“Saigon for business”

Ranked #13 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Zurich, Switzerland
“Saigon for business”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Nice hotel - brand-new, very clean and up to date rooms.
Very nice breakfast buffet. Nothing special for dinner.
Location could be better - you need about 15 minutes to downtown but for business it's okay.
Very friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com

Pullman S, General Manager at Pullman Saigon Centre, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear AdrianHu1111,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to review our hotel after you recent stay to Ho Chi Minh City.

It is with great pleasure that I read you kind comment concerning the hotel cleanliness, the rroom design and the breakfast.
In regards to the location, we provide a free shuttle to insure commodity to move around the city.
However, I was happy to read that you find our Team Friendly during your stay.
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Pullman Saigon Centre during your next visit to Saigon.

Thierry Le Ponner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We just left the Pullman this morning after a 5 day stay. The whiners and complainers in previous posts need to remember that this hotel hasn't even been open that long. Cut them some slack. If you're that high maintenance then go someplace where a little grace or patience due to the newness of the hotel, isn't needed. Good grief, grow a pair.

Personally, i found the staff was accommodating, very friendly, and go out of their way to help. I stayed in the exec suite on the 24th floor. Spacious, modern, very contemporary and a great view of the city. There's a high rise right across the street that's under constructions as well.

Saigon is a visual kaleidescope. A city of nearly 9 million people. 7 million of which are on scooters or mopeds and there's only 4 traffic lights. :-) OR so it seems. The traffic is absolutely CRAZY NUTS. But it's how they do it.

Pros: Awesome bed, great sleeping, quite, hot shower with good water pressure, clean courteous staff. The Spa is very clean and the attendants well trained. Got the 90 minute full body massage, and after a long long day of filming, it was wonderful. The restuarant has a good breakfast consisting of all the staple western foods as well as plenty of cultural dishes. The dinner buffet comes with your exec room (which is very affordable by the way. Average of $195/night currently. The hotel room rate will probably go up as the hotel finishes the top floors and demand increases. Dinner buffet is around $50. Lots of choices, good desserts, good wine, great espresso. The restaurant or Food Connexion, is on the third floot and plenty of window seats although there's not much to look at but traffic. Plenty of 'real deal" Vietnamese restaurants within a large two block radius. Even the shopping district(s) is within walking distance, but the city center itself where the statue of Ho Chi Minh is along with the Theater, the Museum, the large farmers market (I forget the name) etc., may be a little too far to walk. Bar prices at the hotel are fair and reasonable. Bar wait staff is awesome!

Cons: very few. The spa is adequate but could be a bit bigger. They didn't have heavy enough weights but I'm sure that'll come. and language barrier. Though the staff speaks relatively decent english, be patient. You'll probably have to say "what? Could you repeat that?" often because their english is a little difficult to understand but they try hard.

Off to China.

4 Thank Corey E
Pullman S, General Manager at Pullman Saigon Centre, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Corey E,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review after you recent stay at Pullman Saigon Centre.

It is with great pleasure that I read your kind and constructive comments. I am delighted that you appreciated our hotel facilities, location and services provided by our Team. Rest insures that you kind review will be share with our Team.
We are actively working on the improvement of the English level and understanding of the Team. In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your patience with them.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel for your next visit to Saigon. In the meantime, enjoy you trip to China.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Pullman hotel in the final leg of our brilliant holiday in Vietnam. We have stayed in a number of hotels in the city before, such as the Nikko and the Intercon but found this one to be the best. We stayed in a room in the corner of the hotel which was 22 storeys high and overlooked the city, it was spectacular. I always find Pullman hotels have quite funky and modern hotel rooms and this one certainly didn't disappoint. The service was generally good and the staff helpful. We were however disappointed in a couple of things. One was the service in the restaurant for lunch, which was very slow and the food just ok. The prices reflect quality so that's what we expected. It didn't deliver. Having said this we will certainly be back, the location is good and close to the markets, the backpacking area with cheap food and beer and a short journey by taxi to the main tourist attractions. Better than the Nikko Hotel which is rated 2nd on this website.

Room Tip: Pick one of the corner rooms on a higher floor which have glass alongside two walls and overlook the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thomas W
Pullman S, General Manager at Pullman Saigon Centre, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Thomas W,

I would like to thank you for choosing Pullman Saigon Centre as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Ho Chi Minh City.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern.

I regret that that your lunch at Food ConneXion restaurant was not up to your expectation. Your comments has been carefully noted and passed on to our Restaurant Manager and our Chef, who will take prompt action on this matter.

However, I was pleased to read that you enjoy the design of the hotel, the location the service provided by our Team.

On behalf of the hotel, once again I wish to thank you for your support and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back during your next visit to Saigon.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

It's open since couple of months but service very poor still, many things went wrong during my stay; needles to list all.

Breakfast nice displayed, but if you put it all together you will notice that the selection is very limited.
At 7.30pm TV stops with a very annoying, noisy alarm clock, reminding on "Happy Spa Hour" (how cheap is that?), entire soft ware breaks down and it takes them ages to reboot (I left the hotel at 8pm and it was still not on).

Normally I'm a fan of Pullman brand, but if you charge full price, then I would expect full services.

6 Thank SEAAUS
Pullman S, General Manager at Pullman Saigon Centre, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear SEAAUS,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.

It is with deep regret that read your impression about the hotel and I would like to offer my sincere apologies. We faced difficulties with the TV system yesterday, we add no intention to have this pop-up promotion. I already assign my informatics technician Manager on this topic to insure this does not happen again.
Our pricing are lower than similar properties in the area due to soft opening. I regret this wasn’t your impression and offer my apologies.

I sincerely hope that this experience will not impair your confidence in Pullman brand and that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at Pullman Saigon Centre and I would book it again whenever I am back in Saigon. It is very central and you have all the best spots around there.
Staff:
The staff was friendly and very helpful, when it came to a quick laundry service request, explaining to me the fastest way to my destinations and to find some nice place for night life (great tips from Edouard Morier – Quality & Attitude Manager). Also a big thanks to Philippe Lecluse (Operation Manager) great help to solve some issues I had.
Room:
I had a king bed deluxe room which was really cosy and equipped with all you need: TV, great bath tub, shower, safe, coffee machine, etc…
It was an overall very satisfying trip and I would highly recommend it to colleagues or friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pers p
Pullman S, General Manager at Pullman Saigon Centre, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear pers p,

I would like to start by thanking you for chossing Pullman Saigon Centre as you accommodation during your recent visit to Ho Chi Minh City.

It is with great pleasure that I read your review. I am glad that you enjoy our facilities, the view and the team. Rest insures that your kind comments will be passed on to our Team members.

Once again thanks again for your comments, and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Pullman Saigon Centre.

London
Reviewed November 26, 2013

There is potential here. It's a nicely designed, brand new hotel. Rooms are clean and spacious. The hard product will be good. However, the hotel is still under construction and lacks the finesse of a well-run property. We think: don't come here before July 2014 when everything's been broken in and staff have more experience and training.

The hard product isn't quite there. From 08:30-17:00, loud construction noise could be heard inside the room; hammers banging, power drills, etc. without appropriate redress. Rooms where smokers had been accommodated were passed off as non-smoking. Wifi connectivity is patchy and where good wifi exists, internet speeds are only average for a business hotel.

The soft product has a long way to go. Requests in English were very poorly understood and generally met with a long wait or shrug. Front desk staff had little to say about restaurants or area, indeed could not instruct a cabbie; re-programming an expired room key took a team of two ten minutes. Red wine is served cold in a bar with an atmosphere and lighting more akin to an operating theatre than a place you'd like to have a drink. And while the breakfast buffet was professionally presented, warm food was tasteless and stale. In general, wherever you go there is a host of staff loitering without a discernible purpose - and at a loss (albeit apologetically) when prompted for help.

Pullman's design and philosophy goals are solid. But for now we are disappointed with its execution.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank FXtraveller
Pullman S, General Manager at Pullman Saigon Centre, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear FXtraveller,

I would like to express my gratitude for reviewing the hotel after your recent stay at Pullman Saigon Centre.

I am pleased to read that you enjoy the design of the hotel, our rooms as well as the potential of the hotel.
I regret to note that some of our facilities were not yet fully at you convenience. I passed on the word to our Housekeeping and Reception Team to standardize the use of the smoking room.
I can assure you that all Team members and Managers are actively working on the overall improvement.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again soon where you can witness the improvements we have made.