“Cosy Hotel in District 1”
Review of Pink Tulip Hotel

and 1 more site!
Pink Tulip Hotel
Ranked #9 of 1,000 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Pink Tulip Hotel is a little jewel in the middle of District 1. We had a front facing room with a small balcony, which was very nice and cozy. Coffee, tea, water, hot shower, shower gel, toothbrush - everything was there. Also the breakfast we liked, we were able to choose from a small menu. There were even fresh fruit juice. The staff is very helpful and provides useful tips for Saigon and Vietnam. The massage at the hotel was very good. A quiet hotel in a vibrant area. Thank you!

Room Tip: The front facing Rooms with Balcony
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
anne_plat, Owner at Pink Tulip Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Diana

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
Good you liked the cosy, warm, personal atmosphere.

warm wishes

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Pretty good value for a modest accommodation in the heart of the city. Stayed in the standard twin room. Every room in the hotel was supposed to have a TV. We might have had it in ours, but did not notice it. Not that it was important anyway. The room and the bathroom were relatively clean.

The included breakfast served in the small lobby or just outside the front door was delicious: a small loaf of bread, an omelette, fruit with yogurt, tea or coffee, juice among other things you could choose. The staff was pleasant. I would recommend this place.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank rutigi

Dear guest.

There is a flat screen tv in every room.
In the middle room it is attacked to the wall next to the entrance door.
In the back room and in the front room it is on top of the cabinet.
And as I'm writing this response all the tvs are still there.
Good to hear you liked the breakfast so much.

Take care.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

As good as ever.
Stayed a couple of times but just for a few days each time in November 2013
The welcome is great and the stay remains good value for money with an excellent location.
Breakfast is included and your choice
You must try the foot massage - excellent value

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AsianvisitorUK

Dear Mike.
How are you?
Thank you so much for your great review.
It was always a pleasure to have you with us.
We hope to see you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Pretty clean hotel and bathroom.
The staff was helpful and nice.
Rooms are a bit noisy, but luckily people in Vietnam go to bed early.
It's a fair rate for a short stay and you can certainly enjoy the city.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello
Thank you so much for your nice review.
We are very happy with it.
Warm wishes

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and had a great time in this surprisingly quiet hotel considering the central location in District 1. We felt very comfortable and safe, and had as much help and advise as we needed from the helpful owner. There are numerous places to eat within steps of the front door. Ho Chi Minh is a mad place but with it so exciting. The rooms were spotless as was the bathroom. There is a lift which made it easy transporting our suitcases. I wouldn't look any further than the Pink Tulip for a budget stay within a great location. Highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest
Thank you so much for your review.
It is great to hear you liked your stay so much.
Good to hear our effort paying off.
Take care.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I absolutely hate to be unoriginal, but as it as been described below, this place truly is a home away from home, I must emphasize that fact.
I just stayed 12 days in this absolutely spotless and friendly guesthouse, the Pink Tulip hotel.
This place has a location that one cannot beat: bang in the middle of the most charismatic and happening corner of HCMC, the Bui Vien area, and yet, it is so peaceful, as it is nicely set back from any main street.
The management and staff will do anything to ensure that you've got everything you need.
Any question, query? They are always delighted to lead you in the right direction.
As I asked, once, whether they had DVD players for hire, they went out and bought me one the same day! (As they do not usually offer that service.)
Smiles all around, all day long, from the adorable cleaning staff, to the ever present running team, and a charming little terrace where you get to have your breakfast in the mornings. Stay there over a few days, and the whole street will practically know your name, and you'll be happy to stick around, as there is litteraly everything you need in that groovy Coronation-style alleyway, from laundry, to ATMs, to bike rental and to some of the finest eateries in the district.
Send the establishment's little doggy, Boy, my very best when you / if you ever land there.
But as for me, I would not ever dream of going everywhere else when in HCMC: that would be a mistake. Superb value for money....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank NilsJeanLuc
anne_plat, Owner at Pink Tulip Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear NilsJeanLuc

I'm speechless........
Thank you so much for your great review.
I'm really happy with it.
I really like the comparison you make between Bui Vien Street and Coronation Street.
Bui Vien, the street the Pink Tulip Hotel is on, is a real life Coronation Street where everybody knows eachother and yes also our guests.
You become a part of the Pink Tulip family and part of the street life.
Same as in Coronation street on Bui Vien you see birth, death, wedding, devorce, intrigues and plots.
But still it is a nice quit street at night.

NilsJeanLuc you where a very nice guest.
And I can tell you that you became a part of the Pink Tulip Family.

We really hope you will stay with us on your next visit to HCMC.

Kind regards,

Anne

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I am an experienced world traveler based in USA who travels for my job as an architect, as well as for pleasure as it is a favorite hobby. To say that I am on the road more often than not would be a major understatement. I chalk up at least one new country destination a year and by design, have had the fortunate pleasure of experiencing new year's eve in a different location for the last two decades.

When one travels as much as I do, one rarely writes reviews. It will take too much time and be difficult to pick and choose which personal experiences to share and harder still to figure out what to leave out. Like life, there are many good memories sandwiched between bad and mostly mediocre ones.

But I feel obligated to write this review in response to the "appalling and insulting" one from Kate P.

My current project has taken me to Vietnam for the first time and I have been discovering this country for over the past year shuttling between Malaysia and Thailand. Part of this requires me to base myself in hotels in HCMC. I have stayed the full gamut from prestigious 5 stars to a slew of family run boutique establishments. Having the luxury to pick and choose where to stay with a company expense account, my natural inclination is to spice up my experience with variety and must have stayed in at least a dozen different hotels in HCMC over the past year.

And to paraphrase Kate's "never been treated so badly by hotel staff before", "I have never been treated so well by hotel staff before" than at the Pink Tulip. How can our experiences be so different? Reading her passionate negative review, it is clear that her experience is very real and "traumatizing" for her. I was not there so cannot discount her bad experience. But I can describe my own.

New Year's eve, Pink Tulip put up a small street party for their guests and in true neighborly fashion, invited guests staying at other hotels to join in the fun. It was a gesture that is counter to the "only interested in the money" description Kate described of the owner. The guests from the other hotels and other walk by who partake in the free flowing drinks and food were incredulous on the generosity and giving spirit of the season. That evening must have left good memories of new year in Vietnam for the backpacker from Barcelona to the Japanese ladies who were staying next door as well as the trio of German tourists who stumbled on the festivities.

My own stay only amplified my positive impression of the Pink Tulip, so much so that I am seriously thinking of making it my base for the duration of the rest of my stay here. I will miss 5 stars amenities like a well equipped gym and infinity roof top pool, or a luxuriously appointed large room with views galore and all the latest gadgets, or a sumptuous breakfast with enough varieties to satisfy all 500 guests......none of which I can assure everyone, are available at Pink Tulip.

But I will miss even more the "family atmosphere" of knowing who cleans my room, knowing that my cell phone I forgetfully left behind in my room will still be there when I return, how someone had figured out how I like my eggs done, how the staff figured out when to give me space when I have had a bad day and when to cheer me up with a drink at the most unexpected time. Things don't always works perfectly, like the slow wifi I am struggling with right now or the electrical outlet that has a mind of its own, but I know that all it takes is a call and it will be fixed as soon as they are able to.

Different experiences, same location. Much like life.

I don't give out 5 stars. It implies perfection and I have never experienced perfection yet in all my hotel stays. But in this case, to balance out the extremely negative review from Kate and to describe my own personal experience, I am making an exception.

Pink Tulip. Thank you for providing me the closest "home away from Home" experience I have ever had. Warts and all.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Architect2014

Dear Architect2014

I don't know what to say. I'm really touched by your words.
What a great review.
How great you respect the review of Kate and show your own experience with the Pink Tulip Hotel.
Thank you for your comments wwich you gave me in person.
With these comments we can improve our service, information, decoration and details.
Yes teh Pink Tulip Hotel probably will never become a5 star hotel.
That is also not our intention.
And yes sometimes things going wrong.
But want want to create is an homey, nice atmosphere.
A place where you feel secure and comfortable.
And if a guest tells us that staying at the Pink Hotel feels like visiting family or beeing home abroad then we know we doing good.
So again thank you for your very good review.
And thank you for letting us know that the Pink Tulip became your home abroad.

Best regards,