“Excellent Location & comfortable stay”

Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel
Ranked #19 of 472 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The room cost is steep but is justifiable with the comfortable and clean rooms. The noise level was minimum and there was hot water in the showers. I was impressed with the hotel staff. They were kind and courteous. The breakfast spread is generous - Continental and Oriental breakfast. There were fresh fruits, salads, milk, yoghurt, bread, danish and cereal. The coffee is splendid (or so I was told by my roomie who is an avid coffee drinker).

Location: If shopping is your thing, this is the place to stay. The hotel is right next door to the Bin Thanh market.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LavanyaKrishnasamy
LCR_Manager, General Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear LavanyaKrishnasami,

Thank you for taking your time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to know that your stay with us was a great experience and that you appreciated our room design, professional staff, and the wonderful breakfast variety. Your kind words would be passed to related departments as positive motivation to the staff. Thank you once again and we wish to welcome you back in the near future!

Dang Manh Tan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,791)

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This hotel is a good base as everything in walking distance. Staff are friendly and rooms very comfortable. Stayed in a Riverside Signature , great view of the river and most notably a silent air con which in all my travels I have never known before, so silent I didn't think it was working until I felt the cold air begin to circulate. Laundry service was good an 3 items per room per day could be washed and pressed free of charge in the room I selected, which given the heat and the amount of t shirt changes it's a real plus. Pool is lovely and inviting, although got crowded c 14.00 as the mid day sun became intense. Would definatley stay here again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jueh442
LCR_Manager, General Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear jueh442,

Warmest greetings from Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel.

First of all, I would like to thank you for entrusting your stay with us. As providing guests the most amazing experiences is always our priority, your positive comment gives us a great pleasure and pride. It is very pleasant to know that you enjoy our central location, modern facilities, friendly staff as well as the benefits you had with your room type. Your kind words will be shared widely among our hotel team as a very special encouraging gift. Last but not least, thank you again and you are always welcome to visit us for your next trip to Saigon!

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Classy hotel: stunning rooftop pool & decent rooms however not up to 4 star rating: staff barely speaks english so almost impossible to communicate - book a tour and bar of hotel is on lobby and closes at 22h ? Hallo saigon 9 million people city...Much better less pricey alternatives away from boring riverside<no idea why this regio n close to smelly river is considered as 'luxury region'...?!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 411yvesd

Dear YvesD,

Warmest greetings from Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel.

I would like to thank you for staying with us during your trip to Saigon. It is very pleasing to know that you had a great time enjoying our rooftop pool and found our rooms to be to your liking. Nevertheless, I do take on board your comments of our staff’s communication skills and the closing time of the tour desk and Bistro Bar. As providing excellent service is what we strive for daily, your words give me deep concern and I would like to send you a sincere apology. I will definitely address these issues with the hotel team to improve English skills to better serve our guests. Standard operating hours dictate the Bistro Bar opens until 12AM daily. Being at the riverside means fantastic views over Saigon, whilst still being well placed for the renowned Dong Khoi Street and other points of interest around District 1.

Please kindly accept my apology if you felt your stay was not value for money. Thank you again and we wish to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Hotel is very new and clean! Everything was of the highest quality, outside restaurants, and activities of Saigon, without taking a cab. Wall immaculately clean and the staff were pleasant and helpful

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vileytraveller
Tina L, E-commerce Sales Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dearvileytraveller,
First of all, I would like to thank you for trusting and having us as your accommodation during your trip to Saigon. It is absolutely wonderful to see such a positive comment from you as you had great experiences with our facilities and our dynamic staff. Your kind words will surely be shared to the whole hotel team as a great encouragement for all staff to strive for our best. Once again, thank you and we wish to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Style over substance really...This is a lovely building which is very central to good places to see, the room was big, the bathroom was good - not sure about the see-through toilet wall though, everywhere was clean.

The rooftop pool was why we booked it really as a place to unwind - it is a v small pool and there are no changing rooms you use the one in the spa and have to walk down slippy marble stairs wet from the pool to change.

The staff are not really trained in the art of quality hotels, the cocktail waiter was sloooow making our drinks - prob 15 mins, breakfast was a bit of a 'hurry up and eat' affair and tea and coffee were cold both days.

The door staff are lovely and everyone was obliging, I think this hotel should get better as it matures.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank naughty_mutt

Dearnaughty_mutt,
Warmest greetings from our Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel.
I would like to thank you for taking your time reviewing us on Tripadvisor. It is very pleasant to know that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and the lovely door staff. However, I do take notice on your comment about your uncomfortable experiences of changing after swimming and the slow drinks at Bistro Bar. I would like to kindly inform that we do have a changing room just downstairs the swimming pool. I apologize for the drinks and will surely address this issue to the related department.Lastly, thank you again and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

No problems here. The hotel is easy to find as it's right on the riverfront. Fast and friendly check-in and check-out. The room was clean, new, quiet and with a nice river view. I had a Premier River View room on the 8th floor. Fine for 1 or 2 people but you'd perhaps need something bigger if you had kids with you. There's a good little swimming pool and fitness room up top, also with views of the river. The location couldn't be more convenient for the city. The staff are very helpful with getting a taxi from out front if you need but really, many of the central Ho Chi Minh parks, markets, shops, restaurants etc are within easy walking distance. It's about 20 minutes and less than US$10 by taxi to or from the airport. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, central place with a nice view but don't need a fancy 5-star then this is a great choice. I didn't eat or drink here so can't comment on that.

Room Tip: Premier River View room on the 8th floor was fine for 1 or 2 people. Good view of the river. You'...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David H
Tina L, E-commerce Sales Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear David H,
Initially, I would like to thank you for having your stay at our Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel. It is really amazing to me to know that you had a great experience with our front office procedure, the room, as well as the hotel staff team. Your kind words surely be passed to related departments as an encouraging gift for the whole team to keep striving for the best quality. Last but not least, thank you once again and we all wish to welcome you back soon for another lovely stay!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have to say I am extremely impressed by this wonderful new hotel. Everything is thought of, the rooms have USB ports, European/hybrid wall sockets and HDMI connection. The rooms themselves are spotless, very modern and chic and the shower is something else - fantastic. I arrived yesterday on a long flight from Dubai and first thing I did was jump in the shower, brilliant. The bed is perfect (and huge!) and the view from the river view room very pleasant. From the moment I walked in the staff were smiling and very friendly, couldn't do enough for me. Breakfast buffet this morning amongst the best and most comprehensive I've had anywhere. When i arrived i was worried a bit out traffic noise out font because of how close it is to the busy road but it is very well insulated and you cant hear anything really.

I don't normally leave reviews but feel compelled to say what a great hotel this place is. I get the impression it is quite new, the carpets and fittings still have that new smell, it is warm and inviting and would not be out of place in Chelsea, Paris or downtown New York, but at a huge price. Awesome, I'll definitely be staying here again next time I'm in HCMC for business.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view - it is really beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris M

Dear Chris M,
It is so wonderful to see your positive review as it shows that your stay at our Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel was an amazing one. As giving guest the most amazing experiences always our goal, your satisfaction of the room facilities, staff, and breakfast gives the whole hotel team a great pleasure and pride. As you do not usually write comment online like this, we very much appreciate your review and would like to send you a big thank for choosing our hotel during the trip to Saigon. We are more than happy to welcome you back for your next business trip to our lovely city.