“Five star facility at three star prices - won't last forever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel
Ranked #11 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Five star facility at three star prices - won't last forever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

The rooms are awesome as this is a new hotel - renovation of an older hotel, I believe. The rooms are wooden and roomy with modern amenities. The key call here is that it is tremendous value for your money as this five star facility is only charging $100 a night for a regular room and $200 plus for a nice suite with access to the executive lounge on the top floor. This must be a soft opening price, so I wouldn't expect this to last for too much longer, but you might as well take advantage of it now. I would definitely recommend the executive lounge as it has very nice views, serves breakfast and early evening drinks and hors d'oeuvres.

The service is good, excluding the top floor restaurant which had awful service with mistakes and extremely slow delivery. I would skip the top floor dining and go somewhere outside of the hotel. The location is a bit seedy, but central to the markets, the backpacking nightlife, and about a 10 minute cab from the high street shopping and river front area. Never had a problem grabbing a cab.

Highly recommend - get it while you can!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Pullman S, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear AmanJunkieBoston,

I would like to start by thanking you for you very pleasant review after your recent stay with us.

I was extremely pleased to read your kind comment and appreciation of our hotel facilities and especially our hotel design. This hotel is brand new as you correctly mention and has been built from scratch to become the beautiful Pullman as we know it today.
I would like to apologies for the quality of service you received at the Cobalt Restaurant. I have instructed my Restaurant Manager to increase the training, I can guaranty you that service has already improved and we will not stop here.
I was however delighted to see the enthusiasm you have regarding the location of the hotel and ease to access to the main city attraction, increased buy the free should we provide to our guests.

I hope to have the chance of welcoming you back to the hotel for your next visit in Saigon.

Edouard Morier
Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

The first impression with very warm welcome @ the front desk. The top view Cobalt was an amazing. Went down for Buffet dinner on 3rd floors and the staff here were very friendly with a huge smile, Ms. Doung( or Dung not sure) restaurant supervisor, She took very good care of us, well known for wine offered and woa was so surprise with her speaking E.
The breakfast was so busy in this restaurant. The only thing that i had to wait for a long time for my coffee.
The room was so nice and comfortable...
We absolutely had a great time in your hotel, laughing, chatting with the staff and full value for money. Sure that we will come back next trip. Well done for the New Accor Hotel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jescicawebb65
Dear jescicawebb65,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to review the hotel after your recent stay with us.

And what a review! I was extremely pleased to see your enthusiasm and appreciation in regards to the hotel facilities and especially to the Food & Beverage Department. Your Kind words have been passed on to the Team, including Ms. Dung who made your stay a memorable one. This is a great motivation for them and us all.

On behalf of the entire hotel Team, I wish to thank you once again, and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel for your next visit to Saigon.

Edouard Morier
Guest Experience Manager
jakarta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Our company entrusted a tour agent for our company celebration tour of Ho Chi Minh City and was checked into Pullman Saigon on the basis being a new hotel with Accor accreditation. We should have done more research on our own, as the hotel has more than it's share of teething problems. The core of it lies with it's pompous "acting" GM Monsieur Phillipe [---]. Monsieur Phillipe ought to spend less time reading his own name in front of the mirror and attend to the reasons why guests rooms are only made up at 11 pm .... I repeat PM. And why on Executive Floor guests are denied service in the Executive Lounge. As a group, we had checked in 14 rooms for 3 nights and decided that we will never return to this hotel nor recommend anyone to stay here. The rooms are pleasantly new and filled with state of the art gadgets. All it needs now is good old fashion hospitality.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
11 Thank CNW2312
Pullman S, General Manager at Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear CNW2312,

I sincerely appreciate that you took the time to give us your impressions of your recent stay in Saigon.

I was extremely disappointed to read your comments about our hotel facilities and service. The experience you described causes me deep concern, as it does not represent the quality of service we strive for at Pullman Saigon Centre. I have addressed this issues the individuals involved personally. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I sincerely hope that this experience will not impair your confidence in Pullman Brand.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

The staff made our stay enjoyable. They were all so attentive and informative. As you walked out the hotel the security would remind you to hide your camera, phone and bag due to snatchers who would ride and grab from a moped. The room was standard and we had to request a move to a non smoking room as the first one was smelling of smoke. The location was okay but I saw better - such as the Majestic, Park Hyatt etc but I expect they were much more expensive. This hotel seemed more of a business hotel. we also made a mistake by ordering breakfast to the room as this seemed to cancel out our prepaid breakfast and we were charged again, this was never explained in advance.

Room Tip: ask for non smoking if you do not smoke Also be careful if you order breakfast to the room as we ha...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pullman S, General Manager at Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Wotney,

I would like to thank you for choosing Pullman Saigon Centre as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Saigon.

I was delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us and that you appreciated our Team Members attitude.
I had instructed my FB Manager to revise the procedure for room service with prepaid breakfast. Rest insures this disagreement is from the past.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel, allowing you to have a memorable room service breakfast.

Kl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was NOT a five-star experience for us.

For the Mercedes C Class airport / hotel transit cost, the hotel requested my credit card details via e-mail(wasn'tt happy about that). They subsequently rang me for the details.

The style of driver of the C Class had me feeling ill by the time I arrived at the hotel (my wife was already in Saigon arranging our forthcoming wedding party).

When I entered the hotel I was asked to place my bag with others for delivery to my room. As I was hand-carry only I declined and asked to be shown to the 30th floor Executive Lounge for my Platinum Member check-in. I asked the downstairs service-desk concierge to direct my wife to the 30th floor when she arrived. The concierge response was "you have a marriage certificate?". What was interesting in this situation is that the concierge didn't ask if my wife is Viet - she is. Well, as it turns-out, I did have the certificate with me but I was not at-all happy about the concierge attitude.

At the 30th Floor Executive Lounge there was a queue to check-in (one attendant on check-in duty) and it took 20 minutes to check-in. When I explained that I hadn't been able to find-out how to use my loyalty points to pay the hotel bill and asked for help to do this, the attendant don't know how to do this and promised to look-into it and get back to us - she didn't.

We were given an upgrade to a room on the 15th floor (coffee machine and iPhone [old connector type] dock).

The overall design, furnishings and bathroom were nice but the bedroom area somewhat cramped for space (the style here is reminiscent of Shangri-la's Traders brand). The curtains couldn't be 'black-out' drawn and so we were awoken at dawn in the mornings by the daylight streaming-in.

Breakfast in the 3rd floor restaurant was a disappointing experience with indifferent staff interaction. The 30th floor much better on Day 2.

Staff here seem happy to have a job but not very well trained to realise maintaining their jobs ultimately depends on pleasing customer satisfaction (and that includes the car-park attendants too).

Taking a 5* brand and putting-it on the wrong side of the tracks with 3* staff is not a good equation - we're back to Sofitel Saigon where we regularly stay and are well treated.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank Wotney
Dear Wotney,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel after your recent stay with us.

I am deeply disappointed with the situation you described here. I can assure you that there was no indiscretion from our Bell Team when asking about marriage certificate. I have instructed my Front Office Manager to deliver additional training to insure a smooth approach with this topic.
I am sorry that our Executive agent were not able to answer your enquires in regards to the use of Le Club points. I will be please to show you how to convert your points into cash voucher.

I hope that this incident will not alter the trust you have in Pullman brand, and I hope you will give us the chance to show you the improvements we have made.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Pullman Saigon is in a good location, not too far from the center of action, yet quiet enough for a good night's rest. General upkeep doesn't disappoint per the rest of Accor's hotels.

The air-condition for my particular room is not very cooperative, and it stays at 18'C no matter what temperature I set. A good respite from the intensely hot and dry weather, but not exactly the most environmentally friendly installation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Pullman S, General Manager at Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear sgK1,

Thanks you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Saigon.

I was very pleased to read that the hotel facilities and location was up to your expectation. I will inform my Engineering Team to have a look at air condition remote in your previous room.

On behalf of the hotel Team, I wish to thank you once again and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel for your next trip.