“Good Noodle Shop”

Cuisines: Chinese
Bel Alton, Maryland
“Good Noodle Shop”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

3 of us ate here based upon reviews on various websites. It is as described, a street noodle cart operated in a small shop, 2 tables inside and 2 outside. It allowed me to solve the mystery to me and to my wife (Vietnamese) as to "what is hu tiu mi?: hu tiu and mi being 2 different types of noodles. The answer: it's a bowl with half hu tiu and half mi. The noodles are served in a delicious broth with wonton, or you can have a bowl of just wonton. Pieces of shredded chicken are added to each bowl. We found the wonton to be smaller than we are accustomed to, but tasty. The place appears to be well regarded locally, with customers often come in for take-out, often arriving in expensive cats. It was very inexpensive, as is usual for small noodle shops, and service was quick. Altogether, I can only rate it as "good" in the context of other wonton mi I've eaten in Vietnam.

• Visited April 2013