“'end of the tour'” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Hobart, Australia
“'end of the tour'”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

4 nights at the Liberty. New, modern design, well appointed - upper end of the 4 star market. Great location - easy access to most attractions within CBD. Gorgeous river views from the rooftop swimming pool.Very helpful/courteous staff - rooms smallish, but well designed(large window for views) and spotless. Nice lounge area with good food and cocktails.Breakfast, brilliant - wide variety of foods for choice.Great value - definitely be back!!

Room Tip: The riverside rooms have the best views.We had a corner room - very happy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tina L, Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Michael t,
It was our pleasure to be the chosen destination for your last trip to Ho Chi Minh city.
We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside hotel. It is so nice of you to leave such high appraisal about our services, associates and breakfast.
Thank you and we would love to welcome you back soon.

Dang Manh Tan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

At the high end of 4 star, this full featured, modern hotel is a delight with a State of the art gym and gorgeous river views from the rooftop swimming pool. Staff are efficient and courteous and breakfasts are great! Although the location is really good for the river, stay at the other Liberty for proximity to markets and shopping.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Tina L, Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear GlennC,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your experiences in Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel.
We are really delighted to know that you enjoy your stay with us, especially about the breakfast’s quality and our associate’s performances. We have shared your feedback with our associates to let them know that their efforts are being recognized by our guests.
Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I booked this hotel partly based on the introductory rates offered by this new addition to the HCM scene.
On arrival, greeted by smiling staff who seemed eager to please. My room, riverside, offered a super view of the river and the traffic now so busy in HCM.
The room was excellent, although certainly not the biggest in the city.The bed was super comfortable and i wish i could have brought it home with me! The shower room was very good and spotless with a nice powerful overhead shower. I think the addition of a shaving mirror would be welcome.
Breakfast was fabulous, the buffet offering an excellent choice of Asian and Western favourites.
I enjoyed the restaurant for dinner on my first night there and the menu again offered most of the usual fare you would expect together with some Asian specialities.
A small but nice pool on the roof is good if you want a "cool down" from the streets.
My only gripe, very minor, was the slowness of check out, but i thoroughly enjoyed my 7 night stay and will certainly be back on my next trip.

Room Tip: get a riverside room!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jonpower
Dear Jonpower,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comment on tripadvisor.
We are glad to know that overall you were impressed with our guest room and hotel facilities.Your words in regard to the breakfast and dinner have been passed to the Food & Beverage team, which is actively working on the improvement of the buffet.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to Liberty Central Saigon Riverside hotel soon

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is in a handy location, has well presented rooms and everything brand new. It has a lovely rooftop pool with a view over the river. Breakfast was good except on the weekend when we couldn't get a table as it was so busy. After waiting we finally got a table but they didn't have enough staff and therefore we had to wait a long time to get someone's attention for tea and coffee and then the staff would forget as they were extremely busy. So more staff are needed and more tables and this would fix the problem. Other negatives included thin walls ( our neighbour turned his/her TV on at 5 am and that woke us up with ongoing noise through the wall) and I didn't like the glass wall between bathroom and bedroom. However, I still give this place 4 stars as it is very good value for money and a great location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PoemKM
Dear PoemKM,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay with us.
We are pleased to know that you enjoy the experiences you had during your last visit to Liberty Central Saigon Riverside hotel. In regard to your specific comments about the breakfast and the room’s wall, we will take note and work with our team to improve the service’s quality.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Liberty Central Saigon Riverside hotel again.

Bangkok
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Written at: 11/10/2013
I booked the premier riverview room from 11/9/2013-11/11/2013. I booked it and paid via expedia.com in advanced for a month before the trip.

However, once i arrived, hotel manager told me that my room needed more than an hour to clean. So he offered me an upgraded room at sibling hotel, liberty central saigon.
Actually, I am not quite believe him. I suspected that my room was also duplicate booked by other persons or maybe the previous guest did not want to check out and willing to pay more.
Because if it is just the cleaning, anyone can wait. It's not necessary to move to another hotel.

Anyway, because the new hotel locates very near the market and the upgrade room sounded good, so i accept the offer.
The problem is i discovered that i did not get all upgrade as the manager told me.
He told me that i would get
1. Bigger room..
I booked premier riverview room in liberty central saigon hotel. Hotel manager told me that he would upgrade a room if i am ok to move. The room he showed me in his ipad is very big. there is a living area in the room. But the actual room i got was not like that. I found later in hotel website that the room i got is standard deluxe room which is a little smaller than preimier riverview room.
2. Excutive lounge . This one i got it as manager told me. So no problem. The officers in lounge were also good.
3. Massage service.
When i went to massage counter, the massage officer said that i have to pay for the service. I told her to check with reception. But still no one knows that manager offered me this service.

If this trip was not for my father , i would shout at the counter.
but i let it pass because i did not want to have my father have any pressure with his first trip to hochimin.

So remember. If you got any offer, have it write down officially, e.g. Room type, view, floor, massage voucher, etc.

Update:11/14/2013
At my second night in the hotel, i got a call from reception that the hotel will give me a massage voucher. I am not sure if this was because massage officer helped check it for me or someone in the hotel saw my review here. But i refuse because i would check out in next day so i wanted to spend a time at other things else.
Anyway, In next day, The hotel also provided me a free taxi to airport to compensate the mistake it made.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pichet A
Tina L, Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear PichetA,
I am writing in reference to the incidents happened during your last stay.
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor. I regret that the services given to you during your last stay were not up to your expectation. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and your feedback will allow us to adjust and better our services and facilities.
We would like to apologize for the unfortunate circumstances of your stay. I hope you will kindly understand that this does not reflect the usual service and quality at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel.
I hope you will accept my apology and this experience will not impair your confidence in Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel.
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

The hotel staff is great and helpful. When I was firstly arrived the city and taking taxi from airport to the hotel, the driver sent me to the wrong places twice (intentionally I think) even I shown him a map, end up I needed to lead him to the right direction. The taxi price at last was almost 190,000 and I refused to pay that amount of money. Later the hotel concierge staff came out and helped me to discuss with the driver and end up I just needa pay 160,000. I'm very appreciated for the help from hotel staff. Besides, they all speak very good English.

The hotel is designed in modern style, it is clean, new and very comfortable. Location is good, it takes 5 minutes walk to the shopping area and 15 minutes walk to the Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica. The breakfast is delicious.

Will stay again, recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RaymondTW,
Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to know that you enjoy your stay with us in general and our staff’s performances in particular. Our associates are the most valuable asset that we have beside the facilities as we put a lot of effort into training.
Once again, thank you for choosing Liberty Central Saigon Riverside hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We did not experience any of the negative things other people wrote about. The staff were all friendly, our room was nice, although I had not expected the glass walls of the bathroom, and didn't like it. Our rate did not include breakfast and in fact we didn't eat any of our meals here. The location is very good, all major sights within walking distance.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Babette O,
We are glad to know that you had good experiences during your last stay at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside hotel
We would like to thank you for choosing us and for taking your time to leave a positive comment on tripadvisor.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Liberty Central Saigon Riverisde hotel in the future.