave us a comment card and kept coming back to our table to see if we had filled it out yet. The service had been good up until this point. I won't be going back, I can find better steak in Saigon.

• Visited September 2013
shawncscott, Manager at 27 Grill, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Bonniethepug,

We appreciate your valuable feedback and comments regarding our newly opened restaurant, 27 Grill. Could you kindly contact me directly at shawn@chillsaigon.com as I would like to follow up with you directly in the hopes of improving our food and service.

I believe that since your visit we have changed out meat supplier as well as the French Fries because of quality and consistency. I assure you that our sauces are homemade and not out of a packet however there is no excuse for the watery sauce and absence of mushrooms.

Once again I apologize and hope you contact me directly as I would personally like to invite you back to 27 Grill.

Kind Regards,

Shawn Scott
Santa Monica, California
“27 Grill HCMCity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

You missed it if you weren't here on this Wednesday night, oh yeah. Menu to die for, steaks at your command and service beckons - My man Edward Guan has a legion ready for ya. Tenderloin & veggies were made-to-order succulent success! Walk down the steps and see Greg at the bar. HoChiMinh's best seat and greet is right here at Chills then at the bar - you did miss it if you not at the CHILL! These guys bring the best from international locations and are DEEE veloping the city... I mean be serious and get your butt up to the top floor o' this flight! They takin off!! Screamin great night and I am back to hassle you for more whiskey and those green gin shots - blastin out of control!!! Hey CHILL, yal'll are TEN our of FIVE on the ratings! Sorry, not photos, go make your own!!!!

3 Thank Lc M
Singapore
“I love steak, and this place is excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you're a vegetarian, go away. This place is for meat lovers, followed by party goers.

Great location, amazing views, 5 mates, champagne, red wine, two great Danish Chefs, and some of the best steaks that I have tasted (Austrailien Waygu Ribeye, US Choice Ribeye and Iberian Pork from Spain). I would definitely recommend you visit this place if you are in Vietnam and you want a good feast. Post meal, go to the Sky Bar and terrace just underneath the restaurant.

Pricewise, total was around 2,500,000 mill Vietnamese dong per person (5ppl) - just over USD 100 dollars.

Enjoy.

1 Thank Pushworth
Odense, Denmark
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

First of all the location of the restaurant is second to non. You literally dine on top of the world, or at least on top of Saigon. The first thing you experience is the enormous kindness of the staff from the minute you enter the premises. You are treated with a smile from everybody from the doorman to the manager.
But the most amazing is the food; we have never in our lives tasted so great food. A blend of the best ingredients, treated with the most professional touch from the Danish star chefs, and presented with grace. We were blown away and for us this restaurant is like the Eifel tower in Paris, even though we know it we still return every time we are back!

2 Thank kimomme