“Very tasty, but tiny portions!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Moc Hoa Cho Quan Chay Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #2,448 of 3,361 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Very tasty, but tiny portions!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Really lovely food but the portions are minuscule and the price is very high for what you get. Definitely good to visit if you are not on any particular budget and don't want a huge meal, but there are more options further down the road if you are starving and watching the pennies. Friendly owner though.

• Visited August 2013

Ghent, Belgium
“Tiny plates, big prices”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

It looked like a cosy place, but really: the food is completely overpriced if you look at the tiny portions of food they deliver. The owner had been to Europe a number of times, but even to European standars, this was not acceptable. I ordered tofu with chili and lemon grass, which I had a couple of times before in other places. It wasn't really good here, I had about 5 pieces of tofu that hardly had any taste. They give you some towels to refresh before your meal, but when you look at the bill, they charge you for it (even if you haven't used them). This has been the worst food experience during my 4 week Vietnam trip...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Heleendewitte
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Good but expensive”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had an evening light meal/snack here - Garlic Bread (4 small pieces) and Mango Salad (a small cup) which cost 100,000 VND - so quite expensive. Food was quite tasty and artfully presented so most likely they follow the French way - small portions and big price. They also serve eggs. The hostess was very welcoming and gave a photo book to glance thru while waiting for food. Located in the heart of backpacker district.

• Visited June 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
“Great vegetarian cuisine”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My son and I had dinner here after a tiring full day Mekong Delta tour (May 27, 2013). A cozy and clean place. We just loved the spring rolls that we had to order again. I couldn't remember the name of the other dish, served with sort-of crispy bread. My son just loved this! We also ordered rice mixed with veggies. I just hope the owner of this place, a pretty lady, assisted by members of her family, I supposed, will see this review and tell us the names of the dishes we ate. It was unfortunate, we were not able to take pictures of the dishes served. But I was able to take picture of their restaurant signage but I do not know how to add and post it here.

• Visited May 2013